Warmness on the Soul

Chapter Two

Brian’s Point of View.

I waited outside with everyone else after Zacky excused himself from the party, it must be hard for him having to celebrate his daughter’s birthday as well as his lover’s death. He had not been himself, but Elora was doing a great job around the house. She always told me she wanted to be a mother, and I could tell by the way she loves and holds Lucinda she would have made an excellent mother. I looked over to Michelle, who was wearing a mini skirt and halter neck top, leaving absolutely nothing for the imagination. She would not be a good mother, she did not even choose Lucinda’s present, her one job was to wrap the present so it looked pretty. However, no, she left it unwrapped, and made us look like we did not care about Lucinda’s at all.

I care very much about Lucinda; I helped Zacky through the nights where he could not go home to face her. Elora started speaking to me; she helped me with advice when I started to somewhat counsel Zacky. Then I decided to go with Zacky’s plan of ‘going out with Michelle to make Elora jealous’, which was the stupidest thing I had ever gone along with. It had totally backfired of course, and now every time Michelle and I even rocked up near Elora, well let us just says that Michelle seemed to go out of her way to make Elora’s life a hassle. It also did not turn out to well when Matt found out Michelle was the girl I had been fooling around with when Elora and I were still engaged. I had a black eye for weeks, but Michelle nursed me back to health god love her.

After a good five minutes without Zacky and Elora, I decided to head inside to investigate, well to ‘go to the toilet’.

“Mich I got to pee, play nice,” I said kissing her forehead and heading towards the upstairs bathroom. I walked past the study and heard muffled voices so decided to eavesdrop.

“It’s been a year, I can’t do this alone El,” I heard Zacky say

“I’m hear Zacky,” I heard Elora reply, i looked through the little creak in the door and noticed Elora and Zacky were standing very close.

“Yeah, but you need to have a life too. You shouldn’t have to spend the rest of your days looking after a child that isn’t yours,” he said looking down.

“But I want to,” Elora said putting her hands on his shoulders. Then faster than lightning Zacky had his snakebite ridden lips onmy Elora’s lips. Rage filled my body, I felt my fist tense, and blood boil, how could he do this to me. He knew how much I loved Elora. I heard Val yell out something about cake and I stormed out side, and grabbed Michelle and pulled out Elora’s old engagement ring I kept in my pocket in the vain hope that she would one day be my wife.

“Guy’s i have an announcement to make!” i said, grabbing Michelle by the waist and pulling her close to me. The whole party fell silent and i felt the 20 or more pairs of eyes land on Michelle and I.

“What is it bro?” Jimmy asked with one arm draped around Tamby.

“Well, Michelle baby, will you do the honour of being my wife?” I said holding the ring out to her.

Yes! Oh yes Brian Haner Junior i will!” she said jumping into my arms and hugging me. I looked over to Val and her jaw had dropped along with the glass she had once held in her hand. I scanned the rest of the crowd and saw that Elora was in the doorway behind Zacky, I saw the tears well up in her eyes and she returned into the house. Right then i was confused, Elora was with Zacky, why would she be upset with me marrying Michelle?
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think guys