S'Agapo

Clouds

I was twenty, and it was summer. My first year of college was through and I was exhausted. It was dry and hot outside and Angie was begging me to go with her to the mountain. I had refused, too busy attempting not to dehydrate when Marco jumped inside, looking as fresh
and cool as ever. I glared at him-heat was not my friend- and went to take an ice cold shower.

I came out a little more pleasant- my hair was tamer and I was not sweaty. I collapsed on the couch next to the lovebirds and switched on the television. There wasn't anything fun on so I went to my room and looked around briefly. Nothing to do. I sighed in defeat and went back to Angie. "Do you want to...go to the temple?"

"Seriously?"

I nodded. Angie jumped up and hugged me. "You're so awesome! Come on; lets get your clothes out! I know I'm right about this- I just have a gut feeling!"

I felt like a total idiot, standing on line. There were tons of girls with beautiful long blond hair and big granny smith apple green eyes. I looked like a dope. I glared briefly at Angie. "I look stupid!"

"No, you don't! You look so pretty! Stop hating yourself for once and show some confidence, would you?"

I sighed and shook my head. "This is just too weird. I only wanted to take pictures." Marco and Angie ignored me. I took a deep breath and walked onto the marble.

"Angie!"

She turned and looked at me. "Oh great, it's your turn! Come on, I'll help you on!"

I was bright red as she helped me onto the platform. I looked up at the chiseled face and it felt slightly creepy. "Why does he have eyes? Usually, they're just smooth."

Angie shook her head. "Maybe it's special? Now move your head a little! You have to look like you're a part of the statue! I have to take a picture, and it should look good!" I sighed and still blushing like crazy, moved my face so the stone hand was touching my cheek. The other arm was actually really comfortable around my waist and I leaned against it. It felt oddly familiar.

"You have to stop fidgeting! Look into his eyes!"

I blushed again. "Angie! This is a damn statue!"

"Well, pretend it's real!"

"It's a little difficult, you know!" I closed my eyes. This was not happening.

"Let's just get it over with."

I opened my eyes again and looked up into his eyes. I was surprised to see that they were staring right back into mine- almost into my soul. I leaned forward a little, subconsciously.

"Do something with your arms, its looks awkward! Are there any indents where it looks like they fit?"

I looked at his shoulders and found a small indent in the cloth. I put my left hand on it-it fit perfectly. I was slightly taken aback. My other hand hung limply, I had nowhere to put it. I felt so fragile and small in these stone arms.

"Just put it on the chest!"

I blushed- I couldn't stop!- and pressed my hand against his chest. I looked into his eyes again and was surprised when I felt a heartbeat. The arm around my waist tightened it's grip and his body was suddenly warm. The hand on my cheek brought me forward and I found myself kissing the statue.

Except it was not a statue. It couldn't be- it was too warm. I pulled away and looked into beautiful blue eyes. I freaked out and pulled away. "Angie?" I looked around, but she was nowhere. I had no idea where I was. "What is this?" I was standing on clouds and all of the Greek gods were staring at me- smiling at me. Aphrodite came up to me and handed me a drink.

"Have some, you look thirsty." I stared at her suspiciously, but she pushed the vile to my mouth and I accidentally took a sip. I continued to look around, and felt Apollo put his arms around me again. I was feeling dizzy, but tried to pull away anyways. I failed and collapsed against him.

I woke up with a small headache. I was lying in a big soft bed, and the room around me was completely white. I sat up. 'Where am I?'

Aphrodite sat in a chair on the side of my bed and came to my side when I woke up. She smiled at me and said, "I'm glad your awake. Do you remember what Zeus asked you to do?"

"Yes, I was supposed to take care of Apollo until he got his act together." Even as the words passed from my lips I found my heart sear.

Aphrodite smiled. "Good. Well then, I should probably tell you everything now. That girl, Angelica, told you the story of Apollo and Olivia, yes?" I nodded, "Well, that story was the beginning of you and Apollo. Zeus, after realizing what he had done, actually did feel bad. I mean, really, I know my brother," She laughed and sat down on the bed, "He's a pervert, but a nice one. We all decided to give you two another chance and Zeus made up another fight to have with Apollo. Then, he and Athena came to you asking you to take care of him. You always were a little bit fiery, that came with the territory. But we knew you could help Apollo. He had no clue that you were -are- Olivia, but now he does; and you must understand, he still loves you- as both Olivia and Laurel. He doesn't expect you to be someone you aren't. You love him, don't you?" Aphrodite looked at me.

I looked around the room, trying to memorize everything. 'Apollo loves me...' I already knew the answer to her question, but it felt funny to be saying so to the goddess of love.

I smiled at my embarrassment and looked up at her. "I do. It just feels weird to suddenly be remembering everything when..." I trailed off as I realized something. "Am I on Mount Olympus?"

"Yes. You won't be going back down to Earth. When you kissed Apollo- he was in the statue, but we had put a liquid on his lips- it turned you into a goddess so that you could come up here. You'll be the protector of animals, along with Artemis and Athena. I hope you don't mind."

I shook my head. I twisted the sheets in my hands.

"Is something wrong?"

I blushed and looked at the clouds on the floor. "Uh...Can I...see Apollo?"

Aphrodite smiled. "I thought you'd never ask. Come along." I slipped out onto the floor and realized I wasn't wearing shoes. I turned to look for them, but she stopped me.

"No one wears shoes in their home, so why should you?"

I was briefly surprised. This was my home. I smiled faintly and said, "Home...it's...quite a home, isn't it?"

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it."
♠ ♠ ♠
two more to go.