S'Agapo

Hello, Goodbye?

I peeked out the window, ignoring my vibrating phone. Bane was calling nonstop while Apollo angrily hammered on the door. I went to the top of the stairs, glancing briefly at the couch, tables, chairs and stereo I had piled in front of the door. Apollo didn't have the power to break down the door at the moment, and with all that crap hindering its opening, I was sure he wouldn't be able to.

The blinds were all closed and the house was shadowed. I hadn't wanted them to see me. I went into my room and changed into jeans and a tee shirt. Putting on my headphones, I started to listen to Bayside, flipping through the Mythology book. Near my hand was the cell phone, vibrating like crazy. Finally, it stopped.

I quickly opened it and shut it off. It was giving me a headache. The slamming downstairs had ended long ago-Apollo had given up, but Bane had not. Suddenly, my home phone started to ring uncontrollably. 'Damn, I have to get that phone number changed.'

When it stopped, I pulled out its cord and sat back down on my bed, chewing on a kit-kat bar. "Ah, just like old times."

I smiled sadly to myself, and shut my mythology book. I needed to waste some energy.

I was sweating like crazy, but I continued to play DDR. I had won the game twice-even the secret areas, and I had won all of the characters.

I rested for a moment, and drank some water. Suddenly I heard a tapping at my window. Someone was throwing rocks. Thank God my parents got those reinforced windows so that they wouldn't break easily. I smiled to myself and continued to play, putting the volume higher. These walls were too thick for anyone outside to hear, so I didn't mind. Besides, even if they could hear, they had already known I was home because of the fact that I'd pulled out the plug in my phone.

I glanced at the clock. It was seven. I went into the bathroom and took a shower, then went downstairs to cook myself some dinner. I opened the fridge, surprised at all the food I had. "Man, I could live off of this for a month or two! Those two really did make me waste money, didn't they?"

I smiled and laughed a little. Pulling out the lettuce and some ham, I decided to make a sandwich for dinner. I turned to the window and immediately shut the curtains that I had forgotten. It was raining outside again. "As long as it doesn't thunder I'm fine." I pulled out my chopping board and a knife. I started to sing quietly to myself when the thunder clapped. I squeaked in shock and the knife slipped and I cut myself. "Ah!" I pulled away. "I think I'll just have some yogurt."

Sitting down on the couch I flicked on the TV. It scrambled and went out, as did the lights. I trembled and grabbed the blanket and sleeping bag I had brought down with me. Curling up inside, I shut off the TV and put on my MP3. 'Of all the days to have a thunderstorm, it had to be today? Right when I was trying to get used to being alone again. Stupid whether, stupid Apollo, Bane, everyone!'

I buried myself deeper into the covers, radiating fear. After a bit, I fell into a fitful sleep.

I woke up the next morning. Everything was aching, and my MP3 had run out of battery. I glanced at the glass doors that lead to my backyard. The heavy black curtains hindered my view of the outside. I sighed and sat up, deciding to plug my house phone back in and turn
my cell phone back on. I did so hesitantly.

After calling in sick to school, I went back upstairs and put on my PS2. The kingdom hearts theme song rang throughout the house. I clicked on the expert game I had already won. I fought Ansem once more, and then watched the ending cut scene once more. Then I went
to the second kingdom hearts, to expert, watched that final cut scene. I got up and went to the bathroom, took a shower and walked around the house in one of Apollos boxers and tee shirts.

Sure he didn't love me-not really, and at the moment I hated him, but I did love him. Just a little. Besides, his clothes smelled nice. I glanced at myself in the mirror of his bedroom. My eyes looked tired and despairing. I couldn't stand my reflection so I left the room and went into my room. Peeking out my window, I saw that the world had turned a dull brownish-gray in honor of my mood.

I glanced up at my skylight, then quickly locked it. Sure, I was being a bit paranoid. 'But you never know. Those boys sure are crazy.'

I heard my cell phone go off. I decided not to answer it. No one I really wanted to speak to at the moment. Sitting back down on the floor in front of the TV, I fell on my back and stared at the ceiling. I glanced at my phone.

Missed call.

I stuck my tongue out and flicked it open. Simultaneously, I accidentally answered a phone call. It was Apollo. I bit my lip. 'Shit.'

"La-laurel! You answered! Its about damn time you idiot! Oh, shit, wait! Don't hang up! Don't! Just listen for a second!"

My thumb hovered over the 'end' button. It wouldn't press down. I wanted to hear what he had to say. Hell, I just wanted to hear him talk.

He hesitated then I heard him sigh. "Thank you. You...you don't have to say anything, just please listen, okay? I'm sorry if I've caused you any pain. I don't know what it is that I-or Bane- have done to make you like this, to make you revert to what you were after Kevin,"
I sat up and stared at the phone. It was on speaker so I didn't have to hold it up to my ear,
"I know you probably hate me, but I don't know why. Please, at least tell me what I've done wrong. Or tell me what Bane's done wrong!"

He continued to beg. I didn't want to listen to him anymore so I whispered into the phone, "It's my fault. It's all right though, really. I should have known better than to love you. It's all my fault, for trusting you, and for thinking that you actually loved me too." I paused, pushing the knot out of my throat, erupting into quiet tears. "I hadn't meant to hear you talking to her, Apollo. I really hadn't. But I did, and now I know the truth. So I guess I should say thank you for opening my eyes." I shut my phone and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I sighed and replaced the furniture.

Apollo POV

I didn't move from my position. The phone was still in my hand as I heard it beep. She loved me. I would have started celebrating, but she thought I had betrayed her. "How could she have...?"

Suddenly my whole body became lighter. I lifted out of the human form and found myself back on Mount Olympus. My father was sitting on his throne, smiling widely. "Did you enjoy tasting your own medicine, son?"

Laurel POV

I went to sleep. It was three P.M. and I went to sleep. It was to be expected, seeing as I hadn't slept at all the night before. I woke up at around eight to the sound of Bane knocking on my door. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Open the door! Laurel! Apollo's dead!"