Nobody's Princess

A new Friend

I couldn't believe it. I was in the airport terminal in Ireland. I grabbed my duffel bag off of the baggage claim and then made my way to the exit. I was free. I was in Ireland. Nobody would suspect me here. Nobody would know where I was and even if the lady at the airport told them where I went, they wouldn't be able to find me. My image was my image, not my parents anymore. So, she probably wouldn't tell because I would look nothing like the girl they would show in the pictures on t.v. or in newspapers.

"Excuse me Miss. Do you know where I could find a toilet?" A tourist asked me. I turned around and smiled at the girl who had asked me. She was about my age, medium brown hair and almost my height. She looked friendly.

"Let me show you. I'm not really good at giving directions. I see it in my head, but can't tell you anything." I laughed and so did the girl. "My name is Ashlee by the way. What's yours?" They started walking towards the bathroom and Ashlee glanced sideways at the girl.

"My name's Kate. You don't sound like your from around here..." Kate trailed off and I smiled.

"I'm from the USA. But, I wanted a change of scenery."

"But, aren't you just a minor? Like me?" Kate asked and I smirked.

"Yeah, but when your running away, people don't pay much attention to that. People think I'm on vacation. It works. And will work till I'm ready to face my parents again." I sighed and Kate didn't say anything.

"Well here it is Kate. Nice to meet you." I said and began to walk off.

"Wait! Where are you staying?" Kate asked.

"At a B+B, just down the road." I answered and Kate's face brightened up.

"So am I! Maybe we could meet up and hang out?" I nodded and Kate walked into the bathroom and I walked off smiling. Today was a good day. And I met someone who didn't question why I ran away, or what I was running away from.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. Please comment!