Nobody's Princess

The Bliss Will Soon End

It seemed to have happened so fast I couldn't even think back to my life without Edward. I mean, I remember the disgust at the parties and the lifestyle, but I don't remember going through the motions without him. I was so close to him, that he was a part of my life now. I sincerely loved him, and he loved me as well. Who knew an arranged marriage would actually work for me? I ran away to get away from everything and he followed. He actually followed me, and we have learned about each other in ways I didn't fully comprehend.

It has been three month, three nice long months with the man I have come to realize is the love of my life. We lived together, we shopped together and we went into the town together. We hold each others hands, we kiss each other lightly in public and we are lovey dovey. I remember when I couldn't do that with any guy. Man, Edward has really snuck his way past my defenses. Everyone in town says we are meant to be. Maybe they are right?

"Honey, I asked you a question." Edward spoke softly in my ear as we stood in front of a shop window, looking in.

"Huh? Sorry! What did you ask?" I spoke up after clearing my throat.

"Did you want to go into the store?" He smiled down at me as I leaned into him, my fingers intertwined with his. I glanced into the store window, focusing not on my thoughts but on the actual contents of the store. It had herbs strewn around the window and it looked like a witch's shop, filled with vials and bottles of liquids. It looked really interesting.

"Sure, if you want to! Maybe we could get a reading of our future!" I exclaimed and made my way to the door, dragging Edward behind me.

We walked in and a scent of bread wafted to my nose and I blinked a few times, my brain trying to put the smell with the looks of the store. The store inside looked dark, musty, damp and deserted. Edward stopped short behind me and whistled.

"Ummm, maybe we should leave and come back later, when it seems more crowded." I stated slowly but didn't feel Edward move behind me. I turned my head slightly to look at his face. His facial expressions told me he wanted to look around and I just sighed. I took a few more steps inside the store and stopped when I heard a noise.

"Why hello there young ones! You have come to my store for a purpose right? Step right over here, and let me tell you what you want to know." A raspy, feminine voice called behind the counter. I strained my eyes to look and finally saw an older woman, in her early 50's standing, watching me and Edward. I felt compelled to walk towards her and felt myself take the first step. Edward tugged my hand slightly, telling me he was unsure. I kept going and he reluctantly followed suit. I made it to the counter when she offered her hand to me, gesturing for me to do the same. I offered her my right hand, the one not entwined with Edwards and she shook her head slightly. I took my left hand out of Edward's and gave it to her. She grabbed it and took a couple seconds to compose her thoughts.

"You have gone through a lot little one, but you still have a lot to overcome. Do not let the unimportant people make the difference that will make or break you. You know the truth, but the bliss will soon end." She whispered. She took her hand back suddenly, letting my left hand drop to the suprisingly clean glass countertop. I snapped my hand back, startled at her sudden movement. Edward moved closer to me, standing in what seemed like a protective stance. The lady took one glance at me, and then at Edward and realization dawned on her face.

"You, I am afraid will cause much turmoil, but you might win what you treasure most in the end." She stated and then looked at me again. "Do not lose hope, that is the only thing you have to keep at this point, my darling. Now go back to what you have now, because in a short while you will lose the bliss you feel now." With those words she drifted back to her backroom, and closed the door. I stared after her and opened, then closed my mouth. I was unsure of what she was saying, but was also unsure if I was capable of speaking. Edward took my hand in his again and without saying a word, led me out of the store and into the street. No one looked twice at us as we entered the sunlight again. As we began to walk back to the mini cooper we had managed to buy, I looked behind me to find the store was closed. I turned back and looked up at Edward. He smiled down at me, as if that hadn't just happened.

We got into the car and drove back to the little yellow cottage we shared. He opened the car door to let me out and walked me up the path to the front door. He opened it and let me enter first. He kissed me on the forhead and then went to his room. I walked slowly to mine, sat down on my bed, and realized I had been left alone with my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, and I don't know if my original readers are still on here, but I am going to start writing again because I feel I need to get back to this.