For Every Notch In Your Bedpost

In The Belly Of A Shark

We walked with Oli through the grounds of the pavilion, getting jealous looks from girls and guys alike. I felt like scene royalty, and I wasn't sure I was liking it too much. We made our way back up to the front board.
"What time is it?" he asked.
I pulled my cell phone out of my bra (it was the safest place to keep it) and glanced at the screen. "Quarter past four," I told him.
He looked at the schedule and scanned the board for a decent band playing at that time. "Gallows?" he asked.
I smiled, "They are frickin' great. Let's do it."
"Are we gonna be up front?" Nick asked.
"We're gonna be backstage, I don't feel like having all sorts of people ass-fucking me while we watch," Oli informed us.
Natalie sighed. "Gallows?" she asked, "Couldn't we see. . .Cute Is What We Aim For or something? They're playing at the same time."
Oli shot me a look. I took Natalie to the side.
"Are you fucking insane? You would pick Cute Is What We Aim For over backstage for Gallows?" I asked her. She nodded. My jaw dropped. This girl needed to get her priorities in order. "Why?"
"Because Shaant is amazingly good looking, and I love his voice and I know the words to their songs and I like their songs," she explained, "And because since we've been here, the only bands I got to see that I actually wanted to see were Cobra, ATL and TAI. And TAI was on accident. I paid twenty-five bucks to get in, and I'm not getting nearly as much out of it as you and Nick are."
I could see her point, but what did she expect was going to happen? Me and Nick listen to the same type of music, so everything was gonna be two-thirds vote against her. Well, not everything, but most of it. I felt bad though. I was her friend, as she consented to being dragged along to all the bands she wasn't really into.
I guess I would sacrifice Gallows.
Backstage for Gallows.
Backstage for Gallows with Oli Sykes.
We walked back over to where the guys were. "Hey, Oli, I actually think we are going to go see Cute," I told him regrettably. I was going to beat myself up over this.
Nick saw the look on my face, "How about I go see Cute with Nat, and you go see Gallows?"
Oli smiled. "That is a great idea Nate."
"Nick."
"Oops."
"Yeah."
"But, it's still a good idea."
"That it is," I said. The best idea I have heard all day. I turned to Natalie and gave her a hopeful look. "What do you say?" I asked her. I hope that she'll realize how much I wanted this.
She smiled, "Sounds good."
I gave her a hug, "Thanks!"
"We're probably gonna hang out there after their set, so if you wanna just come over when Cute Is blahblahblah is done?" Oli asked her.
She nodded. "See you two later," she told us.
Her and Nick walked off, and Oli grabbed my hand and dragged me away.
He had soft hands.
We made it to the stage, and he flashed a security official his laminate and we went backstage, where there was a sea of people. The guys of Gallows were about to go on, so we went up onto the side of the stage. The best view ever. You could see all the kids, and you would see the band perfectly.
I noticed that Oli still held my hand in his.