Close to the Heart

Selfish Little Twit

I woke up bright and early on Sunday morning. I opened my eyes and adjusted them to the light that was seeping through my window. As I sat up in bed, I pulled my long, blonde hair into a ponytail. Stretching I pulled my covers off of me and walked out of my room.

I entered the kitchen where my dad was currently making breakfast that could be smelled for miles away. Pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast; I wondered what the occasion was.

“Morning Dad,” I said as I sat down at my usual seat.

“Good morning my love, and how are you this beautiful morning?”

“I’m good, what’s with all of the food?”

“Well, we’re leaving for camp tomorrow, thought I’d be nice and make you all of your favorites.” I knew my dad better; he was hiding something and this was why he made everything I love to eat for breakfast.

“Dad, just tell me what you’re going to tell me later.” My dad flipped a pancake and turned around to face me.

“Now what on earth are you talking about? Can’t a father make his daughter a nutritious breakfast?” I laughed.

“Dad.”

“Well, you know how we’re going to camp tomorrow, right?” I nodded. “Well, we’re having a guest teacher coming!”

“And who’s that?” My dad served a bunch of food on a plate and handed it to me.

“Ah, look read the newspaper today.” He put the newspaper next to my plate and I glanced at it. None other than the famous Shane Gray’s face was plastered on the front.

“Ew, I don’t care about Shane, Dad.” My dad muttered something that sounded like ‘Well, he’s coming to Camp Rock.’

“Dad, what did you just say?”

“Shane will be joining us at camp.”

“What! Dad! No way! You can’t let him come to camp! He’s a selfish little twit and I refuse to be in his presence.” My dad laughed. “This is not a laughing matter father!”

“I’m laughing because he said the same thing; well Nate told me it was something like that.” I groaned. I knew this was going to be the worst summer – ever.

*

“Shane, my man, what’s the hap?” my dad said as Shane Gray walked into our cabin. I wanted to throw both my dad and Shane in the lake. I was not pleased at the moment.

“Yeah, hi Uncle Brown,” Shane replied rudely as he walked into the cabin ignoring me completely and throwing his bags on his bed.

Uncle Brown? My dad was far from his uncle. The only reason he calls my dad that is because my dad pretty much raised Shane since his father died. I am so glad I am not related to him or I’d end up murdering myself. Okay, that was a little drastic but who cares?

“Bella, aren’t you going to say hi?” I glared at my dad as I filed my nails. “Isabella?”

“What father?” I looked up and saw Shane sitting on his bed staring at me. “Oh, I thought the room felt a little stuffy, you know with his big ego in here and all.”

“That was a great comment Isabella, you sure haven’t changed.”

“I know, you’re the one that did you big, fat-”

“Okay, guys, chill out. Bella why don’t you go find Barron and Sander? I’m pretty sure everyone’s down in the mess hall.” I huffed as I stood up and tossed my nail filer on the floor. I opened the door and slammed it shut as I made my way to the mess hall.

Everyone was in there of course and it was fairly easy to find my two best friends, Barron James and Sander Lawyer. They looked pumped up as always which made me smile for the first time in twenty-four hours.

“Hola mi amore,” Barron said as I walked up to the twosome. He pulled me into a hug.

“Hey guys, how are you?”

“Great now you’re here. Where’ve you been?” Sander gave me a hug which I gladly returned.

“I was with my dad.” I huffed.

“And?”

“You know that Shane Gray guy? Well, he’s here now. Git.” They both laughed and I rolled my eyes. “I’m going outside, care to join?” They nodded as we all walked out of the mess hall and went to sit by the lake.

“What’s up with you and that Shane guy? He seems cool, minus the attitude,” Sander said.

“We used to be best friends until he got famous,” I replied.

“No way! You used to be friends with the Shane Gray?” I nodded. “That’s cool.”

“More like no, I hate him now.”

“You don’t think maybe you’re just jealous of him?” Barron asked. I rolled my eyes.

“No Barron, I’d never be jealous of that imbecile.”

“Okay, okay, no need to get huffy. It was just a question.” I laughed.

“You guys are great, but why are you all sweaty?”

“We just danced in there a few minutes ago, you missed it!” I laughed

“Did you fall?”

“Us? We never fall; you should know that by now.”

“Look, its Prince Charming himself coming over here,” Sander said.

“Ugh, guys make him go away.” Sander and Barron both looked over at Shane and laughed.

“Too late.”

“Your dad’s looking for you and just to let you know I’m not going to be his little gopher fetching you whenever he needs you.” I completely ignored him as I stared into the lake.

“I’m talking to you.” Even his voice made my blood boil. “Fine, be a stupid, stuck up brat, I could care less.” Shane huffed as he walked away towards the cabins.

“You see why I hate him? He’s so irritating!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is just a small idea that popped into my head. Should I keep going or what?
Comments appreciated!
<3