S'Agapo

Myth-Man

I gasped for breath as the message from this morning flashed through my mind.

'The guy was frickin' serious! What type of crackpot is this guy? What's he want?'

"Is his name really Zeus?"

"Yes, it is Zeus." I cursed my tendency to talk aloud. "If you would be so kind as to open the door my dear, I will explain everything, and perhaps you'll feel less flustered."

My heart jumped out of my throat, and almost without my acceptance, my hands turned the doorknob and the complete stranger entered the room along with a young woman that looked very much like the little girl from the store. I stared at her, and she smiled back, knowingly. She sat down on the couch and crossed her legs. I dropped my bag and wallet on the table near the door and rushed into the kitchen.

"Would you like to drink or eat anything?" Not sure where the hospitality came from, I blinked and watched as Zeus and the woman shared a laugh.

Probably at my expense. How lovely.

The woman glanced at me, and then Zeus and said, "You're right. I think she would be a great match for brother. But do you really think she could handle that idiot? He's much too..."

"She'll be fine," Zeus came up to me and pinched my cheeks clumsily with his large hands. "She has fire in her, as well as Grecian blood. She'll fix that stubborn dolt in no time."

I resisted the urge to slap his hands away. I don't like guys coming near me. Or touching me. A pat on the shoulder freaks me out.

Zeus walked away and said, "Yes, I think I would like some ambrosia."

I blinked. Ambrosia?

"Well I'm fresh out of that."

"Then what is that?" The brunette replied, pointing to my kitchen counter. "See?"

I turned and ta-da! Ambrosia.

"Oh. I don't know how I could have missed that." I grabbed the bowl, set it up in front of Zeus and sat down in my purple armchair.

"So who are you again? And how do we know each other?" I dared ask, crossing my legs and resting my arms on the armrests. I was tense, there was no doubt about it.

"We don't know each other. Rather, we know you, but you don't know us. Not personally at least. I am Artemis, and this is my father Zeus."

I stared at Artemis. "Wow, you guys must really like Greek mythology."

"No, I don't think you understand. We are Greek mythology."

Now it was my turn to laugh. Of course, it came as a short, sharp, nervous snort. "You're funny."

"It's true," She continued, "That little girl you saw at the Disney store? That was me."

Artemis snapped her fingers and became the little girl. I felt as if an electric shock had just run through my body. I stood up, barely aware of the loss of control in my limbs. My brain began processing so many thoughts I didn't know what to do. I turned and went into the kitchen where I pulled out a gallon of ice cream and a spoon. That usually helped calm me down. I returned to the armchair and popped off the cap.

"So, what crap is this? Why are you here to bother me, oh goddess? I haven't evoked your wrath or anything have I? Or are you just trying to turn me insane because you-are-doing-a-very-good-job-of-it!"

My voice squeaked and I immediately scraped out as much as the spoon would allow and began to swallow the ice cream whole. It hurt like hell and I got a brain freeze, but I was too freaked out to care at the moment. Artemis returned to her adult form and glanced nervously at Zeus, who cleared his throat.

"I know this is a lot to swallow. But we must act quickly. Perhaps you've heard of Apollo? Artemis's brother? Well, he has once more decided to act as an absolute irritation and try and prove his strength against me. Obviously he's lost, and as a temporary...or permanent, I have not yet decided which yet...punishment, he has lost his powers and will live on Earth with mortals. Unfortunately, he hasn't come down to Earth for a few years and will need some guidance. He needs someone sturdy who will not fall under his apparent 'charms' to take care of him while we decide whether or not he deserves to become a god once more."

"So you want me to be his babysitter?" I asked, releasing my grip on the spoon. "You want me to take care of this guy? Why? There are tons of girls out there who aren't going to fall under his 'charms'. I mean if they have any brains, they would know that he's way too possessive to be a good boyfriend, so I think that you should keep looking for someone who actually wants to take in a 'god' if that's really what he is."

"Ah, but you see, we need someone strong like you who would be reluctant to take him in, for you see that way it would be harder for him to create misery among the human race while we decide his fate. Please take Apollo. It will only be for a few months. And he is a god, at least...he was until we took his powers away."

Artemis stared at me in the eyes as she recited those words, and something happened to me to make my mouth form the word that I was trying hard not to say.

"Sure."

Zeus smiled widely and stood up, as did Artemis, and then me, after setting down the ice cream. I walked to the door and opened it, making sure not to beat around the bush. I wanted them out. There was no doubt in the way I stared at them.

"So when is he coming?" I asked, also against my wish.

"Tomorrow."

Before I could protest, Zeus smiled, hugged me (making me extremely uncomfortable) and vanished.

Artemis smiled and said, "Thank you. I know you can change him."

She snapped her fingers. Within a second, she was gone. I blinked and shut the door. Now to wait for his arrival. Yippee.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want you can always just comment on the profile comment board thing, or mail me about the story so I can see how I'm doing! sorry to be such a bother about that, but I want to make this story as good as i can! thank you for reading!