Operator

005

You know when I think about what’s happened in the past of my life and what might knock me out in the future, it really scares me.

I’ve got the anger issues, the therapist I don’t like and the job that most innocent people would like to never come across in their time. I think the world loser sums me up pretty nicely.

I mean like, seriously, I’m tied up and gagged to a four year contract that just happened to come with an infinite amount of desperate men and I haven’t even done my time for half of it.

Plus a majority of my calls are from eccentric old ladies who want to buy that new hair piece by phone to impress their boyfriends at the nursing home, only to find them six feet under the next day.

You know, come to think of it... I really need to get that train of through off its track before I explode from all these run on sentences in my brain.

Right now, I’m doing my daily couch potato routine by flicking through the TV, waiting for my next call and the streak of lightening to come down and kill me. Unfortunately, only the first happened.

“’Lo?” I mumble into the receiver, chewing on my thumbnail and lowering the volume on the screen.

“Hey Iero,” Gordon’s voice oozes from the holes in the plastic.

“Yeah, hey… what do you want?”

The thing I’ve learned from my boss for the past year is that to always get to the point, he’ll bite your head off if you lollygag.

“Nothing, nothing,” he says, sniffing, “you just got some real big numbers last night.”

I zone out for a second from watching a dancing banana pirouette across the screen. “I uh… I did?”

“Yeah, you did,” Gordon replies with a hint of question in his voice. It’s silent for a few moments and I turn the channel again.

“And?”

He sighs and gets straight to what he’s getting at, “you had a nearly three hour session yesterday from the same line.”

“That’s such a problem because?” I mutter into the receiver, my eyes never leaving the television.

“You know I don’t like it when you get all talky with the customers.”

“Hardly,” I retort, snorting, “the guy was just troubled and wanted someone to listen.”

“That’s what mothers are for!”

“Look, Gordon,” I state, shaking my head and chuckling from his stupidity. “It was only a phone call and besides, he paid you anyway—“

“I don’t care,” he snapped, venom dripping from his voice. “Next time he calls, tell him you’re busy or I’ll make your contract longer!” and with that, he abruptly hung up his phone, leaving me sitting there lonely with the dial tone.

“Figures,” I sigh, flipping the phone shut and leaving the screen on some food network channel. “The cranky son of a bitch."

I don’t know what crawled up his ass, I really don’t. I mean, he was still getting his money and I was still one of his best six.

I decide to ignore Gordon’s demand due to the fact that I definitely don’t want to stop talking to what’s his face… Gerard. I don’t know what but he gives me this sense of… relaxation. Like summer break. But then again, I definitely didn’t want my ropes tied tighter. Then I wouldn’t be able to breathe, now would I?

I groan. “This is all so confusing!”

And ironically, the phone rings again and I go over to it, flipping it open without looking at the ID.

“Hi there…” I say in a purring tone, assuming it’s another customer.

“…h-hey,” they reply in a quiet tone. I sigh obnoxiously.

“So,” I decide to start, whispering in a husky voice, “are you doing anything right now?”

“"Uh, n-no… I mean no.”

“Are you hot?”

“I um, I don't know.”

I breathe out of my teeth, tiring of his zero confidence act.

“Oh I bet you're hot,” I whisper again. “I bet you're so… so hot.”

“You eh… F—“

“You just take your clothes off, baby,” I breathe, “it’d make it all... you know… easier.”

“Um, okay, if you say so…”

There’s a sound of a zipping being undone and the rustling of clothing.

“Mm, tell me what you want,” I say, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear as I go and glance at my nails, bored. “What do you want?”

He doesn’t say anything and that causes me to sigh breathily again, out of aggravation.

“Oh...” I moan, bringing up a hand to my mouth and pressing my lips against it, making an odd slapping noise. “Mm… oh god! Your cock is so big!”

His breathing is more ragged and I hear something fall to the ground on the other line while I continue to make out with my hand grossly.

“Mm... oh god! Oh! Do you want to fuck me, baby?”

He’s still silent as I bring the receiver to where my tongue seems to be salivating onto my palm.

“Hear that? Oh... baby, can you hear that? That’s my mouth on your dick… oh! Oh fuck!

Because everybody knows that blowjobs aren’t’ silent.

I let out a long and hard gasp as I pull away from my hand. "God! Oh… can you feel that? Do you like that? Don’t tease me ‘cause… oh god…”

Then, the unspeakable happened, making me stop my sexy making and my jaw decide to hit the floor.

“Gerard?” I hear almost inaudibly from the other line, causing me to freeze before the voice speaks again. “Gerard, why are you naked?”