Status: finished

Some People Have It and Other People Don't

So Take A Chance And Make It Big

"Oh my God Claire, what am I going to do? What am I going to fucking do?" I asked, pacing in front of my best friend's bed, where she was calmly filing her nails.

"Relax. Are you sure it's even Bill's? It could be Damien's."

"No. It's not Damien's. I haven't slept with him since February. Plus, we always use condoms."

"Have you seen other dicks?"

"No! Trust me, it's Beckett's."

"Send him a letter."

I stopped pacing. "What?"

"You know, like fan mail."

I scoffed. Do you actually think they read that? And even if they did, are they gonna believe one that says 'Dear Bill Becket, I'm having your baby. Please send child care checks every month. Love, Emily de Lima'." When Claire was silent, I said, "I didn't think so."

"Shut up for a second, I have an idea." She got off of her bed and went to her computer. She opened the internet and in a few seconds had a list on her screen. "Okay, here are their tour dates. We need to go to as many as possible."

"I can't miss school."

Claire looked at me and laughed. "I never thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth."

"Claire, I'm having a fucking baby. If this thing doesn't work, then I'm going to need to get a decent job so I can support it."

She sobered at that. "Okay. We'll go to all of the ones in the northeast. We might miss some school, but it's better than missing for all of the dates."

"Okay," I agreed. Our gaze met and I knew that if we found William, and convinced him or not, she was going to be with me every step of the way.

We didn't tell our parents what we were going to do. If all went well, they would never find out.

The first try was so disastrous, it was almost funny. We were caught sneaking into their dressing room and were kicked out of the venue.

The next couple tries were equally as disastrous. We tried waiting for them to come out from backstage. We waited until 1 AM but they didn't show. Another show, we held up a sign reading "William! I actually am having your babies! It's Emily fucking de Lima!"

The sign got a few stares, but if William noticed, he didn't show it.

One day, as we were getting ready for yet another concert, Claire pulled something out of her bag.

"What the hell is that?" I asked, looking at it. It was a flesh colored lump with straps hanging from it.

"It's an empathy belly."

"How? Why?"

"I stole it?"

"What? You stole it? Where?"

"The mall, in the maternity section."

"Why?"

"It's all part of my grand scheme. You know the phrase 'Never mess with a pregnant woman'?"

"Yeah…" I said, not sure where this was going.

"Well, you're pregnant, you just need to look it. So…" She said, strapping the empathy belly on me and pulling my shirt over it. "Viola! You're pregnant."

"And you're crazy." I replied.

"C'mon, it's worth a try."

"Fine."

I wore the stupid belly and it actually worked…sort of. We bullied the venue people into getting in early. As we were walking to the backstage area, Claire said, "If I elbow you, scream and go along with what I say."

I nodded and we walked up to the security guards.

"You girls have Meet and Greet or a pass?" One security guard asked.

"We have meet and greet but we forgot our emails at home," Claire lied, batting her eyelashes. "Can we go in anyway?"

"Sorry, no pass or email, no entrance."

"But my friend here is pregnant and she really wanted to meet William."

The guard just repeated "No pas or email, no entrance."

Claire elbowed me discreetly and I let out an ear piercing shriek.

"Oh my God, I think she's going into labor!"

"Holy God, we need to get her to the hospital!" The security guard said, pulling out his cell phone.

"What are you doing?" Claire asked, eyeing the phone.

"Calling the hospital to get an ambulance."

"Uh, it's okay, there's a hospital down the street. I think she can make it." Claire said nervously.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Goodbye!"

We exited the venue and I pulled off the empathy belly. "Nice one, Sherlock. Where'd you get that one?"

"I think it was a TV show."

I rolled my eyes and threw the empathy belly in the trash.

There were only two dates left in the northeast and both of them were in New York City. By then, we were getting desperate.

For the second to last show, Claire and I discussed possible schemes. She was putting on make up and I was making faces at my stomach, which at four months pregnant, was starting to show.

"Okay, I got one. You seduce on of the band members and under the pretense of putting your number in their phone, snag William's number."

"Hey that could work…" Claire said, nodding. The egotistical girl was that sure she could seduce a celebrity.

While being jostled in the mosh pit, I escaped to go to the bathroom. Stupid baby made me have to pee every ten seconds.

Returning from the bathroom, I saw Claire crowd surf to the barrier as if she needed to get out of the pit. Instead of walking out however, she tried to climb onstage. Unfortunately for her, security grabbed her.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I asked her when she found me.

She shrugged and I sighed.

Halfway through their last song, we went over to the security guards blocking the backstage area.

"Okay, I know I don't have a pass and I know the 'no pass, no entrance' rule, but I really need to talk to William Beckett. We slept together four months ago and now I'm knocked up." I pulled up my loose flowing top and showed him my baby bump. "You can't fake a bump like this." I let my shirt fall down to its original position. "Please, he doesn't even have to talk to me. Just bring him out here for five seconds and see if he recognizes me." I started crying at the end.

Unnerved by the sight of tears, one security guard left. We waited a few minutes and he returned with William Beckett in tow. William saw me, caught my eye and his jaw dropped.

WILLIAM'S POV
[if you-are-my-antidrugx is reading this, I get his POV too! xD]

The northeast was weird. It wasn't always that way, but during our new tour, weird stuff happened in the northeast. And just at our concerts.

It didn't start out overly weird. Security caught girls sneaking into our dressing room. Girls stayed in the venue after the concert hoping we'd come out. (We normally would, but we had to drive from Philidelphia to Boston in a day.) There were signs held up with the words "William Beckett" and "babies". (I didn't see the rest, the sweeping light went too fast)

Then came the weird things. The date before today's, the security guards were laughing about a pregnant girl who wanted to meet me and went into labor when Ed said "No pass, no entrance." And today a girl faked fainting to get at one of us. She crowd surfed to the barrier and tried to climb on stage. But that happens more often than you'd think.

I was ready to drink a nice cup of tea to soothe my vocal chords when I got off the stage. Tour was almost over and then we'd be off to Asia/Oceania.

My thoughts bounced around in my head and suddenly I was asking myself "I wonder what Emily's doing?" I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I hadn't seen her since the one night stand. My more emotional side told me to take a phone book and look up 'de Lima' or go to the club in Soho in hopes that she'd be there. My more practical side told me it was a one night stand for a reason, and it wouldn't work out, not with touring or being famous. Not for the first time, I wished I was a normal guy. But then I'd be in Chicago and she'd be in Brooklyn, so we probably never would've met. So maybe it was better that I was famous. I shook my head more forcefully and went to hunt down some chamomile tea.

"Hey, um, Bill? Can you come here for a second?" Ed, one of the security guards, asked. I clenched my teeth, but smiled nevertheless. "Sure Ed. What is it?" I asked, sighing.

"A girl here. Said you slept with her four months ago and that you'll recognize her. Said you don't have to talk to her if you don't want to."

I followed him to the public area of the venue, thinking of the girls I slept with four months ago. There was Emily de Lima and no one after her. How about before? No, the last person I slept with before her was six months ago. It couldn't be her though. She lived in Brooklyn and we were in…well damn, we were in New York City.

I saw the girl and it did look like Emily until our eyes met. Now I was 100% certain it was Emily. I'd know those eyes anywhere. My mouth dropped open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, if you're nice to Logan, she'll get an update out before next week cause I'm gonna be at camp.
Sorry for the sucky title, Logan's asleep and she usually comes up with them.
Not much else to say except "comment you lurkers!"
-reinventxlove