Lyric.

Procedures Interrupted

Quinn Allman sits behind the table that contains three of his closest friends. He taps his pen against its surface and waits for the picture to reach him.

He watches it move down the row. Bert signs it and passes it to Dan. Dan mimics him and passes it on to Jeph. Jeph takes it, scribbles his name across the top, and hands it to Quinn.

Quinn places the tip of his pen against the photo. He lets his hand form the letters he's written a thousand times before. Q-u-i-n-n A-l-l-m-a-n. He then passes it on to the smiling teenage boy standing above him.

Quinn turns to watch the process repeat itself. Again and again.

Except it doesn't.

It stops when he sees her. She's sitting against the brick wall of the theater. Staring straight ahead, she's still and unmoving.

Quinn freezes.

Her face. Something about it makes him stop. He feels as if he should know her face as well as he knows his own.

Jeph clears his throat and nudges Quinn's shoulder. Quinn turns to him surprised, but Jeph just hands him another photograph. He looks down as he signs his name across it, ashamed that he interrupted the procedure.

After handing the autographed picture to another fan, Quinn lets his eyes wander. He searches for the girl. He sharply draws in a breath when his gaze meets hers.

She notices him.

He watches as she stands and steps slowly towards the table. She moves agilely through the crowd, careful not to push or shove. She stands in front of Quinn, the table between them, and lets him examine her.

He takes note of her features: her dark wavy hair, her gray-green eyes, and her ivory skin. She has a splatter of pale freckles across her nose and long eyelashes framing her wide eyes.

She grabs a scrap of paper and Quinn's pen from the table in front of her. Quinn watches as she scrawls something across the page.

She's left handed.

Realization strikes Quinn in an instant. He doesn't need the paper that she pushes towards him to know who she is. But he looks at it anyways. He sees the familiar scribble forming the name he remembers now.

Lyric Izabel Edwards
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!
....I have nothing to write in here....
Comments would be lovely!