Status: finished

Some People Have It and Other People Don't

Subjects Are Thrown Around The Room

After William wiped away the last of my tears, we exchanged phone numbers and just started to talk about everything and anything. William was halfway done with telling me this story about him in high school when the security guard from earlier walked over to us.

"Um, excuse me miss, but your friend is, ahem, throwing a bitch fit."

I shook my head, a smirk on my face. "Oh dear Claire. Whatever will I do without her?" I turned to William. "I have to go."

"Don't," he said, grabbing my hand.

"I only have two choices. Invite Claire back here or leave. I'm too selfish to invite her back here. I want you to myself. And as for the second choice; she's my ride."

"I'll give you a ride."

"Okay. Let me tell her."

I went out and told Claire I was staying and William was driving me home. She smirked as she left and told me to tell her everything tomorrow.

I rolled my eyes and returned to William. "Just a second," I said, pulling out my phone. I dialed my home number.

"Hello?" Kiera's sleepy voice answered.

"Hey Kiera, it's me, Emily. Can you put mom on? And go to bed hon, it's almost eleven."

"Okay. Here she is."

"Hello?" My mother's voice asked.

"Hi mom, it's Emily. I uh, I found an old friend of mine at a club, and instead of coming home with Claire, I'll be a little late."

"Oh, okay. Have fun honey."

"Thanks mom. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and glanced at William, who was smirking. "What?"

"You've changed. A lot."

"No I haven't. Shut up."

"Do you still listen to hardcore death metal and do you still hate alternative or 'pansy music'?"

"Yeah, but…" I was about to tell him that I listened to his band, but at the last second, I decided not to. I wanted to screw with his mind "Yeah. I do. You know, before I met you, my bedroom behavior was never more then checkmarks on bedposts. But as far as I remember, you weren't half bad. You probably knew exactly what I was going to say: big words and recycled phrases. I probably even had the bittersweet taste of other boys on my lips. I'm gonna miss looking up from the floor at your face on a stage in a crowded room. I'm still a sucker for those famous faces."

After spewing out practically all of the verses of Checkmarks, the look on his face went from smug to astonishment. Especially because Checkmarks wasn't on their setlist for this tour. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing.

"How…what…you…my song…huh?" He said, confused.

"What?" I asked, adopting a curious look.

"You just quoted about all of the song I wrote on Almost Here. It's called Checkmarks."

"Really? That's a really weird coincidence." I said, raising my eyebrows.

I guess I wasn't convincing enough because his look of surprise turned to one of slight peevishness. "Oh, I get it. You're an asshole."

I laughed. "Wow Beckett, took you a while to figure that one out."

"Shut up de Lima."

We were both quiet for a minute, and then I spoke. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"I can't wait until you're done touring."

He was silent. I looked into his face, because his eyes were averted.

"William? What aren't you telling me?"

"After this tour, um, we're going on another tour. To Asia and Oceania."

I caught his eyes. "How long does that one go on for?"

"Um, three months,"

I sighed. I'd be near the end of my pregnancy by then. "Okay. But please no more tours until the baby's born. I want you to be with me."

William looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "I don't want to miss the birth of my first child. Besides, when we scheduled that tour, I didn't know I had a baby on the way."

"Yeah, I know. So, what happened after your bassist, Sisky, was it? What happened after he told that girl he liked that he was friends with you?" I asked, referring to the story he was telling me earlier.

"Well, she came up to me later, and asked if it was true. And I was like 'Um, no, I'm friends with his brother. I don't even know him.' And then she got all pissy at him cause he lied to her."

I laughed. "Wow. He's one piece of work."

William nodded in agreement, a smile on his face.

"You know, I'd like to meet your band mates sometime. They seem pretty cool. Well, as cool as you can get while playing in a pansy band." I said smirking.

William bit his lip for a second, then a smirk grew on his face. "Wait right here. And close your eyes."

I obliged grudgingly. When I heard him walk away, I cracked my eyes open a bit. There was no way in hell I was going to stand there with my eyes shut. I'm not an idiot.

I saw him return with something in his hands and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Okay, put out your hands," he instructed.

I did so and cool plastic was put into them. "Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and looked at the piece of plastic in my hand. It was a VIP ticket to tomorrow nights show. Backstage pass included.

A smile spread across my face. "Thank you so much!" I said, throwing my arms around him.

"No problem. I want to see you again."

"Billvy! Where are you?!" A loud exclamation rang through the air. Bill poked his head outside the dressing room and quickly ducked back in, swearing. "You're getting your wish a little sooner than planned," he informed me.

Just then four guys barged into the dressing room. "Hey Billvy, we're going to the ho…tel." The curly haired guy with tattoos covering his body broke off into an awkward silence. I eyed him and thought to myself that I'd get along just fine with him. He looked like the shit.

"Well, um, Emily, this is Michael Guy Chislett, occasionally known as Chizzy," William said, pointing to the tall guy with messy blonde hair. "This is Adam T. Siska, referred to as Sisky, Sisky Business or the Business," he said, pointing to a short, wirey guy with dirty blonde hair. "This is Mike Carden, sometimes referred to as Santi," he pointed at a guy with long brown hair. "And this is The Butcher," he said, pointing to the guy with curly brown hair and the tattoos.

I nodded to each of them in turn, then looked at William, waiting for him to introduce me. "Guys, this is Emily de Lima, my um, my…" He trailed off, looking at me with a question in his eyes. What were we anyways?

"His girlfriend," I supplied, smiling and shaking their hands.

"So, how long have you two been dating? And why haven't we heard about it?" Mike asked, shooting a glance at William.

"Yeah, and do you know your girlfriend's got a bun in the oven?" Sisky said bluntly.

I crossed my arms over my stomach and everyone stared at Sisky with an astounded look on their faces.

