S'Agapo

Stranger

The next few hours I sat on the couch and thought about the odd conversation with these supposed 'gods' and their plan.

So basically, this Artemis girl had a brother, Apollo, and their father was Zeus.

I returned to my chair, turned on the stereo, and began panicking by talking to myself.

"They could be gods though...I mean, she actually turned into a little girl...creepy," I shuddered, "So let's just say that for one minute those two were actually gods. And they were sending me Apollo. To live with me for who knows how long. And apparently Apollo got into a huge fight with his father, Zeus, and was all pissed at him because he wasn't so strong. Ugh, men and their macho-ness. They really need to get over themselves one day. I mean, the only reason they're alive is to help women reproduce, so geesh."

I began to pace the house, walking up the stairs, up and down the hall, then down the stairs and in an odd circle around the den and kitchen, steadily shoveling ice cream into my mouth.

"Ok, so, apparently Apollo lost his powers because he's been fighting with dear daddy a bit too long and Zeus got pissed and is going to simply make him suffer. With me?" I looked down at myself, walked into the kitchen and put the ice cream away. I continued pacing.

"What, am I really that horrifying? I mean, sure I have bad fashion sense, and I hate virtually everyone around me because I make sure they disappoint me in some way, but I can cook. And I'm smart. And I know that Apollo is a pile of cow poo under his supposed golden curly locks. But hey, I have brown curly locks, so whatever he thinks he can try, I can counteract with my super duper curly locks of doom."

I stopped what I was saying. That was really off-topic.

"Wait a minute...how do the gods know me in particular? I mean there are thousands upon thousands of girls in the world, so how did they come to pinpoint me? Is it that they only look over the Greek girls? But still, that's a whole country. But then again, they are gods so maybe they really could pinpoint me easily. Oh man, so does that mean that every time I've glared at some random person they've seen it? So does that mean they think I'm a bad person? I'm not a bad person though! Oh no, what if I have to live in the underworld with Hades and I have to be all tortured like that guy who has to roll a giant boulder up a mountain for the rest off eternity? Waaaah!"

I couldn't help but freak out a little. I forced myself to sit down and watch the t.v.

"This is not cool, I'm thinking about this too much! Apollo is coming tomorrow, and I have a spare room. I'll just tell the idiot all the rules of the house and let him go do whatever it is he wants to. As long as he doesn't mess up my life. He better not make a laughing stock of me, and if he thinks he's having any get-togethers," - i felt the urge to use bunny quotes here, even though no one was there- "here, he's dead wrong. I'll kill him if he even tries it! I'll wring the moron's little neck if he tries anything at all! It's not like I give a crap about him, he just needs a place to crash until he becomes a god again, so I'll just let him be. But I'll make sure he knows I am not his maid. Yeah!"

By this time, I was so worked up about him coming that I accidentally broke the pencil in my hands. I had been writing some recipes down from the food network show I was watching. I glanced down at the pieces of pencil in my hands and dropped them on the coffee table.
"I can't believe this. A god will be living in my house. This will stink like month old milk."

I stood up and went to the upstairs bathroom. After I washed my hands I glanced at the alarm clock on the bathroom sink. 8:30 P.M.

"I can't believe I'm getting so worked up over this," I said to the vast emptiness.

Clutching my stomach, I went to my room and changed into an over sized t-shirt and blue shorts. I glanced down the stairs at the kitchen. "I don't think I can eat right now."

I turned off all signs off electricity and stumbled into my room. Throwing myself onto the bed, I realized why I was so nervous. My first house guest ever would not only be a young guy, he would be a young god guy. And I was notorious for not doing well in front of macho men who thought that they could just boss people around.

"I am going to hate this so much. I hate him already. Of course I do, I make sure I hate him already, so that I don't feel disappointed when he comes. Pfft. Why do I care so much about this? He's just some jock-strap loser god who thinks he can be all tough guy. But he's not. I'll make sure that a-crap-wanna-be knows so tomorrow." I pulled the covers over my head and fell asleep.

I got up and changed into a pair of jeans and my favorite orange tee shirt. It was loose, but not big on me. With a sigh I went downstairs to have my cereal. As I descended the last step, my mouth opened in a soundless scream. For a moment everything was still. And then I picked up the bat near the staircase and ran behind the figure on my couch. A loud whack resounded as the bat collided with the boy's skull.

As I stared down at the face of the golden-curled, slightly muscular form of the ex-god Apollo, I knew I had made a big mistake.

"I've knocked out the freaking ex-god I was supposed to live with!"

Hyperventilating, I dropped the bat and ran to the kitchen for a hand towel and ran it under the hot water for a minute. Then I ran back to Apollo and pressed the towel to the back of his head where I could feel a large swelling. I prayed desperately that I hadn't just given him a concussion.

'Oh, shit!' My brain started spazzing, 'What if he has a concussion? What do I do?'

Luckily, he came to after a few minutes. The swelling had gone down a considerable amount and he had opened his eyes.

'Alright, home remedies do work!'

Apollo stared up at me with his olive green eyes and said, "Hello, I am supposing you are some sort of forgiving gift from my father? That's wonderful. Let us begin the intercourse."
♠ ♠ ♠
all right! now that every thing's set up, the story will start moving much faster! thank you for reading!