Nobody's Princess

Surprise!

"Ashlee, honey. We have some news for you..." Ashlee's mother said the next morning.

Please don't be another party. Pleasepleaseplease!!!

"And you might take this the right way or not but..."

"Mom, Dad... just come right out and say it." How bad could it be that their a little standoffish about this? Ashlee said and thought.

"Your going to be engaged. To one of three men. And we haven't decided but were pretty sure who we're going to choose!" Ashlee's father blurted and her mouth fell open.

"Are you kidding me?" Ashlee stood up and stood up fast. "No! I will marry no one until I meet them and approve." Ashlee's voice began to rise.

"You don't have a choice. We decide your stuck with him." Her mother defended the situation and Ashlee blew up.

"You know what? Maybe I wanna fall in love like you two did, maybe I want to live my life in Ireland, in Rome... someplace away from you, away from money, away from this whole lifestyle. I Don't Want To Marry Anyone..." Ashlee yelled and then with tears streaming down her face she ran out of the room before her parents could comment on her statement... it was actually more of a screaming match and Ashlee would like to think she won, even though she had only had a go before letting her parents scream with her. More like at her though.

"What are they thinking?" Ashlee yelled at the ceiling once she was in her room. She went to her bed and flopped down on it. She grabbed the nearest pillow, stuffed her face in it and screamed the loudest scream she could manage. She pulled up for air and then went back to screaming. Once she had let all the screams out of her Lea walked in and stopped dead in the doorway.

"What on God's earth did they do to you this time to make you look like... that." Lea supplied. In all actuality Ashlee looked horrible. While she was screaming she was crying and while she was crying her dress was getting rumpled and while her dress was getting rumpled her hair was falling out of place.

"I'm getting married. To a nobody. To somebody that I don't know and to somebody I don't love." Ashlee sniffled and Lea rushed over to her.

"That's not what you want love is it?" Lea asked, but she already knew the answer.

"Of course not. I wanted to go travel, to feel the sun on my feet, to know what the other part of the world looked like. To get away from money, cars, to go towards freedom and a better place. I wanted to get rid of this lifestyle that was so graciously given to me. I may sound ungrateful but... I don't wanna be rich. My parents never noticed my achievements, or if they did they only noticed because they could brag to their friends. This isn't the life I wanted and this isn't what I want Lea. Not at all. And because I'm not 17 they can decide if I marry or not... and they decide all the decisions I have till I turn 18. And thats another year, 3 weeks and 2 days. " Ashlee ranted while Lea re-did the air she had worked to perfection that morning. Lea sighed and wiped away Ashlee's tears, giving up on the hair.

"Let's go fix your appearance and then you can just take a breather. Maybe visit that room you love so much. " Lea said and winked at Ashlee. Usually Ashlee would feel better at that but she didn't.

"Where's my life leading to? And why don't I have any control over it?" Ashlee asked aloud and sighed.

"No one will ever know the answer to that question until it actually happens. Let's get that hair fixed now. So over to the vanity." Lea said and pushed Ashlee to the chair in front of the Vanity.

The reason you have no control, love, is your slef obsorbed parents, afraid of what you will do if you did have control. Over-controling coniving parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys! Keep them coming!