Status: finished

Some People Have It and Other People Don't

I've Seen Marriages Fall To Pieces

After school the next day I went straight home. There wasn't anything interesting happening and I wasn't going to risk getting caught and re-grounded longer for nothing important.

I sat on my bed longing for something to do. My thoughts turned to William. God why did I constantly think about it? I needed to stop that. We were nothing.

I went onto iTunes and bought Santi because I just wanted to see how good these guys were.

I guess they were pretty good. I never listened to alternative music so I had nothing to base them off of. It was different from the heavy hardcore stuff. And not just the obvious singing/music. The meanings of the songs were different too.

I sat down at my desk and started my Physics homework. Professor Frank would probably drop down dead if I actually finished this report. Well that would be a good thing wouldn't it?

I hadn't paid attention in class that day-no surprise there-and looked at the paper with confusion. The prompt had something to do with hard algebra. Ugh we'd had two weeks to do this, but I'd procrastinated till the night before.

I went onto my laptop to ask Claire if she understood this. She IMed me first, asking me if I knew. I ended up signing off right away. If my mom walked in and saw me on AIM she would flip.

Well I hadn't talked to her in two days, things were still quite heated between us.

Idiot me I forget I could just look up this Physics crap on the internet. So I did and only partially understood but managed to finish the report before midnight. Eh it would get me a C+ if I was lucky.

The week went by pretty fast, and it was only week one of my month long grounding.

A lot of times I just found myself, noise canceling headphones on, listening to The Academy Is... while staring at my gorgeous white ceiling.

It was times like these that I thought of my dad. All alone in my room with nothing to do...

My dad had been like everything to me. My mom never really did deserve him, but hey I didn't complain. I wouldn't be there if it weren't for them together.

I was thinking about my dad for about an hour, thinking about the plane crash. He'd always been a good pilot, he just wanted to get home for the birth of his daughter, my step-sister. But he never made it...

I heard a knock at my door and pulled the buds out of my ears.

My eleven year old sis Kiera walked in.

"Hey hun," I sat up and she walked over to my bed.

"Mom wants to know if you mind going over to Felicia's," she frowned. She never did like Felicia, my dad's second wife with the little baby girl. "She said you didn't really have a choice actually and that you're coming."

"Play with Ella and don't let Felicia get to you," I explained, looking her in the eye. She looked like mom, almost like there was no Brazilian in her.

"Ella's a baby."

"She's almost two," I smiled and hugged my little sis. "It'll be okay hun. Remember how bad mom felt when her and daddy split up?"

Kiera nodded.

"Well that's how Felicia is feeling too," I explained. "And Ella never even had a daddy. You should be glad that you remember him."

"I still don't wanna go over there," she sighed.

"Well I'll be with you, don't worry."

You know I was really surprised by how well Felicia and my mom got along. I mean you'd think they'd be enemies. Maybe since my dad died they just let it all go.

Me and Kiera left them in the living room while I went into little Ella's room. She was a pretty baby, and reminded me of my dad. Even laughed like him too...

I picked her up in my arms. God she was heavy. I could never imagine having a baby sister, or a kid for that matter. Back when Kiera was born I was ten and I did take care of her a lot but jeez I didn't know how I did it.

Luckily after bouncing her around for a bit Ella got pretty tired and I placed her in her crib for a nap.

I went out into the living room and dragged Kiera along.

"Oh Emily we were just talking about you," Felicia smiled. Well I thought she was pretty nice. And damn did she cook well. She was Italian, and really pretty too, but like ten years younger than mom and that's partly why mom hadn't liked her from the beginning.

"Really?" I sat down and pulled Kiera down to sit next to me. I wasn't sure if this was good or bad.

"Yes about how your grades are really improving," Felicia smiled again.

"They are...?" I shot a glance at my mom.

"All your teachers have been calling me saying how your grades are rising. It does pay to do your homework," my mom smiled. What was with all this smiling? And for me too! "Professor Frank called to say you got an A on your last report."

Dayyumm bitch! Maybe getting grounded and actually doing my homework was a good thing.

And I needed to start concentrating on my grades. This year was almost over, and then I would have only one year of school left. If I shaped up a bit, got good grades and didn't do anything wrong, then I might get a decent job.

Maybe I would try...

Listen to me, Emily de Lima actually trying in school? Psh, yeah right.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments+subscriptions=love
-xmrsxbillxkaulitzx