S'Agapo

Dinner

Someone was slapping my face lightly. I awoke, groggy. Eros was sitting in my bed, hovering over me, and I found I had the urge to scream. So I did. And, I pushed him off the bed. I stood up and stood over him, my eyes wide as saucers. My black bat was nowhere to be found.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed, Eros?"

"Oh, you recognize me!"

"Of course I do, now explain what you are doing in this house. Don't you have a wife?"

"Yeah, but I'm not here to take your innocence. Um, you actually aren't supposed to be able to see me. I guess uncle Hephy wasn't working at his best. It must be because he caught Mom and uncle Ares going at it again."
"Whoa, too much information!" I said, trying to block certain images from my head. "Just get out of this house! Go back to Greece and leave me alone, I already have my hands full with that under sensitive pervert in the room down the hall!"

"Alright, alright, don't burst a blood vessel," He got up and pulled at his shirt. "I can't get used to these clothes. I'd much rather if you people were still wearing robes like they used to." He walked out the door and started down the stairs. I followed to make sure he didn't hide or anything.

Just as he was about to leave the threshold, I stopped him. He halted, and turned towards me. From the stairs, I asked, "Why are you here anyways?"

He smiled and said, "Work," and shut the door.

Utterly bewildered, I sat down on the couch. "What a weird guy."

About an hour later, Apollo came down from his room. I supposed he had been taking a shower, seeing as his hair was all wet. He stood in front of me. I scooted over, and he sat down where I had been. As we both stared at the TV, I muted it and said, "You're an ass."

Appearing amused, Apollo responded, "But I'm a handsome ass, right?"

"That's not the point, you egotistical moron."

"But you admit, I'm rather dashing?" Apollo moved closer to me and I got off the couch since there wasn't anymore to scoot over.

I ignored him and got to the point i had been attempting to make. "If you ever mention my family again, I swear I'll-"

"You'll what?" He asked, standing up and grabbing my waist with both hands. "You're so stupid. I only mention what pisses you off because I see you as sport. You have little value as it is. I'm planning to use you for entertainment value."

I was stunned at his attempt to make me scared. I was also uncomfortable with the fact that he was touching me. Apollo smiled charmingly, what appeared to be dangerously, released me, and said, "I'll mention whoever the hell I want to. I don't deserve to be stuck with an ugly whore like you. I did nothing wrong in challenging my father. He knew he was in the wrong, and he knows I'm more powerful than him. So, until the other gods decide to let me back in against dear daddy's will, I'm going to make your life a living hell. They chose you because they thought I couldn't break you like the other girls. But, I can. I can break you like a twig. All you have to do is bring me to school with you. I've been enrolled there until I go back home. Hopefully they'll be lots of girls I can use there too." The last part was to himself.

I swallowed hard, and snapped, "Don't be so foolish Apollo. You have a horrible temper, but you are definitely not that cruel. You're looking for love-that's all you've ever done. Not to mention you'll only look for the pretty girls, the ones you wouldn't dare hurt unless they hurt you. Sure I'll bring you to school. But if you bring any of those sluts home with you, I swear I will send you on a visit to your dear Uncle Hades," I smiled and patted him on the cheek, "Now if you don't mind, I think I'll go make dinner."

I walked into the kitchen, shaking my head at his idiocy. Did he really think he could scare me? I knew way too much about Greek mythology, and it was common knowledge that Apollo was a huge flirt and had the worst temper, but wouldn't hurt anyone unless seriously provoked. And I doubted calling him an ass was provoking enough.

"Shit!" I slammed my cupboards shut and ran upstairs. Pulling on jeans and a shirt I grabbed my wallet and ran downstairs.

Apollo stopped me at the door. "Whoa, whoa, what's the matter?"

Nearly hysterical I cried,"I forgot to buy food!" I liked food, "The cupboards are completely bare! And I have barely any money in my wallet to feed two of us! I only buy for me! Shit! Quick, what do you want to eat?"

He stared at me a minute. "Are you bipolar?"

"No. Why?" I glared at him as I pulled on my flats.

"Because you were just smart mouthing me and now you're asking what I would like to eat?"

"Well you were just threatening me and now your all worried."

"I never said I was worried." He retorted.

"Wanna come shopping with me?" I opened the door and looked at him, waiting.

"Why would I want to do something so menial?"

"Because I walk to the grocers. I could use the helping hand, not to mention there are...girls." I swear I could see a light switch on behind his golden curls.

Of course, there weren't any young girls there, (usually mothers and grandmothers) but he didn't have to know that until we got there.

"Why, I would love to escort you, dear lady."

"Freak." I muttered, opening the door and walking out.

The air was perfect. It was cool, and I was glad to be getting some exercise. When I locked the door, Apollo immediately asked how long it would take to get to the store. Honestly, I wish he didn't have a one-track mind. While we were walking, I smiled and closed my eyes.

Finally, I felt alone, in my own world. I sighed, at my calmest all day. After a deep breath I opened my eyes and smiled slightly.

"You... are odd."

I remembered I wasn't alone and said, "Um, sorry, I just do that when I'm really stressed out. Ah, why am I explaining myself to you?" I shook my head and walked a little faster.

"I don't know. I think you are starting to like me!" Apollo grinned and caught up to me.

"Pfft, don't get your hopes up." I walked into the grocery store and greeted Tom, the bag boy.

Yeah, I know I said I don't make friends easily. But see, he's not a friend. He's a cousin. Not close to him or anything...anymore. We used to be pretty close but I kicked him out of my life too. He's actually rather scared of me now but we have to hold up the niceties to make sure my relatives don't start making me some gang chick or anything. Bleh.