S'Agapo

School

It was thunder storming outside. I set up dinner on the coffee table and Apollo sat across from me. Just as we began to eat, the lights went out. Apollo immediately started to rant.

"Oh, father, why have you forsaken us this glorious light which-"

"Shut up before I pound your face in. It's just a thunderstorm. The lights went out. Happens all the time."

I grabbed a candle and a match from the side table and lit it. Setting it in the center of the table, I sat down on the rug and started to eat. After a few minutes, I realized Apollo wasn't.

"What is it?"

He smiled. "How romantic."

I raised my eyebrow. He nodded towards the candle.

"A candle-lit dinner. How romantic."

He moved his hand to touch mine and I took the moment to steal his food. I stood up, deftly walked to the kitchen and shoved it down the garbage disposal. As the blades whirred Apollo whined and protested. I went back to my seat and finished my dinner.

"Just try that again, buddy."

- - -

I stared at the walls in my room. "School, school, school."

I sighed and waited until I wasn't drowsy anymore. Then, I sat up and walked into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. After I spat out the toothpaste and drenched my face in ice-cold water, I realized that the shower behind me was running. I looked into the mirror, and saw...Apollo's ass. I went rigid and walked out. When I got to my room, I changed and started slamming my head against the wall.

"Release-me-from-your-grasp-satanic-image-of-ghastly-horrors!"

I slammed my head against the wall until I was no longer thinking of what I saw, but wondering how many brain cells I had just lost. Then I ran downstairs and quickly set up lunches for Apollo and myself. Hey, I have to feed us, who else is going to? Last time I let him near the stove he nearly blew up the house.

I didn't tell you about that because it was just too traumatic...ugh...maybe...maybe some other time...

He came downstairs a few minutes later, wearing torn jeans and a flannel shirt. I stared at him for a moment.

"What? You think I look hot?"

Apollo smirked. I shoved his lunch into his gut and muttered, "No, I was just surprised that you actually know how to look normal, you narcissistic pig."

"Hey! I'm not fat!"

I stuck my tongue, but my back was turned to him, so he didn't see.

"Let's go."

I grabbed my folder and shoved a pen in my pocket.

"We have to get to school before we're late."

We stepped outside and I locked the door. A car honked.

"Hey, sexy! Getcher ass in mah car!"

Apollo waved bye and walked down the path to the Jeep in the street. I turned to see Cathy stick her head out the window and pull Apollo down for way too much suck-face.

I thought he was dating Cindy. What the heck? I decided not to question it.

I felt my breakfast rise to my throat and I barely stopped myself from jumping into my car. I waited until they had turned the corner before I pulled the scissors from the passenger side. I always have one pair just in case I need to cut something...hair, string, CD wrappers, people. I glanced into the side mirror and shook open my hair.

"I was going to do this on the ride home, but I guess I might as well do it while I still have the guts to." I muttered to myself, before sizing up my hair and cutting it off at my collarbone.

I flinched when I felt the weight lessen and stared at the sixteen inches of curly chocolate in my hands. Before I could start tearing up, I shoved it into the glove compartment and shook out my hair. It bounced wildly.

I threw the ponytail holder in the back seat, seeing as my hair wouldn't hold in it and shoved some clips in my hair so it wouldn't get in my face. Then, I set off for school.

I parked in the senior parking lot and walked into the school, making sure to glare coldly at anyone who came up to me or glanced at me. When I reached my locker I snapped on my lock and went to my first period class. During lunch, I sat down in the first table, closest to the window and opened my lunch. Halfway through the period, I conveniently noticed that Apollo hadn't even touched the lunch I had so meticulously (he was so freaking picky!) made for him. Instead, he was eating Cathy's face.

'Guh. What is with his hormones?! A god that age shouldn't be that hormonal, should he?'

I glared at my table, realizing that he hadn't even eaten breakfast. Or dinner last night. Oops.

'Wait a minute! Why should I care whether he eats or not? It's his fault for being such a pig!' I harrumphed and continued eating my sandwich.

- - -

After school I walked to my car to find Apollo leaning against it, eating his girlfriend again. I stood in front of them, glaring daggers until Cathy surfaced and said in the voice that made me wish I had a blade, "Why are you staring at us, you pervert?!"

"You're doing each other on my car, slut. Move or I will hurt you."

Apollo grinned and said, "Aw, she acts like a big dog, but her bite isn't as bad as her bark."

He came up to me and I immediately shoved my fist into his diaphragm. He stumbled back and looked kind of shocked. I sneered.

"You may be living with me, Apollo, but don't act like you know anything about me, because believe me I know things that would make you vomit." I watched Cathy give a rather pathetic glare and run to Apollo's side.

He waited until I got into the car before he said aloud, "You think I don't know all of your secrets? Believe me, I know more than you think I do. I know all about Kevin. How he dumped you right after your parents' homicide-suicide."

I looked out the window and stared at his back. The parking lot had gone quiet. Cathy was looking rather confused.

"You think I care? Really, Apollo, so what if he left me right after that? It only made me stronger. Besides, I was thinking about breaking up with him myself. He just got to it first. Believe me, it was a step in the right direction. "

He looked up and I felt his eyes pierce mine. "Is that why you told him you loved him the day before they died? To hurt him when you broke up with him? I doubt that you're that cruel, Laurel."

I glared, but on the inside, I felt like ice. I had temporarily forgotten that he was a god. Therefore, I had forgotten that he could have done research on me before actually coming to live with me.

I smiled thinly. "Well, maybe I am that sick and twisted, I mean, how would you know? You've only been around for three weeks."

"And yet you seem to think I don't know that you shoved the sixteen inches of hair in your glove compartment because it hurts your heart to look at it. Because Kevin said he loved your hair long. You were going to cut it off after he broke up with you, you just never had the time, is that right?"

"Well at least I'm not burying my true emotions by drowning myself in passionate and never ending suck-face sessions that are not going to end in anything except your girlfriend getting pregnant or cheating on you for need of a more dynamic relationship, which will no doubt set you off in one of your infamous blind rages where you will most likely kill her and her other boyfriend."

It was a deathlike silence.

I turned on my radio and slipped in the HIM CD. With a smile towards Apollo, I said, "See you at home" and drove off.