Passion in My Eyes, Ice in My Veins

Chapter 5

“Ow,” I groaned clenching my head as I sat up in bed. I looked to my left and saw Matt peacefully sleeping, hugging the pillow. I got out of bed, trying to be as gracious as possible, and made my way to the bathroom. I opened my medicine drawer and pulled out headache pills.

I took care of my business and went back into my room to see Matt tossing and turning, searching for me in the bed with his eyes still shut. I laughed lightly and walked over. “Baby,” I said putting my hand on his bare back.

He lifted his head and slowly opened his eyes. “Morning.” He smiled goofily.

I laughed and pecked his lips then snuggled up to his warm, irresistible body. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “Enjoying your hangover?” He laughed.

“Shut up.” I groaned.
“I did not expect you to be the one getting drunk.” He laughed and rubbed my back.

“Yeah, well shut up.” I laughed a little and buried my head in his chest.

“It was funny though.” He chuckled. “You look so confused when you’re drunk.”

“Who doesn’t?” I laughed and looked up at him.

“True enough.” He laughed and then sat up slowly as he let me go. “I think I should get home.”

I groaned again and sat up. “I don’t want you to leave.” I wrapped my arms around his middle and kissed his neck.

He laughed and rubbed my back. “Leslie, I have practice today.”

“Fuck.” My eyes widened. “I forgot that I lied to my parents about tennis.”

“Don’t worry.” Matt kissed my head a few times. “I’m sure they didn’t find out.”

“LESLIE!” My mother’s shrill voice echoed in the hallway leading to my room.

“Or maybe they did.” Matt said quietly, feeling guilty.

I sighed and pulled on a long shirt and some shorts. Matt kissed me softly then slipped out of my window. My parents didn’t know he stayed the night, and I am pretty sure they wouldn’t be happy about it.

I walked downstairs and saw my Mom standing in the living room with her arms crossed over her chest. She noticed me enter the room and her head shot up. “Practice got canceled huh?” She asked angrily.

“Mom, I just didn’t-”

“No! There is no excuse, Leslie! You have a game in two days! You do not lie to me about practice just so you can go out with Matt!”

“I’m just so sick of tennis.” I sighed and looked down. “I just want to be able to hang out with my friends outside of school.”

“I don’t care, Leslie. Your school academics and activities come first. Not high school parties or anything. Do you understand me?”

“Yeah.” I sighed still staring at the ground.

“You’re grounded. You can’t go out. Especially with Matt.” She added, knowing that would kill me.

“Mom! That’s not fair! It wasn’t even Matt’s fault!”

“I don’t care. He didn’t try to stop you, did he?” She had a good point. Even if I did want to bail practice with out his persuasion, he wouldn’t try to stop me.

“No.” I sighed and shook my head.

“I don’t want you walking to school with him either. You’ll just have to go in early.”

I rolled my eyes and walked off to my room. Stupid high school parties. I always get in trouble someway somehow. Now I have no idea how I am going to tell Matt I can’t see him for a week.

“Bye.” I hollered to my parents as I walked to the front door, slinging my book bag over my shoulder. I walked outside and saw Matt leaning on his car across the street with a smile.

I sighed and crossed the street to him. “I can’t walk with you to school,” I told him sadly.

“What? Why not?” He asked confused, taking his hands out of his front pockets.

“My Mom grounded me and said I can’t see you till next week.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well if you can’t walk with me to school,” he smirked and looked at his car, “let’s take my car.”

I laughed. “She never said anything about driving to school with you,” I said as Matt opened the passenger door for me.

I got in and he did too. I leaned over to him, turned his face to me and kissed him sweetly since I wouldn’t be able to see him for a week. He smiled and put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me back with a grin. As we kissed, I felt my heart beat accelerate. This is what I loved. I loved the feeling I got every time Matt touched me, or looked at me.

Once Matt and I were satisfied, we both pulled away. He gave me a few more pecks on the lips once he started the car, then drove off. “So how was practice?” I asked as I looked out the window.

“It was good. We finally got another song down.” He nodded turning the corner.

The school came to view. It was pointless for Matt and I to drive since it was only two blocks away, but it was worth it since I was with him. “I want to come hear you guys some time.” I told him as we parked and got out of his car.

“Can you come tonight?” He asked walking across the street with me to school.

“No,” I sighed, “I have tennis practice. God knows I can’t ditch again.”

He just laughed, wrapping his arm around me and kissed my head. “I would ask you to ditch, but I think I want to see you again.” He laughed.

“Yeah.” I laughed a little as we walked inside school since the bell rang.

“Well I’ll see you baby.” Matt kissed me sweetly after we grabbed our things from the locker we shared.

“Bye.” I sighed, not wanting to be away from him.

“Be happy. I hate it when you frown.”

I faked a smile and he bought it. He kissed my head then walked away to his class. Sighing, I slammed the locker shut and went to my class. I had to figure out a way Matt and I could see each other this week, without getting caught. As I sat in class and thought about it, nothing came to mind. There’s no way I could sneak around my Mom. It was impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment or no more updates.