Passion in My Eyes, Ice in My Veins

Chapter 21

No! NO! This can’t be happening. It can’t be. There’s no way. This isn’t happening! NO!

I screamed at myself. I couldn’t stand to see this happening. He was leaving… with Elliot.

My heart was breaking at the sight.

I gripped the banister. I couldn’t breathe. My lungs seemed to not work when I needed them to the most. My heart was stopping. My head was spinning. I couldn’t see straight.

Why was this happening?!

“Leslie,” a voice whispered as I stared out at Matt walking away with my son.

I couldn’t answer. My voice was gone.

“Leslie,” the voice whispered again.

I couldn’t listen. I was too busy watching the two most important things in my life walk away from me. Matt didn’t love me anymore, and he was leaving me forever. He was never going to come back.

“Baby,” the voice said once more. I felt my body shake.

Suddenly the vision cleared from my head and I saw a bright light from the other side of my eye lids. I groaned and turned my head away. What was going on?

“Leslie, come on,” he chuckled.

I rubbed both my eyes and opened them slowly, making all the little spots go away. I turned my head and saw Matt smiling down at me, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Lil’ man wants to see his beautiful Mama.” He nodded towards the door and I looked.

Elliot was standing there with his thumb stuck between his lips, holding his blanket in the other hand. I smiled and sat up.

It was a dream. Of course. I should have known.

“Come here, bud.” I held out my arm.

He giggled and came waddling over to the bed. Since he was too short and too wimpy to pull himself up on the bed, Matt laughed and picked him up. I took Elliot and held him tightly in my arms. I closed my eyes as I kissed his head, not wanting to lose him ever. The dream was so real. I didn’t want to have that feeling of losing him and Matt.

“You okay Baby?” Matt scooted over next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. “Yeah.” I nodded, smiling a little. “Just had a bad dream.” I shrugged.

“What happened?” Matt asked tucking the blanket around all three of us.

“I…” I sighed, not really wanting to talk about it. “I was losing you and Elliot,” I whispered.

“Mama,” Elliot looked up at me with his big green eyes, taking his thumb out of his mouth, “you’ll never lose Daddy and I.”

I smiled, and felt my eyes tear up slightly. “Thanks baby,” I leaned down and kissed his nose.

He snuggled up against me and stuck his thumb back in his mouth, closing his eyes. I kissed his head a few times, smiling.

“He’s right,” Matt said as he watched me. “You’ll never.” He kissed me. “Ever.” He kissed me again. “Lose us.”

I grinned and put my hand on his cheek and kissed him again sweetly. “You have no idea how happy that makes me,” I admitted.

“I couldn’t leave you ever.” He shook his head. I could tell he didn’t like the thought. His eyes slowly got a little darker.

“I couldn’t either.” I shook my head and then rest my head on his shoulder. “I love you two so much. And without you two I’d be nothing.”

He kissed my head over and over. “You two are my life. I love you more than anything else in the entire world. And I always will.”

I smiled and kissed his shoulder softly. “That’s so nice to hear, Matt. You have no idea.”

He smiled and kissed my head. “You have nothing to worry about Baby. We’re not going anywhere. You’re stuck with us.”

“Oh great.” I joked, rolling my eyes.

“Hey!” Matt frowned and pulled away. I sat up straight and looked at him laughing. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh, nothing.” I shook my head smirking.

Elliot giggled and mocked Matt. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means this.” I leaned down, pulling up his teenage mutant ninja turtle shirt and blew raspberries on his tummy.

“MAMA!” He giggled loudly and tried to push my face away.
I heard Matt laugh and then I felt his hands on my sides. Instantly I jolted up since he started to tickle me. “NO!” I laughed and tried to pry his hands off me.

“Get her, lil man!” Matt said to Elliot.

Elliot climbed on top of me as I laid down since I tried to get Matt to stop, and he started kissing my cheek, tickling right under my chin. “THIS ISN’T FAIR!” I wasn’t able to breathe since I was laughing so hard.

“Alright bud,” Matt laughed after a while, seeing I was getting red in the face. “I think Mama’s had enough.”

I laughed and looked up at Matt and at Elliot when they stopped. “You two are in big trouble.”

“IT WAS DADDY’S IDEA!” Elliot shouted, pointing at Matt. “I swear Mama! I don’t want to be in trouble!” He frowned.

I laughed and kissed him. “Elliot, don’t worry. I was kidding. You’re not in trouble.”

“Good.” He smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck, and gave me a kiss.

I smiled and wrapped my arms tightly around him and looked at Matt. “I love our family.”

“Me too.” He leaned over and kissed me.

I smiled and kissed him back, but he pulled away. A little confused, I sat back up straight. Matt bit his lip and looked around the room. “What is it?” I asked confused.

“You’ll see.” he smirked then got up and went to his dresser.

Confused, I watched him, holding Elliot in my arms, who giggled. “What?” I looked down at him laughing.

“Nothing, Mama.” He chuckled.

“What? Are you guys holding something out on me?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe.” I could hear a smirk in Matt’s voice.

I looked up at him as he walked back to the bed, holding something behind his back. “Matt? What is it?”

He stood by the bed and looked down at me. “I’ve always loved you. You know that right?”

I smiled. “Of course I do. And you know I have always loved you too.”

Matt grinned. “I think it’s the perfect time, now.” He took what he was hiding behind his back and exposed it. A little black box.

Oh. My. God.

He got down on one knee and opened the box. “Leslie. Will you marry me?”

I gasped and clapped my hands over my mouth, staring at the ring in the box. It was amazing! It was a silver band with a beautiful diamond in the middle. I looked back at Matt and saw him beaming at me.

My eyes instantly started to tear up and I felt the salty tears run down my cheeks. “Mama,” Elliot whispered. “Please say yes.”

I looked at Elliot and laughed a little then looked back at Matt. “Yes.” I choked out between tears. “Yes!”

Matt got up from his knee and put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me with so much love and passion. I almost fainted, the kiss was so amazing.

“Guys,” Elliot covered his eyes.

We both pulled away blushing and laughing. Matt wiped my tears away and took the ring out of the box. He lifted my left hand and I extended my fingers. He slipped the ring on to my finger and kissed it. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I kissed him over and over. “So so so much.” I sniffled, not able to believe it.

WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or no more updates!