Nobody's Princess

Running away, or at least...trying to.

Ashlee was all primped and looked better then she had earlier. Her mother had come in, or tried to but Lea swept her away and Ashlee wouldn't talk to her. Then her father had come in and the same thing happened. Ashlee wasn't talking to them, for she couldn't accept the fact that she would marry. So what if she didn't have a boyfriend at that very moment? So what if she was going to go away soon anyways? Why did she have to marry? Why did it matter that she should marry? Didn't her feelings count? Didn't her beliefs count? Her dreams? Her reality? Apparently not to her parents. Her parents had to keep a tight leash on her life, and they were never letting go.

Ashlee hid in her secret room for most of the day. Her parents had gone to a party... well several strings of parties and Ashlee told Lea she had claimed to be sick. So her parents left without a complaint.

"I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone..." Ashlee stopped singing and looked disgustedly at the words she had just written as she sang them. "Well My Chemical Romance. I'm not ready to keep on living. I am very afraid... and I wish I could walk this world alone. It certainly feels like it, so why can't it be my reality?" Ashlee said to herself. She sighed and pressed play on her iPod.

My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco played out and she jammed to it, hoping her mood would pick up. But of course it didn't. Nothing could boost her spirits until she knew for certain she wasn't marrying anyone and that she could just leave the house with no questions asked, for she had no answers to give.

"Sometimes, I wish i could just slink away..." Ashlee muttered and an idea came to her head. I could run away. Nobody would miss me... Ashlee thought, but she didn't know she was wrong. Her parents would miss her... only because they want her for social status, Lea would miss her. Her friends would miss her... a lot of people would miss her, but she didn't think of them. She thought about herself.

"I do whatever it takes to please everybody surrounding me and I'm done. I don't care who I marry. Even if it is Edward or William. No, I am done and am ready to take on the world. Without money, and without my parents." Ashlee said proudly but she said it to nobody in particular. "Great I am talking to myself now." Ashlee snuck all her things out of her room in a MCR duffel bag and managed to swipe a few luxury items she couldn't live without. Soap, shampoo, some jewelry but not a ton. Clothes, and of course some lip gloss and some medicine and band aides. It all fit into one bag and she was happy. She left the bag by the door in her room and went to her fathers study. She knew she would need at least some money. Plane ticket to Ireland, food, for necessities for when she did get to Ireland or ran out. And most importantly for room and board. she would only take 2,000 dollars from her fathers safe. Not like he would count it and miss it. He had billions all over the world in banks, stocks, art, companies. Ashlee didn't feel anything when she broke her dad's code for the safe and took the money she needed out of it. She also had airline miles she could use. Her father made her an account and she flew all over America. But never across the country. But he had the miles, she could use them. And she would so be out of there before somebody would call the authorities or her parents when she does get caught missing.

She went back to her room and stuffed the money in her bag. She grabbed a MCR jacket and put it on. She picked the bag up and started the descend down the stairs, and straight out the door. Nobody was on guard at the front door, for she was sick and her parents were out. Who would need to watch the door?She shut the front door quietly and marched to her own beat to the park first. She sat down on the swings and really contemplated her leaving.

Should I go? Should I stay? Should I do what my brain tells me? Or my heart? were the questions that kept looping around and round in Ashlee's mind as she sat there and swung. She didn't hear the car, or the car door and she didn't hear the footsteps. It was too late when she realized she wasn't alone, and too late when she tried to swing around. The person behind her had grabbed her and covered her mouth. There must have been an accomplice because her bag was picked up, but both hands were on her trying to hold her till they got to the car. Ashlee had cried out, but no use since she was muffled by the hand. She wriggled and tried to get free but it didn't work. The man was too strong for her.

I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die! What do they want? My parents will pay any ransom... any! Maybe it was a bad idea to run away. Ashlee thought again and again and when she was thrown into the back of the car with an oof and then heard the person who had had her get in she scrambled back up and tried the other door.

"Locked love, sorry bout this." A sweet voice said with sincere sympathy in his voice. Wait, Ashlee had heard that voice before. Sometime last night. And then it dawned on her. That was Edward's voice. Ashlee slowly turned around.

"What the hell was that for? Why are you kidnapping me? Are you acting like your really rich to get to know me last night and then are really poor, so you get to know me and come and kidnap me so you can actually get rich? You know, so far nobody has been able to capture me because they are wimpy, but you... you are strong and I totally resent that now." Ashlee said all in one breath and glowered at Edward.

"I had to. You wouldn't have talked to me anyways."

"Why not?" Ashlee said through clenched teeth.

"Cause, well you know."

"Um... apparently not for I have no clue why I would so ignore you and totally not talk to you." Ashlee said and blinked a few times when he sighed and opened then closed his mouth.

"Well, because I'm one of the three that your parents are choosing from..."

"Choosing for what?" Ashlee then got it and her eyes narrowed. "Wait, for my fiance? And you knew? And you didn't tell me last night???" Ashlee was getting really supremely pissed. She felt like she was about to explode.

"Well, yeah. And I totally have really no say in the matter, but after meeting you I'm all for it." Edward said quickly but Ashlee was a step ahead of him.

'What if I'm not for it? I'm so not ready to get married? I was so on my way to leave, and now I can't do that. Cause 1) you've kidnapped me, 2) you actually want to marry me, so you aren't gonna let me go and 3) you know I'm leaving so you could so call my parents up even if I did get away from you. " Ashlee ranted and she didn't notice the bemused look on the drivers face or the shocked expression of Edwards face.

"I-I'm sorry." Edward said. " I had no clue you didn't want to marry."

"Didn't I tell you last night my parents had this evil scheme? Didn't you say you feel the same way? What about the I don't really want this lifestyle did you not get? What part of I wanna be single and go to Ireland did you not get?" Ashlee screamed and the driver and Edward winced. Ashlee noticed that there was a button to unlock the car right in her reach. She contemplated pressing it and making a break for it. With her bag which was by her feet.

She inched closer. Edward didn't seem to notice and Ashlee was gleeful.

Maybe I can make it. Ashlee lunged forward, pressed the button, grabbed her bag and shot out the door before Edward could even think What? She shot over a filed and heard Edward screaming at her to slow down, to be reasonable and to stop. Ashlee heard the footsteps getting louder and a car in close pursuit. But she wasn't gonna let them take her, no she wasn't. But then a hand snaked around her waist and she was done for the count. She was on the ground and rolling.

Someone had tackled her and that someone better not be Edward. Ashlee thought as she went to look at her tackler.
♠ ♠ ♠
there. A bit longer then the others, hope you guys like it!