For Every Notch In Your Bedpost

The Handsome Thing You Are All Feasting Your Eyes

The first couple of hours at Warped, Natalie, Nick and I saw: Cobra Starship, All Time Low, A Skylit Drive, Motion City Soundtrack and LoveHateHero. We also did a little some lurking and got pictures with the guys of UnderOath and Cute Is What We Aim For.
It was 2:20, so we made our way to the main stage, where Alesana was about to play, followed by Bring Me The Horizon. There was always a crowd of people in front of the main stage, so it took quite a bit of maneuvering to get towards the front. In our journey, the band started. "A touch of poison seals my fate. . ." And as the music started, people started moving.
I took advantage of the motion, grabbed Natalie's arm (and she then grabbed Nick) and I plowed our way through the people up to the front. Every push someone sent out way just helped us get to where we were going. By the time the song reached the end of the second chorus, we were in the front row (though slightly to there right, but hey, I'm not complaining). Just in time for the breakdown. I've been stuck in a pit during the breakdown, and it's not a pretty thing.
I sang and/or screamed along to every song they played. They ended their set with my favorite song by them: Apology.
"Dude, I wish I was a camel, so I wouldn't dehydrate so easily!" Natalie said.
"I know! It's as hot as balls here, especially with all the fucking people everywhere!" I agreed.
"I feel like a sardine. A sardine in a can that has been left in the sun. For a few days. Because these people REEK!" Nick yelled. I could tell it was directed towards the people right behind him. Their t-shirts were drenched in sweat. It was gross. But hey, it happens.
"I'm gonna go get water," Natalie said.
"Are you fucking insane?" I asked her.
Nick told her, "I hope you realize that if you go to get water now, you will not get back in here by the time BMTH goes up. Hell, you might not get up here at all."
"FAKK!" she said, "You're right."
"Don't worry. I'll get you water." I assured her.
"How?"
"Remember when we went to ETID, and we were against the barricade and you went to the bar to get water, and I stayed there and got myself a bottle of water?" I asked.
"Yeah. You never told me how you got it."
I nodded. "Yes I did. Whatever. Short story time with Kileigh: I asked one of the security guys for a bottle."
"Oh yeah."
"Yeah!" I told her, "Just get the attention of one of the security guys. But not a queefie looking one. Try to get one that looks cool. The guy I asked was like, wicked young. Looked like it was his first time doing it."
She waited for a security guy to walk by and she tapped him on the shoulder.
"What's up?" he asked.
"Hey, I was just wondering if you had a bottle of water I could steal a sip from. . .I feel like I'm gonna die in here," she told him.
"Yeah, yeah. No problem," he said, and walked over to a box of bottled water sitting on the side of the stage, grabbed one, and came back over. He uncapped it and gave it to her.
She drank half the bottle, and then offered it to Nick and I.
"Thanks so much," she told the guard, giving him the empty bottle.
"See, that was simple. And did not cost you $2.50."
The stage girls shake to make my heart come undone.
After a 15 minute set up, the musical stylings of Bring Me The Horizon began to pump from the speakers. First the bass, then the drums, and the guitar. Then, Mr. good-looking-to-the-left came onstage with a microphone in hand. He was definitely correct when he said that he would meet me here.
"Nat. . .look at mister-mister to the left, to the left!" I said.
"Oh, trust me honey, I'm looking!"
He began screaming the words into his microphone. His face was reddening, and he was getting sweaty. As if his looks weren't good enough, the way he confidently commanded the stage made him even sexier.
At the end of the first song, they introduced themselves.
"The man pounding on the drum kit, is Mr. Mat Nicholls," sexy screamer man said, and he told the crowd who everyone else was, point them out, "On guitars we have Curtis Ward and Lee. Strumming the bass over here, is Matt Kean. . .and the handsome thing you are all feasting your eyes on right now, well, my name is Oli Sykes."
There was a scream from the female members of the crowd. Oli smiled, and glanced down at me and winked. "For those of you who don't know, we are Bring Me the Horizon!" The music picked back up, as they continued their set.
Oli Sykes.
Oliver Sykes.
Oli Sykes from BMTH is Mr. good-looking-to-the left.
Oli Sykes wanted me to meet me for his set.
I'm so glad I was able to talk my way off punishment.