Tell Me a Fairytale

The Truth

"Well, that didn't quite work the way I expected it to," Spencer commented, facing me.

I chuckled awkwardly, and so did he. "I guess it didn't."

"Either way, now Vanessa seems happy," he said. "Though I only now understand why she wasn't. I thought she was jealous of you; that's why I invited Ryan. But she's jealous of me." His soft green eyes searched mine, and I could avert his gaze no longer. "She's really your girlfriend?"

I could hardly do anything but nod, and Spencer continued interrogating me. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I wasn't sure it would make any difference."

"Lucinda," he began, "you're taken. Don't you think that changes things?"

"No, why should it?"

"Because... I like you, and I thought you liked me, but you don't. I mean, you aren't even interested in the opposite sex!"

"I never said that." I shook my head and spoke softly and slowly. "I never once said I didn't like you."

"Right, but you don't," he said. "Just like you didn't say you were in a relationship, but you are. You may not be a liar, but you've certainly not been telling the truth."

I sighed. "Do you want to hear the truth, Spencer?"

He nodded. "I do."

"Could we sit down?" I asked. Spencer consented, and we took a seat on a nearby bench. I was looking around, stalling, unsure of where to start, in fear he was angry with me... until he grabbed my hand. I looked at his solemn face, then at his hand gently holding mine, then back into his soft eyes.

I knew exactly how I would tell him my story.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all I've got for now. When I was writing this before, I was pretty much just winging it, so I don't really know when you'll hear from me again, or what quality the writing will be. =/