Status: Really slow because my life is crazy...<3

Beast and the Harlot

Telling the Group

I looked around to the faces of my friends and family. They all looked worried, I guess I sounded upset on the phone. Zack's grip on my waist tightened as he felt me tense up. My mom, who I hadn't seen in forever wasn't able to make it, but we used ooVoo, so she could hear the news. She never found out about me being pregnant. I was sent out to live with my aunt one year, she knew, took the knowledge to her grave too, but my mom did not know. I knew that something like that would have broke her heart. How would you feel if your fourteen year old daughter had gotten herself pregnant? I didn't want my mother to feel that way; I didn't want to see that pain on her face, knowing I caused it.

"So, why are we all here?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, Zacky didn't knock you up did he?" Val asked, causing me to laugh lightly.

"No Val, he didn't."

"Good, because then I'd have to kick his ass." Aydyn said smiling. He never knew either.

I took in a shaky breath. What I am about to say, could ruin my family, but I have to say it. Zacky pulled me closer to him. "You can do this. Everything will be alright." He whispered in my ear.

I nodded slightly before beginning. "OK, I don't want anyone to say anything until I'm finished." I started, looking at all of them to make sure they understood, "Um, about fourteen years ago..." I faltered and Zacky gave my side a light squeeze. "About fourteen years ago I had a baby." I said looking up to see a reaction from anyone. They all looked slightly uneased, but what they were feeling was nothing like I am feeling now. "I had a baby girl. I put her up for adoption and she went with this really great family. Two nights ago, during the big storm..." There were a couple groans, a few of us had our basements flooded form it. "...a man came to our house." I said looking at Zacky. "He was Detective Brown from NYPD. He told me that my daughter was looking for me. She's thirteen now, and had two options to either search for me or go back up for adoption. I'll explain what happened to her family. They all died in a fire. There were no other family members that were alive, and since she's a minor, they need to find her a guardian. Zack and I are going to go see her in a few hours." I said looking at Zacky. He told me he'd go for support if I wanted him to; I took him up on his offer.

I felt arms go around me and I looked around. Everyone had gotten up and engulfed me. We were this large huddle in the middle of the living room, me and Zacky in the center, his arm still around my waist.

Everyone sat down. Aydyn looked up at me. "You mean I have a niece?" He asked tears in his eyes, threatening to fall out, Ember was hugging his side.

"Yes Aydyn. You have a thirteen year old niece." As I said this, the tears couldn't be held back any longer. That was the first time I have ever seen my brother cry.

"Skylar." I heard my mother's voice and I looked at the computer screen.

"Yes mama."

"I have a grand-daughter? Why didn't you ever tell me about it? I wouldn't have been upset with you."

I heard shuffling, everyone was leaving me alone to talk to my mother, who was now crying.

"Mom, I know you wouldn't have been upset or fly off the handle, but I didn't want to see the disappointment in your eyes. That would have been much worse than anything. I never expected to see her again after I gave her away, but she needs me. I'm ready to take responsibility and raise my daughter." I said, tears now running down my face also. "I love you mama."

"I love you too baby-girl." She smiled. "I'm going to fly out there. Tell me the second she comes to live with you."

"Of course mama." I said smiling, thinking about meeting my daughter.

"So, I saw that man. Who is he?" My mom asked wiggling her eyebrows, causing me to laugh.

"My boyfriend, Zacky." I said. Zacky appeared at the door.

"You rang?" He asked laughing.

"Zachary James Baker, were you eaves dropping?"

"Nope, just heard my name."

"Zacky." I heard my mother say. The two of us looked at the screen. "Take care of my baby-girl." My mother said smiling.

Zacky looked at me and our eyes locked. "I wouldn't have it any other way." He said not breaking our eye-lock.

"Good, well sweety," She said breaking me away from Zacky. "I'm going to let you go."

"Alright mama. I love you and I'll call. Bye."

"Love you too." She said before the screen went black.

Zacky came over to me and helped me stand up. "Let's go everyone wants to know when they get to meet her."

I giggled, "I haven't even met her yet."

"I know."

I took about three hours to get everyone out. That gave us an hour to get ready and meet Detective Brown and my daughter. After getting ready, Zacky and I jumped in the car and pulled away.

We pulled up to the place we were meeting them. Zacky turned to look at me when he cut the engine.

"Skylar..." He said digging in his pocket.

"Yeah Zack?"

He pulled out a small black box and he looked up at me. "I'm tired of being your boyfriend, I want your daughter to call me dad, I want you to be my wife. Maybe not in a month, maybe not even a year. Personally, I'm OK with a long engagement, but will you marry me, someday?"

I was crying. He was asking me to marry him. Not necessarily now, or even in a year, but he wanted it. "Yes." I said in a squeaky voice. He smiled, slipping a ring on my left ring finger.

"Now, when you introduce me to your daughter, I can be your fiance', not just your boyfriend." He said smiling.

I crashed my lips to his, in the most passion filled kiss that I ever experienced. We pulled away. "We better go, we're gonna be late." Zack said with a grin plastered on his face. I nodded, exiting the car.

We walked into the government building, hand-in-hand. We walked up to the receptionist.

"Can I help you?" She asked sweetly. She was a woman of elder years.

"Yes, I'm here to meet with Detective Brown and my daughter."

She smiled. "Room 112. Down that hall and it's on the right." She said pointing to a hall. I took Zack's hand again and we made our way to meet my daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i thought i'd do the predictable thing on top of the unprdictable thing. tell me what you think.