Shut Me Up

A Wake In California

October 16, 2008

A closed coffin, with a room full of people staring at it. I didn’t pay attention to the things the preacher said or the eulogy that Jimmy gave. Or where in the graveyard they were buried. All that occupied my mind was the things that happened, and why she thought she had to do the things she did. If she didn’t then karma wouldn’t have bit her in the ass. I know I really shouldn’t be bad-mouthing a dead woman but really, do you think things would have happened the way they did if she hadn’t have tried to kill me?

Karma is a bitch.

The wake or party afterwards was relative shit for me. It was basically all of Chantal’s family, Morningwood, and to my some what relief Kit, Steve and Lyn was there. But it didn’t help the dirty looks I kept getting from Chantal’s family when I was around Jimmy. I shouldn’t care, but it kind of hurts when your fiancé isn’t the one to put their arm over your shoulder and pull you out of the house and talk you down.

Yeah, he was kind of busy talking up the ex-in-laws. So Lyn, my ever faithful best friend took her role, “So, how you holding up?”

“Wow, um let’s see. Chantal and her baby just died and Jimmy is still acting as if he’s part of the family, and I’m due like really soon by the looks of it,” I looked down at my beyond-belief huge stomach. If I didn’t know better I’d say there were twins.

“How can you expect him not? Especially now? When she did just die? The weren’t expecting this to happen-no one did. They expected the little boy to come home, and they were shocked by the divorce and your arrival. It’s not like you have to get used to them anyways. Jimmy’s mom already loves you so what more do you want?” She explained as I rubbed my stomach slowly. Lately Remmy has been moving a lot.

“I don’t know. I mean yeah, they weren’t expecting this-any of this. I didn’t even want this, but she-she I don’t know. I guess it’ll be over soon, right?” She nodded. Just then Jimmy walked out of the house.

“Hey, you wanna head back home?” I nodded and grabbed his hand as I waved good-bye to Lyn and we walked down the pathway.

“So, did they maul you?” Jimmy asked as he helped me in the car.

“Eh, not too bad, no scars.” I laughed.

“That’s good.” He put the car in drive and started out to the highway.

October 31, 2008

“PUSH!”

“I AM PUSHING! YOU MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE!” I glared at the doctor and Jimmy as both were yelling at me to keep pushing. I screamed as I pushed again. My grip on Jimmy’s hand became, if possible tighter. I felt as if I was goin to pass out. Why did I pass up on the drugs? Damn myself.

“Come on Reba just one more and Remmy’s here!” It just clicked in my head to get over with the pain that way I can hold my baby. I pushed with everything I had left and then I collapsed on the bed. After a few minutes it was completely silent except for the sounds of the monitors and the doctors working. It started to scare me. And then out of the clear blue-

“WAAAAAAHHHHH!”

I could feel the tears start and then after another minute they hand me Remmy all naked and still a bit covered in blood, but I didn’t care. I felt brand new, I felt like a mother. Jimmy came around and kissed both of our heads. It was so cute I really couldn’t stop crying.

A few hours later, I lay in a new bed in a different room (it was clean thank god). Remmy was in the nursery just so she could be cleaned a bunch and checked and get herself fully checked out. I never thought I could be so happy, I had the greatest friends, though- Frank was a bit mad he had to share his birthday, but it was all good, everyone came by earlier. And I had the world’s greatest soon-to-be husband. We decided to wait till after Remmy was born to have the wedding. I think, sometime in late November- early December? That’s good. And as I curl up into him right now I can sleep peacefully knowing he loves me, I have a healthy beautiful baby girl and there’s no psycho bitch after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
BEST BLOGMITZVAH IS BACK!
NO MORE QUESTIONS ALLOWED!
BEST BLOGMITZVAH PART2