Status: finished

Some People Have It and Other People Don't

Wake Up Think Fast, Three Weeks Have Passed

A few weeks later, all hell broke loose. My breasts started feeling heavier, I was tired more often, and I got wicked headaches. I thought it was because of impending exams and PMS but then I started getting sick. Now I could blame it on getting sick, but it was too coincidental. I could believe two, but not three.

On Friday, in Physics, Claire asked if I wanted to go clubbing again.

"Claire, I need to tell you something important," I muttered under my breath.

"Hmm?" She asked, not really paying attention.

"I think I'm pregnant."

That got her attention. "Excuse me?"

"I said I think I'm pregnant."

"Why?"

"Cause I fucked-"

"No," She said, cutting me off, "Why do you think you're pregnant? I got the talk a decade ago smartass."

"Well, I'm tired a lot and I have horrible headaches all the time."

"Exams are coming up soon. It's the stress."

"My boobs feel really heavy."

"PMS."

"My period was supposed to come a couple days ago."

"Stress again."

"I'm throwing up all the time."

"You're sick. Go to the doctor."

I glared at her. "I'm taking a pregnancy test."

"Whatever. You're not pregnant."

I rolled my eyes and glared at my watch, wishing it would go faster.

It seemed like ages, but the class was finally let out. I left campus and went to the closest pharmacy.

I picked up some pregnancy test, paid for it, and headed home. I was drinking Peach Iced Tea when there was a knock on the door.

I answered it and Claire was standing there.

"Fine, come in." I said, rolling my eyes.

Luckily my mom wasn't home, so we didn't have to smuggle the pregnancy test to my room. And Kiera was on the computer, which is all she did, ever. That was like her life or something.

I went into the bathroom I shared with Kiera and locked the door. I opened the package, grabbed a test and pulled it out.

I glared at the piss stick in my hand. "You little bastard better be negative." I told it.

I held it under my urine stream as I went. That sounds disgusting, but there's no way to sugarcoat it.

I laid the test on the counter, flushed the toilet and washed my hands. I unlocked the door and the second I did, Claire barged in.

"What does it say?" She asked, picking it up.

"I don't know, it needs to ferment." I replied, rolling my eyes.

We waited about three minutes for it to show.

"Positive."

"Nuh-uh."

"What do you mean 'nuh-uh'? There's a pink cross!"

"It looks like a purple division sign to me." Claire said, ever the optimist.

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on my forehead. "Shit Claire, I'll do it again. Just don't make me drink that nasty blue shit.

Whenever one of our friends thought they were pregnant, Claire made them drink blue Gatorade mixed with some other nasty ingredient. She was convinced it made you have to pee faster and even more, prove you weren't pregnant.

"Do you want to be pregnant?"

"I'd rather be pregnant than drink that shit."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Fine whatever."

I continued drinking copious amounts of liquid and a few hours later I had to go again. I glared at the pee stick, muttering "Negative, negative, negative" under my breath. Soon the image started appearing.

"Ah, the little pink cross of death," Claire said, peeking over my shoulder and nearly scaring the shit out of me. She shook her head unsympathetically. "You should've drunk the 'nasty blue shit'," she said, using air quotes around 'nasty blue shit'. "But wait! You'd rather be pregnant. Well congratulations, cause you are."

I chucked the finger at her and she got the hint to leave. I closed the toilet seat, sat on it, and buried my head in my hands. "Fuck. I'm pregnant. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck."

Just then Kiera walked in the bathroom. "What's going on Em? I heard Claire storm out of here."

I grabbed the pregnancy tests, but not before she saw them. Her eyes widened.

"Emily, are you pregnant?"

"Um, no." I said, my eyes widening.

"But those pregnancy tests just had plus signs on them! I'm not stupid you know." She said, putting a hand on her hip.

I sighed. "Okay, yes, I'm pregnant. But we're gonna keep it a secret from Mom and Felicia, okay?"

She stuck out her palm and looked at me meaningfully. Damn, do all kids want money now?

I slapped a twenty on her palm. She mimed zipping her lips and throwing away the key and left.

I dropped the tests in the trash and returned my head to my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, last one of my updates until next Saturday. In the next week there's probably gonna be one more, but that's it.
comments+subscriptions=love
love=quicker updates (as soon as we can get them out due working around vacations and stuff like that)
-reinventxlove