Counting Your Face Among the Living

The Hardest Part of This...is Leaving You

Mikey's POV

I looked at the dirt as Frankie cried on my shoulder, as we looked at his mothers grave site. Today was the day that he had to say goodbye to his mother. Her body would rest in piece six feet under the rest of us. The hardest part for Frankie was the fact that his mother had cancer with better chances of survival than he did, but yet he managed to live, and she passed on. I remember her watching videos in the hospital. Videos of Frankie, and her. Some of them would be Frankie and his dad. She seemed so happy, even though she was in so much pain. At least She got to see Frankie before she died.

Frankie told me that he wanted to be alone, so I left him at his house. I went to my house to see Gee in his formal attire, sitting on the couch. A blank expression on his face, and my mother next to him. They both looked as if they were the dead corpses today. I sat next to Gerard, and noticed that the TV was black. They were just sitting there, doing nothing. If I didn't hear Gee breathing, and my mother sneeze, it would have looked as if they were dead.

After about an hour of sitting in the dead silence, except for the buzzing that the silence brings, I got up. I was sick of the dread in the day. Today was the most miserable day I've ever witnessed. It was harder than I thought it would be, when I first found out that his mother's heart was no longer beating. Frankie's face was smudged in eyeliner, his tissue was drenched in salty tears, and it was sadder to see his mother's black casket go into the ground with tons of white roses on the top. Except for one red rose, that Frankie had placed on top of them all before the casket entered the ground.

I went to Frankie's house, and upon entering I notice a small note on the door. There were a few tear drops on it, and the black ink was smeared, but still readable. I looked at it before letting my face fall.

Mikey,

Mikey, we've been through a lot. I know I've put you through hell, but even though I have done that, I still love you. But I can't stay here anymore, not in Jersey. I can't face my father, and I'm so much of a pansy to do anything else. I'm sorry Mikey, but I won't be coming back.

Frankie.

I felt a few tears fall from my eyes. It was a short note, but it explained everything I needed to know. He wasn't coming back. I walked into his yard, before feeling rain splatter on my face. I looked up to see the noticeably black clouds. In the distance I could hear thunder. I walked. I didn't walk home, I didn't walk to Ray's, nor did I walk to the new boys house which I still have yet to meet. I just walked. Before long I found myself at the bookstore where I worked. I went inside, feeling the rush of cold air hit my skin. I shivered before walking into the store, ridding of my coat.

I walked to the back section before noticing a book titled Ecstasy : Three Tales of Chemical Romance.
♠ ♠ ♠
-xoxo.a.