Counting Your Face Among the Living

It's All Chemistry of A Car Crash

Frankie's POV

I was sitting in the car going ecstatic because we were going back. I was bouncing up in my seat. I couldn't wait to finally be back, for everything to be back to normal. I could feel the energy go through my veins the minute I woke up this morning. It was a week ago that I was waiting for this moment, the week my mother told me about it, and it was finally happening. I didn't want a minute to spare in that apartment, it had bad memories written all over it.

I had realized that I had only lived in New York for about two weeks, and that was what I kept asking my mom. Why would we have moved for two weeks, then go back? She just kept brushing it off. I had asked her to many times, and all those times I had gotten to many shrugs.

I had said goodbye to Ellie, but no one else. Especially not Aaron. He came to my house crying because his friend from the sixth grade stopped talking to him. I know I've had over dramatic times, but not like that. I know what I had put Mikey through, and even Mikey didn't act like that. I had known Mikey a lot longer than Aaron knew the guy he was crying over. And yet, Mikey didn't go crying to Gee...I would rather of had him do that than try to kill himself though. Aaron needs to get a some help though, and I'm not the only one who thinks it either. Ellie agrees.

Ellie said she was going to call me. How the hell did she get my number? I don't know anyone who had it in New York. I also know she didn't know anyone who had it in Jersey. Either she's not weird, just Clever, or she is a stalker. I hate to admit it, but I will miss those three. It won't be anything like me missing Mikey. It will be more like a minor miss, but with Mikey it was like a burning feeling strike through my heart whenever I thought of him. I will miss Laural's stories about how she wishes she could stab the three year old next door to her. I'll miss Aaron's over dramatic stories on how he messed up his eyeliner three times that morning. I think I took their annoyances for granted. Kind of like I did with Mikey...

Even though I would miss the three, I'm glad that I'm going back home. I miss Mikey, Gee, and Ray more than I could ever miss them. The days of eating skittles in Mikey's room while the four of us would watch a movie. I would look over at Mikey to see his eyes glued to the TV, and notice that Gee would catch me. I missed those days, and maybe I could get them back. It would never be the exact same thing, being as I had brutally hurt Gee and Mikey's lives because of what I did.

I had gotten so lost in my train of thoughts I hadn't noticed that it was reaching dark. I could see the moon, the stars, and the city lights beckoning from behind the trees. We were so close I could almost taste it. It was a sweet taste, similar to the taste of blood on my tongue. My mom caught a green light and as we went through a black car collided with my side of the car.

The last feeling I had was the feeling of my ribs aching, and blood creeping out my sides.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title by: Shiny Toy Guns
Song: Chemistry of A Car Crash

1. Ello!! Please Comment until your fingers are numb! It would make me happy, like it makes me happy to not wake up until 3 in the afternoon.
2. I'm running low on song titles again, so I have to get new ones...So basically I put together the ones I had to make this whole story with them. That's how I scrambled together this!...I would say something bad about the story right about now. But I can't....
3. I was going to use Le Disko for the lyrics...but I used this song instead because I couldn't find a story within the lines of Le Disko. Other than "Hello Little Boys Little Toys" and "Razor Sharp, Razor Clean"....and for a Gee POV- "I'm gonna melt the fever, sugar."..but I liked this one.
-xoxo.a.