Status: Really slow because my life is crazy...<3

Beast and the Harlot

The Past

There was a knock on my door and I knew immediately who it was. "Come on in Zack!" I yelled, but the knocking continued. I sighed getting up and opening the door. Zack stood there in a baby blue long-sleeved button up with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans and Doc Martins, looking quite dapper.

"Wow." We said at the same time, causing us to laugh.

"I really tried to picture you in that dress, but I did not do you or the dress justice." He said looking me up and down. Not in a perverted way, but in a sweet and loving, 'Oh my God! Look at you!' sort of way.

"Well, you look very handsome yourself."

"Eh, I try." He said holding an arm out for my to link with my own.

We linked arms and Zack led me downstairs. The doors to the dinning room, which we never used, were closed; they were usually opened. Zack unlinked arms with me and pushed open the french doors, revealing a beautiful st up. There were candles and flowers everywhere and a bottle of champagne sitting in the middle of the now shortened table. The place settings were done, with the first course already sitting on the plates. Zacky pulled a chair out for me and then pushed it in when I sat. He sat across from me. We ate, talking about all that was going on in our lives, either together or in separation.

Zacky was putting everything away. He told me to change into the box that was in my closet. I went upstairs, and surely enough, there was a box in my closet. I opened it up to find a pair of pajamas. I giggled thinking about how much thought Zacky put into this. After I changed, I left my room, pumping into a shirtless Zacky. He had on a pair of flannel pajama pants, and nothing else.

"So, what's up next?"

"Picking a movie and cuddling on the couch." He said taking my hand and walking down the stairs together.

As we hit the bottom step, there was a knock at the door. I looked at Zacky who shrugged and proceeded to answer the door.

"Hello?" Zacky asked skeptically as he opened the door to reveal a thirty-something year old man, soaking wet, in a trench coat. The boss was right. A storm did blow in from the Pacific.

"Hi, I'm detective Brown. Does a Skylar Winters live here?" He asked showing a badge.

I stepped from behind Zacky. "I'm Skylar Winters."

"Ah Miss Winters. May I come in. I need a word or two with you."

"Why do you need to talk to Sky?" Zack asked.

"I'm from the NYPD and..," I cut him off before he could continue.

"Follow me." I said leading him into the living room and sitting on the couch across from the one that he placed himself at. Zacky sat next to me. I could feel his gaze burning into my skull, but I didn't want to look. I didn't know why this man was here, but it couldn't be good.

"Well Skylar I'm going to get straight to the point. Thirteen years ago you gave birth to a girl. Right?" I nodded in reply. "You gave her up for adoption to the Dickinson's who I'm sure you didn't know, but only had themselves as family."

"Yes, they adopted her." I said quietly.

"Here's the thing. The both passed away in an car accident. With your daughter being a teen ager, they have taken her view into consideration. We asked her if she wanted to be readopted, or see if her biological mother would want to try and raise her. She knows your story, how you were so young and didn't know a single thing about babies. She accepts it, but wants you to accept her. You can think about it if you want."

I took in a breath before looking at Zacky, trying to read his thoughts. He looked, shocked, confused, and slightly upset. I looked back at Detective Brown. "I wanna meet her, give it a try."

Detective Brown nodded his head and stood up. "Can I have your number, so we can set this up?" I gave him my number and he walked out of the door. I locked up and went back to the living room.

Zacky was sitting in the same place I left him, staring at the wall. "Zacky..." He cut me off.

"You have a kid."

I looked at the floor and then back at him. He was looking at me now, and our eyes were locked. "Yes, i made a mistake as a child, and now I'm taking responsibility for it."

He sighed, "I support you as long as you think this is right."

"Zack, I don't think it's right. I know it's right." I said sitting next to him. He put his arms around my shoulders in a quiet embrace. That was when it hit me, I was going to see my daughter. I began to cry and Zack looked at me. "I'm going to see my daughter."

"I know baby. I know. You'll be glad you did. If I ever had a kid, I'd want to see it too."

We sat there, me crying on Zacky's bare shoulder until I fell asleep. I dreamed of my daughter and what she could possibly be like. Would she hate me? Love me? Be like me? Or will we be nothing alike at all? I'm scared, but I know this is right.
♠ ♠ ♠
not what you were expecting right? i wanted to throw you off a bit. did it work? ^__^