"Don't you know to never talk to a woman about her being pregnant unless she tells you? What if she isn't pregnant?" Michael asked.

"Guys, it's okay," I piped up. "I am pregnant. William knows."

"So…how long have you two been dating? And why haven't we heard about it?" Mike said, repeating his earlier questions.

William looked at me, then looked at his band. "Well, um, we haven't been dating officially. It's a long story."

"We've got time," The Butcher said, leaning against the door.

William sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Okay, remember that one time, before tour, we were in Angels and Kings? And you guys couldn't find me until the next day?"

Sisky rolled his eyes. "Duh. You had us freaked out. We thought a fangirl had drugged and raped you or something."

"Well, I felt like being normal that night. So, I went into a small club in Soho. I got sorta drunk, met Emily, got even drunker with her, and kind of had a one night stand."

Sisky opened his mouth to interrupt, but William raised a hand to stop him.

"She had no idea who I was. She doesn't even like the kind of music we make."

"You mean pansy music?" I cut in with a smirk on my face.

William rolled his eyes and glared at me. I mimed zipping my lips and he continued with the story. "So, we had a one night stand, and I left the next day, expecting never to see her again. In our drunken stupidity, we had forgotten to use a condom and obviously Emily wasn't on any birth control, so she got, um, pregnant. And she tried to get to us because she needed child care money."

I interrupted him, "You see, I'm still in school, and with a baby, I'd have to drop out early to get a job to pay for everything. All I wanted was childcare from William, not even him having an active role in his future child's life. So, I was desperate, and, um, behind all the crazy stuff."

"Wait, I don't get it. Were you the one who went into labor? And how could you have done that and still be pregnant?" Sisky interrupted.

"Empathy belly. That’s what mannequins wear in the maternity section of the department store. They don't make pregnant mannequins. I wore one of those and faked going into labor. Anyways, tonight I finally got to talk to William and he said he'd be there for me and my unborn child. Then I said I wanted to meet his band mates, he gives me a VIP pass for tomorrow's show, and you four come barging in. Present time."

"So then what happened?" The Butcher asked, a smirk on his face.

"What do you mean, then what happened? This is what happened. We're here right now. This is present time." Sisky said, trying to hold in laughter

"Yeah, then what happened?" The Butcher asked again.

"What's going on?" I whispered to William. "Is The Butcher retarded?"

"No, they're quoting TAI TV, which is something we make so fans can stay up to date with the band."

"TAI…?"

"The Academy Is…"

"Oh."

"God, I can't believe you two still remember that." Mike interrupted our whispering.

"Well, this has been nice, but I think it's time for me to go home." I said, smiling at the four guys.

"Okay, I'll drive you home," William said.

"No fucking! She's already pregnant!" Sisky called after us.

William just flipped him off and closed the door. He led me to a small gray car and opened the passenger's side for me. I rolled my eyes and got in. "I'm pregnant. Not made of glass William." I told him, a smile on my face. Secretly, I loved it. Damien never did anything nice for me. Ever.

The ride home was pretty much silent except for me giving William directions. When I got out of the car, he walked me to my apartment.

"William. We weren't even on a date." I said as he walked besides me to my apartment door.

"Yeah, but since you're my girlfriend, I get to walk you to your door. It's in the rules."

"What rules?"

"The official unwritten boyfriend rules," he said, stopping when I stopped. I pulled my keys out of my pocket. "It also says that I should kiss you at the door, but only after the first kiss or she shows interest, but our first 'date' if you will, was kind of screwy, so…"

I shut him up with a kiss. Good Lord that boy talks enough for two people when he's nervous.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. I heard the apartment door open and I ignored it until my mother's voice broke me out of my trance.

"Emily Jacinta de Lima! You skank! You're pregnant with Damien's baby and you're kissing this boy!"

We quickly broke apart. "Um, mom, the thing is, I didn't exactly tell you who the father was. This is the father. His name is William Beckett." I didn't bother mentioning he was famous and my mom wouldn't make the connection between his name and fame. I don't even know what the hell music she listened to.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. de Lima," William said, quite politely I might add.

My mum, being the overprotective person she is, did not melt under his adorable gaze. "Who do you think you are impregnating my daughter and leaving her to deal with it herself for four months?"

"Um, well, I never expected Emily to get pregnant, and-" He started to explain, but I cut him off.

"Mum, you're lucky I even found him. It was a one night stand, and don't even tell me you've never had one of those because I know you have. And William's been nice enough to not only send child support but choose to be active in his child's upbringing."

My mother continued to glare at William for a few more moments. "He'll do, I suppose. Better than that good-for-nothing Damien. He's far too skinny though," she said, turning on her heel and walking into the apartment.

"I think she likes you. I'll see you tomorrow," I whispered, kissing him on the cheek and following my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHORING TIME!

This story is awesome.
http://www.mibba.com/story/-awakeandunafraid/Only-As-Bright-As-You-Wanted-Me-To-Be/

Basically all of her stories are genius. I particularly like Tired Boys and Wired Eyes, She Had The World, and Fast Times at Barrington High
http://member.mibba.com/35489/

This high school era TAI story is good too.
http://www.mibba.com/story/iheartSiskyBusiness/The-Phrase-That-Pays

Alright, now in your excitement to check out these great authors/stories, don't forget to comment this story. Or, possibly, you could whore it around, for which I'd be forever grateful.
=]

Don't think I don't see you seven or more lurkers. I want you to comment this story, even if it's just 'good chapter'. Heck, I'll accept 'crappy chapter, are you on crack?' But don't comment like that if you're not going to give me some feedback. What didn't you like about it? Why? and for those who comment like 'good update', what did you like particularly? I thrive on details man!

the never satisfied,
reinventxlove