Counting Your Face Among the Living

The Same Old Song

Frankie's POV

After about an hour of trying to convince myself that he didn't hear it I walked out of the apartment complex to go to a park across the street. The only good thing about being here instead of New Jersey was the crime rate was a lot lower. That meant I could go in the park without looking in both directions at all times, and I could go alone to clear my head. I sat against a tree and closed my eyes. The air was cold and it looked like in a matter of minutes it would be raining.

I opened my eyes to see Ellie, Laural, and a guy sitting on a bench a few yards away from me. It would have been hard to tell if I didn't spot out Ellie's red hair, and the glare from Laural's glasses. I started to walk home. The park wasn't doing anything to help me clear my head. Not when Ellie's loud laugh going through my head every few minutes. She had a loud voice!

I passed them and noticed that the boy looked a lot like Gerard except his hair was less greasy, and he was bone skinny. He waved as I walked by. I just nodded and kept going straight. I heard Laural sigh as I passed by. I haven't known her for more than an hour and she is already getting on my nerves. The sigh might not have been directed towards me but it was still annoying.

"Frank, wanna hang out with us?" I heard Ellie scream, though she probably only had to whisper it and I would have heard her.

"No thanks, I have to go call someone." I screamed as I looked towards her.

"Who? Your boyfriend?" Laural said as she busted into laugher.

"You got it!" I smirked as I let the smart ass comment slip out my mouth.

"He's gay!" The boy shrieked. Even the shriek sounds like Gerard. But yet I'd still rather be with the real Gerard any day than the look alike.

"Yep." Ellie said.

I wasn't that far from them so I could still hear them pretty clearly. I heard them start walking towards me. Joy!

"So Frankie, you're gay?" The boy said as he walked next to me. I wish he wouldn't call me Frankie. The only people to call me that were My actual friends, their mothers, and my mom. I didn't want a stranger calling me that.

"Uh, yeah I guess you could say that." I said as I stuffed my hands farther down into my jacket pocket.

"Me to!" He shrieked. "My name's Aaron." He said as he jumped in the air. I missed home more now. I missed being in the Way's household, eating skittles, joking around, just being around my friends.

"Cool, I guess." I said. I looked at Laural and Ellie and they both had smirks on their faces. What the hell were they trying to pull off?

"What are you two idiots smirking about?" I asked

"The fact that You like Aaron!" Laural said as she started a laughing fit all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title by: Good Charlotte
Song: Keep Your Hands Off My Girl

1. Comment Please? I wont bug you about ratings anymore because I got some! Thanks to you lovely son of a bob's!
2. As for Tw!sted.L!fe- To Be honest I've never liked anything I've written. I don't ever get much criticism from it, so I don't know if people are holding back on it, or like it, or anything. So I just criticize my own writing to make myself feel better...if that makes sense... And Nope, I don't plan on ending it anytime soon. Not as long as I have nothing better to do, and since I only leave my house once for anything other than school about every other six months I don't see that happening any time soon. =]