Counting Your Face Among the Living

You Can Blame Me For Everything

Mikey's POV

I woke up to see Gerard pushing my arm to wake me up. I looked at the clock to see 6:14. I guess the nurse was right about him coming in around six. I got up as Gerard started pulling me to get up. He handed me my clothes and pointed me towards the bathroom as he sat down. I hated the thought of my bare feet touching these hospital floors. I wasn't one to go around hospitals and walk barefoot.

When I finished putting on the clothes that Gee had brought me I walked out of the bathroom. Reason being he had to bring me some were because the ones that I was brought here in were covered in dry blood. Looks like I'll need a new Radio Head shirt. Passing the idea of that I walked over towards Gerard to see him half asleep in the chair.

"Gee, you could have come later." Just looking at him made my guilt rise up. I had caused him to be this tired.

"Come on Mikes, lets go. I already signed you out, the nurses came in while you were asleep and took out the IV and everything else. Oh , you need to take these twice a day." As he spoke he handed me an orange bottle full of white tablets.

"What are they?" I questioned as I inspected the bottle.

"Painkillers, or something like that. I didn't pay attention to what the nurse was telling me, other than for you to take them twice a day. She said take one when you wake up, and take the last one right before you go to bed." He stated as he grabbed the bottle to look at the name of the pills.

"Ultram." Gee said proudly like a child reading their first words from a fictional book.

"Yeah Gee, Ultram!" I mocked as he turned around and let out a smile before pushing the button for the elevator.

"Mikes, I didn't tell mom or dad. Their still going by their theory. Ray and Matt stayed at our house so if the hospital called they could answer instead of the hospital calling back later when mom and dad were at home. Try not to let my hard work go to waste." He said as he put his arm around my shoulders. before we walked out of the elevator.

"Why didn't you just tell them?" I've never seen someone go through so much trouble just to get their brother out of trouble. Wouldn't most kids kill for an opportunity like this?

"Why did you do it?" He said while giving me a slight shove. I guess to get my answer he would have to get his answer.

"Gee, I can't explain it. I've done it once, don't make me do it again. Please?" Like before, I still didn't want to repeat what had gone through my head on the days before I committed such a selfish act.

"Fine Mikes, fine. I guess, I didn't want you to get in trouble. Y'know? I know they would be fucking pissed if they found out what you did. Not to mention, unlike me, they would pester you for an answer on why you did it." He said as he shrugged.

We finally got out of the hospital and into the car. It was a silent ride with only Black Flag playing from the stereo. When we got home I noticed no one was home. I looked at the clock. It was about to be 7:12. That would mean that since it was a Wednesday, my mother and father would be home at around 6:30. They usually would get home earlier than that, but Wednesdays were different. Since my mother got off earlier on days like today she would go with her girlfriends to wherever until our father got off and picked her up.

Gerard and I just sat on the couch for hours upon hours until the door swung open and then slammed shut. I looked at the clock on the wall before turning to see who it was. The time said 2:16, and yet it was our mother standing there with a mad expression with our father standing in the same position next to her. I knew what was next.

"Gerard go to your room please." My father said as he pointed towards Gee's room as my mother walked over towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title By: The Almost
Song: Southern Weather

1. Please comment&rate- By the way Frank Yeah with the new subscribers! I got 4 in one night...Not a lot, but hell it's something.
2. Unfortunately all my Nos is gone, so I probably wont be doing a lot of chapters in a night....The last chapter before this one was a filler to let you know he was going home, it wasn't an important chapter, just more of a filler.
3. After these two chapters I need to find a few more chapter titles, so Tonight I'll probably have more chapters because I wont be sketchy about using up all my titles.
xoxo-Alicia