Status: Completed. Make sure to move onto the sequel next :)

Suffer All The Children

Alternate Ending

“Mikey… please…” the words were muffled under his hand, but moderately clear nonetheless. He felt warm tears on the fingers that were pressed against his brother’s lips. He could hear Gerard sob behind them. “Lemme go Mikey… call the pla-lease. Sen me ta jail.”

Frank shifted forward toward the pair, “Mikey… he’s right just think about it…”

“Hm-mp,” Mikey shook his head and chuckled. Send him to jail. He wouldn’t suffer in jail. He pressed his hand more tightly over Gerard’s mouth then twisted the blade. His lips curled at the noise of it. He could hear skin rip, maybe a vein pop. He could feel his brother’s pulse pump hard as he pressed in further. His muscles twitched as warm blood spurted his cheek. He exerted more pressure, driving the blade into his brother’s neck. Then Gerard’s legs gave out and Mikey extracted the blade.

Mikey let the body fall to his feet as he used the sharpest side to slice the thread from between his own lips. The blood on the edge was still warm when he cut it. He could taste it as he parted his lips to take a sharp breath in. “God that was good…” His eyes moved to Frank, who cowered back against the chair he was still in, and narrowed. A low growl accompanied his words, “And you… you fucking whore.”

“I was trying to distract him…” Frank sniffled and shivered back a bit against the chair, fresh tears scaled his face. “I figured you’d leave. I didn’t want him to—“ Mikey brought the back of his hand across the boy’s face and Frank ceased after a small yelp.

“I loved you.” He could feel loose threads tickle his lips as he talked. The needle prodded him from inside his cheek with each word. “You wanted to distract him? Start screaming, call the police…”

“I wasn’t thinking, baby—ugh, I’m sorry!”

“Just shut up and look at me.” Mikey gripped his chin, squeezing it hard, tilting it up. His eyes made contact with Frank’s and narrowed, his chest heaved as he watched the boy shudder, “You don’t look at anyone else, you don’t touch anyone else, and you sure as hell don’t speak to anyone else that way. Now come here.” He gripped Frank’s hair and pulled him up.

Stepping around his brother’s body, he took him to the bed and opened the drawer that he himself had spent the night in and positioned him in, then reached up to the side table where he had found his weapon, taking the duct tape and ripping off a piece, sealing Frank’s mouth closed. The boy seemed too tired to make much noise, he was close to being out from the pills, but the look seemed right. Mikey bit his lip, and moved a finger down his chest as he watched him. Frank’s eyes simply followed him lazily, his head lulling to the side a bit.

“Now I’m going to pack. Sit here and look pretty til I get back.” Frank watched up at him, his eyelids sinking, his chin lifted toward the boy, “and don’t mind Gerard over there, we’ll be gone before he starts to smell.”

Mikey pulled a few stray threads from his mouth with his free hand, then pulled the string that was still connected to the needle extracted it from his cheek, throwing it in the direction of his brother. “Fuck…” he flexed his mouth to sooth the pain, then pushed the drawer closed, standing and stretching to relieve the tension from sitting still so long, then moved to where his brother’s body lay on the floor.

His eyes were half open and his face was contorted in pain. “Mi-Mikey,” he pleaded, attempting to reach his arm up for the boy to help. However, Mikey just laughed. Help Gerard? Hardly. This was just proof that he was pathetic. This was proof that he didn’t deserve Mikey’s servitude any longer. The younger Way did kneel down, however, but ignored his brother’s pleas.

Instead, he extracted a cellphone from Gerard’s jacket and pocketed it. "Just so you don't get me caught..." Smirking a bit at the shock on his brother’s face. “Don’t worry. I’ll call someone for you before I go.” He stood and made to turn away, then thought better of it, turning and placing a well-aimed kick into his brother’s abdomen. “Fucking pathetic,” he seethed as he watched Gerard's eyes fill with tears. He then moved his attention to the drawer that he had closed the boy in.

“You know what’s funny, Frank?” He yawned and shook his head, watching the silent houses across the street. “He’d threatened to kill me almost daily for a while there. Kind of ironic, isn’t it? But I think I like him this way.” He sighed again, taking another glance to the floor where Gerard lay, groaning in pain, probably wavering in and out of consciousness. Mikey shook his head. “Anyway, I’ll be back soon,” he promised as he headed toward the door. “Until then, well,” his fingers fitted themselves around the doorknob, his eyes moved to the drawer under the bed, and he gave the first command in his new role, “Just sleep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Original ending can be found here.

And the sequel can be found here