That Night You Took Away a Little More Than Just My Breath

On The Bus.

Zacky entered the security code to unlock the door, and then opened the door and got onto the bus, telling us to follow. I looked over at Scar. She’d finally calmed down a little. Seeing Zacky first thing after waking up might have been something she’d always wanted to do, but when it actually happened in reality it took her a long time to realize she wasn’t dreaming.
I heard a couple of rough voices as I followed Zacky, and they got louder and louder the further we went. Finally, Zacky stopped walking. Problem was, I was so caught up in the moment that I was barely paying attention and I walked straight into his back. He glanced over his shoulder sending me a quick reassuring smile before he turned around so that his side was facing me, and now Scarlet and I were able to see the rest of the band. They were all relaxing on the couch, each holding a beer.
“Fuckers, I brought some company,” Zacky said as he nodded his head towards the two of us. The guys immediately looked up. Synyster got up and walked over to us, “Hey, I remember you from when we were signing,” he said and all I could do was smile at him. Fuck me for always being so goddamn nervous. Well I wasn’t usually, but I was around these guys. Hopefully it’d change.
“H-Hi,” I said nervously.
He grinned slightly and ran his hand over the top of my head, messing up my hair. “Don’t be scared, kiddo. We don’t bite. Well, most of us don’t anyway,” he winked.
I went over and greeted all of the other members while Zacky sat down on the only empty couch that was left. I sat down next to him, but since I didn’t want to freak him out or seem obsessive or whatever, I sat down as far away from him as I possibly could without actually falling off the couch. Scar had sat down in between Jimmy and Johnny and looked like she was trying her hardest not to pass out again.
The guys had put in a scary movie, and I bit on the inside of my cheek knowing fully well how easily I got scared of these, but I was going to try my hardest not show it. Without saying anything, Zacky wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I looked over at him questioningly and he smiled. “You were about to fall off,” he whispered so that he wouldn’t disturb the movie-watchers.
“Thanks,” I whispered, smiling back at him, before turning my head back to the movie. My attention, however, was nowhere close to the movie. I’d figured that he was going to move his arm away once he’d made sure I wasn’t going to fall off the couch, but his arm had stayed around my waist, and his thumb was moving slowly up and down my side trying to call me down and make me comfortable around him. That made me smile. Who knew these guys could be so… normal?