S'Agapo

Stalker

I woke up, sat up, and stared around me, trying to regain consciousness.

Scratching my head, I glanced at my reflection in the television and wondered what I could do without having to get up off the couch. I glanced at the bright orange cushion and saw a black rectangle.

Bingo.

Flicking on the television, I leaned back and stared as History channel went into detail about Alexander The Great and his many conquests all over Asia.

"Heh."

I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that I was so obsessed with history- especially Greek and Roman history- that I was willing to watch history channel dress up in fake robes and talk as philosophers and historians with fake Grecian accents about something that happened so long ago.

I finally decided that I ought to get up and go eat some food. I glanced at the clock and was pleased to find that it was almost nine p.m.

"Goodie, I slept two hours."

With a dramatic sigh I pulled myself up off the couch and walked into the kitchen. Turning on the stove i filled up a large pot with water and set it to boil.

The next morning I got up out of bed and slid down the stair rail. Glancing at my message machine as I hit the landing, I was surprised to find that I had three messages. I clicked the red button as I set up some cold cereal for breakfast.

"you have three new messages:

beep- "I'm sorry I was unable to-"

I slammed my finger down on the 'next' button.

beep- "Do you feel constant pressure? Do you find yourself constantly rushing to the bathroom? Does it hurt to go when you- beep, " I blushed and clicked the next button, collapsing on the couch with my cereal.

"H...hello? My name is Zeus. Laurel, I will be arriving shortly at your home. Precisely five hours after you receive this message."

The spoon paused halfway to my mouth.

I glanced at the clock on my VCR. Ten a.m. So he'd come by at...three? Wait, what was I doing that for? this was obviously a prank call by some school kid who'd I'd probably angered. Whatever. I continued eating my cereal.

"You may think this a mad message, Laurel, but I will be coming and I expect to see you fresh out of the shower and looking acceptable, like in that children's store you work at. I have a surprise for you, my Grecian child."

Beep.

'you have no more messages.'"

I choked on the oats in my mouth. "Talk about crack pots."

I blinked and stared at the answering machine.

Had I heard that correctly? I replayed the message.

"This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

I glanced at the clock again. Ten-Ten A.M.

"Well, I might as well clean up the house a little."

Four hours later, I stared at my spic-and-span clean home. A satisfied smile graced my lips as I looked around. Of course, it faded when I glanced down at myself.

"Did I clean this house using my body?"

I ran upstairs and glanced at the clock out of habit. Two Thirty.

I stepped out of the bathroom and plumes of steam surrounded my figure, making me look like some goddess coming down from the clouds of Mount Olympus.

I really did watch too much History Channel.

I ran into my room and pulled on light colored jeans and a short sleeve green shirt with my favorite candy apple fake converses. Ah, Payless.

Grabbing my black bag I picked up an orange and a paper towel from the kitchen-it felt like a day to go to the park- and glanced at the clock.

the green lights flashed 2:59.

I stopped and looked around, checking my bag and pocket. Wallet, forgot my wallet.

Something caused unease in my stomach, but I ignored it.

Grabbing my purple wallet off my table, I tucked it into my bag and glanced once more at the clock before opening the door.

"Hello, Laurel."

I jumped and slammed the door shut with a sharp gasp. My eyes grasped for the clock on my VCR.

It's 3:00, teased the green lights.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry-it does start a bit slow, doesn't it? i think I'll put up the first chapter of Charm-Fluctuat Nec Mergitur as well, just in case you want to see my newer work- it has a different format, so i think maybe readers would like that more, eheh.