Passion in My Eyes, Ice in My Veins

Chapter 7

“Where are you going?” My Father asked as I pulled on my jacket by the front door. He walked by with a coffee mug in his hand and the newspaper in the other.

“The basketball game at school,” I told him slipping on my shoes.

“Basketball game?” He asked taken aback. “You hate basketball.”

I laughed a little knowing it was true. “I do.” I shrugged. But not when my boyfriend was playing. Of course I didn’t tell my Dad that. He had no idea Matt was on the basketball team. “But my friends invited me to go.”

“Alright. Well here’s some money for food or whatever.” He handed me a ten dollar bill. “Be back before ten.”

“Okay. Bye.” I smiled and walked out of the house quickly. I practically ran to school. I didn’t want to be late, and I wanted to see Matt for a few minutes before the game started.

“Hey Zach.” I said out of breath, reaching him by the doors of the gym. Even though Zacky and I weren’t so fond of each other, we were still able to hold a decent conversation. We were surprisingly polite to one another.

He looked at me and smiled a little. “Hey Leslie.”

“Do you know where Matt is?” I asked catching my breath.

“He’s in the locker room. But the game starts in 10 minutes, you know that right?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah. Thanks.” I waved then walked down the long hallway and down some steps to the locker room.

I saw the door open and a guy walked out. Before the door could close I caught it. I opened it just enough so I could slip in, then I ran to the corner to hide from the group of guys who walked out. I held my breath when I saw a guy walk towards the row of lockers by me.

“You coming Matt?” He asked as he fixed his shoes.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” I heard Matt’s velvety voice say from the row of lockers in front of me.

“Alright. Don’t be late though.” The guy walked out and I heard the door shut.

When everything got quiet, I stepped out from behind the lockers. Smirking, I snuck up behind Matt causing him to jump. “Jesus Christ Leslie!”

I covered his mouth with my hand. “Sh.” I whispered in his ear laughing a little. “The guys might come back in.”

He laughed a little and pulled me down into his lap. “What are you doing in here?” He whispered looking from my lips to my eyes.

“I wanted to wish you luck before the game.” I smiled sweetly.

“Well it starts in five minutes.” He laughed and kissed my forehead. “Oh and my parents saved you a seat.” He smiled.

“Okay.” I kissed him for a minute then pulled away. “I’ll see you out there.”

“Not so fast.” He laughed and pulled me back down into his lap as I went to get up.

“Matt.” I giggled as he kissed my neck, rubbing my side.

“What?” He asked against my skin, kissing down to my collar bone.

“You have to be out there in five minutes.” I reminded him, feeling his hand slip down to my jeans.

“So?” He kissed down to the top of my tank top which was dangerously low.

“You don’t want to go out there on the court with a boner now, do you?” I smirked and pulled away from him, feeling something poking my thigh.

“Ugh.” He groaned and frowned.

“Any other time you know I would.” I laughed. “But you have a game to win.” I stood up and kissed him. “Good luck baby. I’ll see you after wards.” I walked out shaking my hips on purpose just to mess with him. I heard him groan through the door.

“Come on Matt!” Matt’s father yelled standing up in the bleachers.

I laughed and looked at Mr. Sanders as his brows furrowed, watching his son dribble the ball down the court past the opposing team.

He was amazing at basketball. He was the star of the team whether he wanted to believe it or not. Matt had a future in basketball if he really wanted to continue. But I know he wanted to continue with his band. At least he had something to fall back on.

The game ended once Matt made the final shot. The crowd cheered that was supporting the HB team, running off the bleachers to their sons, nephews, cousins, brothers, or just a friend. I followed Matt’s parents as they walked towards him on the court.

“You did great!” His mother smiled as she pulled him into a hug and kissed his glistening head from sweat.

“You really did.” Mr. Sanders smiled and patted his sons back.

Matt looked up from the ground once he wiped his face with a towel and smiled at me. His parents walked away to speak with some other parents and their kids, leaving Matt and I by each other.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. “You were amazing.” I clinged to him and pecked his lips over and over with a grin.

“Thanks baby.” He smiled and kissed me back, putting his hand on the back of my neck.

“I should get going. I know your parents want to take you out to dinner to celebrate.” I let him go slowly, knowing I wouldn’t get to see him for a while.

“Come with us.” He took my hand smiling.

“No, I think your parents are sick of me always being around.” I laughed a little, looking at the ground.

“Now why would we be sick of a girl who always makes our son smile?” Mrs. Sanders said putting her arm around my shoulders.

I looked up and smiled a little at her. “If you’re sure.”

“Of course we are, Leslie. We love to have you around.”

Dinner that night was fun. We went out to the Sugar Shack on PCH to get some ice cream after dinner. It was a lot of fun. But unfortunately, it was getting late and I had to go. Since we lived so close to PCH, we walked the rest of the way home. It wasn’t far at all.

“I’ll see you at school.” Matt kissed me sweetly.

We were a few houses down from ours, since I didn’t want my parents to see. “Bye.” I smiled a little then walked away, down the street to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or no updates.