For Every Notch In Your Bedpost

I'munna Elbow Somebody In The Throat

During their set, Bring Me The Horizon made me a fan. What could I say? They were great. When they finished their set, Oli made the announcement that they would all be at their tent for a signing after they got off the stage. He looked at me while he said it.
"I think he wants you," Natalie said.
Nick added, "to go to the tent."
"Oh! Well, that too obviously. But seriously," she said, "Yummy, screamy, sweaty band guy Oli didn't take his eyes off you."
"Don't get my hopes up," I told her, and laughed, "C'mon. We have a merch tent to get to, before all the twelve year old girls get over there, and take pictures with him on their SideScenekicks."
As is turns out, getting out was harder than getting in. No one wanted to move out of your way, because they wanted to be able to grab the space you just left open. We managed to get out though, and when we arrived to our destination we found that we were at the end of the line, behind all sorts of little girls who couldn't even sit still because they were so excited that they were going to meet [insert BMTH member here] because "OMG he is soooooo HAWT!"
The line moved steadily, though slowly. And it was complimented by the occasional high-pitched, shrill scream by a girl who couldn't contain herself when she got a hug. I rolled my eyes. These little teeny-boppers who gauged their music taste based on how attractive the front man were going to be the death of me.
"I think I'm going to elbow the next fucking person who screams in the throat!" Natalie exclaimed. Several people ahead of us who heard her turned around, and glared at her. Some people laughed, because they agreed with her, and others began to look anxious.
"Calm down," Nick advised, "The line is moving. Nearly there."
"Fuck waiting," she told him, "I didn't even really like them that much. Well, I liked them but their music, not so much. I'm going to head over to the SmartPunk tent. It's like three down. I'll meet you back over here."
"See you later then," I told her, and she stepped out of the line and walked away.
When me and Nick finally got our chance to meet the guys, I stood in front of where Oli was sitting. He was looking down at a poster he was signing.
"Hey, hey, hey," I said. He looked up and flashed the most amazing smile I had ever seen.
"Hello there," he said, "You enjoy our set? I saw you right up front."
"That you did. And, of course. You're band is pretty sick, Oli," I told him.
"You know my name, and I don't know yours," he observed, "That's not fair."
I laughed, "I suppose not, huh? My name is Kileigh, and this is Nick."
"Nick?"
"Nick."
"Nick is your. . .?"
"Friend," Nick said, answering the question.
"Oh, ok. Hey, do you guys want to stick around for a bit?"
"Yes!" I said, a bit too quickly. Nick reminded me about Natalie. "Oh yeah. Oli, our friend is at the SmartPunk tent." He looked disappointed. I didn't like seeing him upset. "but she did say that she'd meet us over here when she was done. . ."
"So, it's a plan then. Come back here and grab a chair, and as soon as this si done we can go hang."
"Sounds spectacular."
Nick and I walked around the table and let the people behind us who were waiting patiently have their turn. We were sitting, when I heard the sounds of an acoustic guitar. I started paying attention to what was being sung to it, and heard the familiar lyrics, "You have been followed back to the same place I sat with you drink for drink. . ."
The Academy Is. . . was playing an acoustic set. I glanced over to the general direction where the SmartPunk tent was, and sure enough, they were performing underneath it. I saw Natalie's bright red hair among the crowd. Right in front of where William Beckett was belting out his words. I'm sure that her day has just been made.
I started singing along to the words under my breath, along with the words to the next two songs that they did. The signing ended, and Oli gave me a strange look. "You listen to them?"
"My guilty pleasure," I explained, "I'm sure you listen to some music that you aren't exactly proud of."
"You're right," he agreed, "Don't tell anyone, but I'm a sucker for a Paramore song."
"Lies."
"Yeah, basically," he laughed, "But in all seriousness, I am a Lil' Wayne fan."
"I can respect that."
"You two ready to get out of here?" he asked.
I had forgot that Nick was with me. "Yeah, definitely, we just have to go snag Nat away from one of her favorite bands."
"What are some of her other favorites?"
"Fall Out Boy." Oli cringed, and I couldn't help but laugh.
I had Nick go get Nat. I wasn't about to fight my way through all those kids. He emerged form the crowd moments later, with Natalie on his arm. "Why'd you break me away from that?" she asked, but when she set sights on Oli, she said "Oh! Hey!"
"Hello," he replied. I think that learning about her music taste turned him off to her a bit.
To help stop any awkward silence that would occur, I asked, "So, did you get your groupie on?"
She sighed, "Unfortunately, I did not. But it seems you have been far more lucky than I have."
"Lucky isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind," I informed her, then directed my attention back to Oli (I can't believe I was able to avert my attention from him), "Now that we're all together, what are we going to do?"