Nobody's Princess

Bright Sunny Yellow Cottage

Ashlee was in a daze as she walked down the creek bed with her hand in Edward's. She couldn't believe that all of what her parents wanted could feel like this. But she wasn't planning on getting married. She was planning on staying away from her parents till her 18th birthday. Only a few 11 months away as of today.

"What are you thinking about?" Edward asked her and she smiled mainly to herself.

"Us and what it feels like."

"What does us feel like?"

"Bliss." Ashlee responded with one word dreamily.

"Really?" Edward's shocked reply made Ashlee look into his eyes.

"Yes. It feels like I am all yellow and glowy and that my parents are just flies and not big wildabeasts trying to ruin my life." Ashlee said and smiled at him. "Don't worry." She said and Edward smiled back.

"I have nothing to worry about Ash." Edward said and Ashlee's smiled wavered.

"What did you just call me?"

"Ash." Edward said indifferently, looking up at the sky at that point in their conversation. He hadn't thought about his words as carefully as he should've, but the nickname he had for her was just an instinct that he had picked up.

"Why?" Ashlee asked so simply it startly him. He looked back down at her and was surprised by the glee he found on her face.

"It just suits you. Why?" Edward repeated the question she had just asked and she smiled.

"I've never been allowed a nickname before. Always Ashlee. Never anything else. Kinda how I dressed. Though I kinda am not liking this whole black thing. But I am not wearing any skirts or dresses in the near future. Just not happening." Ashlee said and laughed. Edward joined her.

"Well, Ash. This looks like this relationship could actually work out." Edward said once they had managed to compose themselves of their hysterical laughter.

"Yes. I think so too."

***

Ashlee looked at her room and sighed. It was just too bare. Maybe she could get a house. A small cottage. Ireland has plenty of those. She had visited here before. Maybe...

Ashlee picked up her new cell phone and dialed Edward's number. She heard the ringing on the other end and waited impatiently. No answer the first time, so she tried again.

"Hello?" Ashlee heard Edward's calm cool voice on the other end and her heart flipped over. But she ignored it for the time being.

"Hey Edward... How are you? I hope your doing good. Hey, I was thinking...think you could get me a cottage to live in. A nice bright yellow one?" Ashlee rattled on and she couldn't see him, but he was smiling. He had been waiting for her to call him for something. That meant she trusted him, which was one step further to getting her home.

"Wait. What? Repeat that whole paragraph slower." Edward said and Ashlee laughed.

"Sorry. Ok. Here it goes but slower: Hey Edward... How are you? I hope your doing good. Hey, I was thinking...think you could get me a cottage to live in. A nice bright yellow one?" Ashlee repeated but slower.

"A cottage. A bright yellow one?" Edward repeated. She wanted to move again to a little bigger place, but not much bigger. But it was permanent. He just had a feeling it was to hide out in until she turned 18.

"Yeah. I was thinking maybe I could hide out here until I turn 18." she said. She hadn't meant for it to slip out, but she trusted him now. Scary thought. I actually trust somebody.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.Edward thought, smiling. He had nailed that one right into the basket.

"Yeah. I guess I could. Why can't you again..." he trailed off.

"I'm still a minor. Need parents. Your 18, non-minor. Don't need parent. And you have money... that I can so pay you back once I am 18. Please please please!" Ashlee begged.

"Ok, I guess. Sure. I'll get you a nice bright yellow cottage."

"Thanks Edward! I owe you hugely!" Ashlee said and hung up.

Now how am I supposed to get her home faster? Edward thought and grimly smiled. I don't think I am.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! An update all for you!
I'll try to update more tomorrow!
Love,
Payton