S'Agapo

Home

I woke up the next morning, refreshed. I felt as light as air for some reason. Dinner last night had tasted better than ever. And that milk before dinner had put me out the moment I finished it. I got up off the floor, where I had fallen asleep and picked up my mug. Setting it on the table, I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After taking a shower I ran downstairs in my favorite pair of baggy jeans and a short top, and made myself some pancakes.

At school I continued to ignore everyone, but it was obvious that my mood was thousands of shades lighter than it had been a year ago.

Graduation was the next day and I couldn't wait to get out of this school and into Greece- that's right, my college was in Greece. Homeland of the Greek mythology I was so fond of. I couldn't wait to start learning so I could become an archaeologist. After graduation I stood in the corner of the lawn, still wearing the cap that we were supposed to have thrown in the air. 'Pfft, like I'd get it dirty.'

I pulled of the cap and waved to Tom and Jake, who were trying to get Uncle Joey and his boyfriend to stop flirting and move over. I smiled and walked over to them. "I can't believe you're making the graduate do all the work, honestly. "

Uncle Joey grinned at me. "Well, if you're already this lazy I have no idea how you're going to get through college." It was a stupid joke because I was more active than ever but I laughed anyways.

"All right, so when do we have to get you to the airport?"

I glanced at my watch. "Um, well, now would be nice."

They all stared at me for a moment, then Uncle Joey hustled us all into the car. "Then why the hell are we still here? Get in the car!"

I leaned my head against the window of the airplane. It was big; thank God my parents were rich- I was in first class. I glanced down at my hands, covered by the large Grey sweater I had changed into at the airport. My jeans were a little crumpled but I didn't care. Bane and Tina were also there to see me off, and I asked them to take good care of my house and all of the stuff Id left there. I had basically brought all of my things to Greece- I would be living in an apartment near the school with a yet to be seen roommate- except for the kitchen sink and my couch.

"Miss, would you care for any beverages?" I turned and shook my head at the Greek flight attendant. He looked familiar, but was gone before I could actually get a good look at him. With a sigh I leaned back and fell asleep, curling my feet up on the chair.

"Ma'am, please fasten your seat belt." I sat up and yawned. "All right."

I smiled and tightened the belt. Suddenly I felt a drop in my stomach as the plane delved into turbulence. 'I hate planes' I thought briefly, clenching my teeth. 'Why the heck do humans want to fly?'

Babies were crying, people were screaming. The lights flashed on and off and suddenly I was pushed back against my seat. 'oh, no...oh no...' I bit down on my lip, felt the skin break as I stifled my screams, my terror. 'We couldn't possibly crashing?'

We fell into the water, and it swallowed the plane. Everything was a blur. I had no lifesaver. A man with a long gray bread came up to me. "You're a pretty one. Come with me."

He dove under and grabbed my ankle. I screamed but couldn't make a sound. I was drowning and I couldn't breathe. Finally, I managed two words, loud and frightened-

"Oh shit!" I jumped up, and blushed as the same flight attendant that had passed me by before leaned over me concernedly. He was a few years older than me.

"Are you all right?" He asked in Greek.

I nodded, "Uh, yes, just a bad dream about Poseidon...eheh."

"Well, would you like some water?"

"Oh god no...I mean, no thank you." I blushed as he smiled and walked away. He probably thought I was a lunatic. I buried my head in my pillow in shame.

At the airport I looked around briefly. I had called my relatives and told them that I was moving back to Greece, and now I was craning my neck, wondering if they actually came to get me. I hadn't even gotten a look at my apartment yet and was hoping for some help from them. I was very fluent in the language, but I wasn't well acquainted with the money system yet. I bit my lip and then sighed, deciding to try and get there on my own.

I was about to leave when suddenly I saw someone who looked very familiar. "An-Angie?" I blinked as she turned and stared at me for a moment. Then a large smile broke through and she ran up to me.

"Hey, Laurel! What are you doing here?"

"I didn't tell you? I'm going to college here-I had asked some of my relatives to come and get me, but I guess they didn't want to-"

"Now, don't say that."

A large arm enveloped my shoulders. Angie turned bright pink. I looked up and understood why. "Marco? You got so big!" My little cousin had indeed. He wasn't buff or anything, but toned. I grinned and he let go of me. I was much happier because someone had actually come for me. "Huh, what took you so long? I thought that I'd have to find that apartment on my own!"

"Well, you're kind of living at an apartment that mom and dad own so I had to come and get you."

I gawked at my stupidity. The name of that apartment was Marco's last name.

"Wow, I'm an idiot."

"Pretty much." He spotted Angie and suddenly I didn't exist.

In very sexy Greek, Marco leaned over and kissed Angie's hand, and said, "Who is this pretty flower?"

I rolled my eyes, but Angie was enraptured. "I'm Angie. It's a pleasure to meet you-"

"Marco. Are you here on business?" Angie nodded, and her parents appeared behind her.

The father shook Marcos hand as he straightened and said, "Hello. Was your father unable to come here to deal business with us?"

Marco smiled and became serious. "Yes, unfortunately Father is tied up at work. However, he has made arrangements to sit down with you and have a long business talk once you arrive. So," He smiled at me and then Angie and her family, "Shall we depart?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Marco's hot.