S'Agapo

Liar

Apollo smiled. "That was really good." He said it more to himself than to me, looking almost nostalgically at the plate.

"You can have seconds you know." I raised my eyebrows at his surprised expression-he'd forgotten we were there. He grinned. "Why are you smiling?" I snapped because I was getting irritated. He was smiling and acting all normal, too normal; like a nice person. He was hiding something, and I had to pry it out of him- but I didn't want Bane there while I did so I decided to wait until we all went to bed.

"Good night guys!" I went into my room and shut it. I turned off the lights and crossed my legs, sitting on the bed. I waited for the other two lights to go off. I waited about a half an hour more, until I was sure Bane was asleep, then I tiptoed out of my room. I softly knocked on Apollo's door, but didn't hear anything. I was about to open it, but then I heard Apollo talking to someone.

"No, mom. I don't mean anything by being with her. She's a human- like I could ever fall for her. You know how good I am at acting. And besides, I'm just doing this so dad will let me back into the house. I could never care for someone as stupid and weak as her. I mean really; after all the ways he's hurt you, do you really think I'd let myself fall in the same direction? I'm not going to make the same mistakes as him...I promise, now go back to whatever you were doing; this human body needs sleep."

My voice caught and I fell like I was becoming anaphylactic. I turned and crept back to my room, lying down on the bed, completely forgetting what I had initially wanted to ask him.
Was it really all an act? I had actually, seriously, truly, fallen in love with him! And he was...acting. The whole time he had been acting. Then again, I had known from the start that he wouldn't fall in love with me. Besides, hadn't he fallen in love with Cindy, and then Cathy - supposedly. And she was an idiot. Of course he'd chosen her- she was just as shallow. Then I remembered what I had read in the Greek mythology book when I was younger.

I pulled it out of my closet and opened it on my bed. Flicking on the lights, I curled up on my stomach and opened it to a marked page. "Here it is- Greek Gods have little or no emotion for the humans they have created. Despite Zeus' affection for his creation, this love goes no further than the admiration of his own capacity to create living, breathing creatures with the ability to think on their own. Often, in Mythology, there are warnings to humans to avoid meeting with or showing emotion to the Greek Gods, who can then easily use and/or manipulate said human to do whatever they wish. This can be found in several myths about the main god Zeus, in his enticing of several women, such as Europa." I cursed silently to myself, then looked outside. It hadn't stopped raining- it was harder than before. But I didn't care. I shut the book, a bit loudly.

"Laurel? You're awake?" I fell off my bed and scrambled to the door, locking it tight.

"Uh, yeah." I answered Apollo.

"Well, do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?"

'Yes.'

"Uh, no, I'll be fine. Actually-" I fake yawned, "I'm rather tired, so I'm just going to hit the sack now. Good night!" I shut off the lights and heard him walk away after a few minutes. My heart was beating so fast I thought I might die. Taking a deep breath I pulled out my umbrella
and changed into my jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Grabbing my rubber boots, umbrella, and raincoat I opened my skylight and went outside.

The roof was a little slippery, but I didn't mind- I'd done this tons of times before. Gripping the shingles, I sat down and closed my eyes. The rain was cascading off my umbrella, surrounding me like a waterfall. I pulled in my lags and rested my head on them.

'He's been lying to me this whole time.' I smiled to myself. It wasn't as if this was new to me; Kevin had betrayed me, so what on earth had made me think Apollo wouldn't? And besides, even if he was going to actually fall in love, it would be with a goddess, not a mortal like me.

I started cry anyways. He didn't mean anything. Everything he'd done- taking care of me when I was sick, treating me like I was worth something...it was all meaningless.

'Damn bastard.'

The next day Apollo smiled at me like he always had. I yawned and pulled out some waffles from the toaster. "Here Bane, have some more waffles." I gave Bane two more waffles, adding to his already copious amount. He stared and when I turned my back gave some to Apollo. I didn't mind that he did so, it was just that I didn't want to have any contact with Apollo anymore. I'd do just as I had done before-pull myself out of the whole loop, reject everyone all over again. I sighed, realizing I'd been safer that way-even if I had been hurting everyone else, at least I wasn't hurting myself.

"Guys, we ought to get to school. Come on Bane." He stood up, as did Apollo. I grabbed my bag and opened the door. Bane sat in the passenger seat.

"Hey!" Apollo frowned. "Get out of my seat Bane!"

I sighed. "Guys we're already late as it is. Apollo, get in the back seat or walk to school."
They both looked at me in shock. I glared. "What the hell do you want? Stop staring at me like I've grown two heads and get in the backseat you baby."

Apollo POV

'She's regressed. How has she regressed? What the hell happened?' I sat down in the backseat, deciding not to anger her any further. She was even more aggressive than before, and she wasn't even looking at me, or talking to me unless it was necessary.

'Please tell me she didn't hear what I had told mother last night. That would suck.'

Laurel POV

I drove home without Apollo or Bane. I decided I didn't want them in the house, and I knew that both of them were staying after school for some reason or other, so I went to home depot and got a new door knob. That's right; I was going to lock them both out. Apollo could search for a girl on his own- I didn't care where, as long as it wasn't near me. And Bane...I didn't really want him near me either.

Apollo POV

I pushed Bane out of the way, irritated. "What do you mean, the door isn't opening? You probably don't know how to turn a key."

"The key doesn't even go in!" I ignored him and attempted to insert my key. It wasn't fitting. "What the hell?"

I called Laurel's cell phone. She didn't answer. She had to be at home; her car was in the driveway, damn it!