S'Agapo

Hello Gorgeous

I ran a stop sign and almost landed myself in a car crash on the way home, I was so angry. I screeched into the driveway, flipped the bird to some sons of bitches that were hooting at me and slammed into the house. I dropped my papers on the ground and flicked on the stereo. Slamming open the back door I went outside and started kicking one of the hammock trees and screaming furiously.

"Dammit! Dammit! How did he know all that? I can't believe this! How dare he! How dare he! That stupid little bastard! I hate him! I hate him so much! I don't want him here anymore Zeus! Get rid of him! I'm so sick of this! I won't tolerate him in my house! He's too much to take! Just make him go away! I can't stand him! Damn it!"

I got so furious that I punched the tree and my knuckles started to bleed. I crumpled to the floor and started crying.

"Damn it! How dare he...that stupid little...I can't take him...he's ruining everything...I've been so perfectly fine until he had to show...damn it!" I buried my head in the grass, still cradling my busted hand. "That stupid little..."

After I pulled myself together, I stood up and went into the house. He still wasn't home. The stereo was still blasting. I went to the kitchen and pulled some bandages out of the first-aid kit. I stood there, listening to Frou Frou and thinking.

'I went too far too. When we were fighting I mentioned how he's killed before. Hopefully they didn't hear that. Ugh, I can't believe I feel bad for this! He's the one that started it! Guh, I'm so stupid. He hasn't eaten all day...'

I stood in the kitchen, dancing in place.

The beef stew was simmering and I was almost done grilling the cheese sandwiches. The spring rolls were already on the table.

"And I'm high enough on all this waiting, to ride a wave of your inhaling. And I'm high enough on all this waiting, to ride a wave on your inhaling, cause I love you, oh, can't help but love you, know..."

When I turned around to pull out some bowls, I noticed Apollo standing next to the coffee table. He was looking at the first aid kit and bloody gauze that I had forgotten to throw out. I turned back around and started pouring out the beef stew.

"Because I love you, no, can't help but love you, oh..."

"Is that all you know? You've only been singing the chorus."

"Well, I'm not going to just sit there and struggle to learn the words. But I do know all the words to this one."

I clicked the remote and 'Let Go' came on.I turned back around and set down the grilled cheese sandwiches.I looked down at the newly set table and then went to go pick up the gauze that Apollo was still staring at.

"Apollo, you can eat now, I'll be there in a second."

I glanced up at him, and he looked shocked. I looked at the glass table, and there was blood streaking the surface. I threw out what I was holding and grabbed a wet paper towel. Wiping down the coffee table, I went to wash my hands. When I came out, Apollo was sitting at the table. I sat down too, and started eating.

He wasn't even touching the food.

"Are you going to eat or not?"

"Why is there so much food on my side of the table?"

"What?" I looked up at him. He was looking back and forth between our plates.

"I have two sandwiches, you have one, I have two of these rolls, you only have one, my beef stew is a much larger portion than yours, what the hell?"

"Guh. You haven't eaten in what- a day? I was just thinking that maybe you were starving your ass off. If you don't want any of it, fine. I mean, sucking Cathy's face instead of eating actual food is probably just as nutritious. I'll just throw all this out."

I stood up to take his plates away, but Apollo immediately wrapped his arms protectively around the food.

"N-no! I'm just fine!"

"You sure? Because I could just give it to the homeless shelter."

"No, really, see? I like it!" He started eating. I sat back down and we finished our meal.

"Maybe tomorrow you won't be focusing on simply taking care of your girlfriend. I mean really, you have to freaking feed yourself! I'm not...always going to be here to help you compensate."

"Do you actually care about me?"

"I'm going to sleep."

I stood up and washed the dishes. As I dried them, Apollo handed me his plates. "Thanks."

I grabbed the back of his shirt. "Uh, no way. I made that food for you, the least you could do is wash your own dishes princess," I threw the towel at him and went upstairs, "G'night."

In the morning I woke up to find a note stuck to my forehead. I pulled it off and read it:

'thanks for dinner. You're so cute!'

I crumpled the paper in my fist and shouted, "I'm not cute!"

I heard a thump downstairs and slammed open my door to see Apollo on the floor, Cathy staring at him. I suppressed a small laugh. His head was where his butt should have been, and his legs were dangling at a really weird angle.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

Apollo sat up and rubbed his head. "You yell so loud! I freaked out and fell over."

"What is this?" I showed him the crumpled paper.

"Uh...Wake up call?"

Cathy stared at me. "What does that paper say?"

"Nothing important. Here." I chucked it at her. Again I said, "I'm not cute." I stuck my tongue out and went back to my room to get ready for school. Cathy opened the note and read it. She pursed her lips.

"Dinner? What happened at dinner?"

Apollo stood up. "Hm? Oh, she cooks really well, and I hadn't eaten for about a day so she made a really big dinner. She's such a good cook. I don't think I need to eat for another day, she cooks so great."

"I can cook. And what about this 'you're so cute'?"

"Oh, well, she is. She cares about people and she doesn't let them know, which is actually really cute. But, don't worry. I love you, not her." He smirked and kissed her.

I pulled on my jeans and ran downstairs. Apollo was making out with Cathy, but when he saw me, he broke free and asked, "Did you make lunch?"

"I'm working on it." I muttered, pulling together some food.

At school I resumed my glaring at everything that moved and school went by swiftly. At the end of the day, I was on my way to my jeep when I saw someone I didn't think I'd see for the rest of my life.

Kevin.

And he looked just as gorgeous as when we broke up, if not even gorgeouser.

'Oh shit that's not even a word.'

I gulped and ducked behind some cars until I got to my jeep. I jumped into my car and just as I put my key in the ignition I heard Apollo's voice:

"Oh yeah, Laurel's in her car, see, right there."

I turned to see Kevin turn to start walking towards me.

I pulled out of the lot and drove my ass off. When I got home I ran into the house and pulled my cellphone out of my jeans pocket. It was vibrating and ringing like crazy. I glanced at the i.d.

Kevin. How could I forget to take him off my phone? I threw it on the couch and collapsed on the floor. My heart was racing. How the hell did he get here? Why was he back?

"Oh god, this cannot be good."

My stomach was hurting so badly. It felt like I had a stomach virus. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and closed my eyes tight. Maybe the pain would go away if I just wished it away!

It wasn't working.

I took a deep breath and felt my stomach cramp up. Turning onto my back, I forced myself to stretch out.

"Phew." I sat up. That felt better. Except for the stomachache. I collapsed on the ground again.

"Why does this have to happen to me?"