Status: I'm sorry, guys. I'm so busy with uni coursework and I have major writer's block. I promise you I'll finish this, and I assure you the sequel's actually partly written! <3

I Left The Lights On So You Stumble In Devotion

We're Best Friends, We Hold Hands, We're In Love

Evgeni woke to the sound of conversation in Russian, his mother standing above him. He was on the couch, and it took a while for it to sink in why. His mother was confused, asking him why he wasn’t in his own bed. He wasn’t sure what to say, heart pounding and hands sweating as he laid there.

“Hey Mr. & Mrs. Malkin.”

Evgeni turned, groaning to himself when he saw his parent’s questions answered with Sidney strutting down the hall from his bedroom. He was wearing a tight t-shirt, something he must have accidentally packed from his closet, belonging to a time when he wasn’t over two hundred pounds of what felt like pure muscle.

Evgeni stopped thinking, shaking the image of Sidney out of his head. He shoved the blanket off of him and onto the floor, sitting up onto his couch.

“&#1054;&#1085; &#1086;&#1089;&#1090;&#1072;&#1077;&#1090;&#1089;&#1103; &#1079;&#1076;&#1077;&#1089;&#1100;. &#1042;&#1088;&#1077;&#1084;&#1077;&#1085;&#1085;&#1086;.” muttered Evgeni groggily, his hands fumbling before him to motion Sidney moving to the side of them.

“&#1055;&#1086;&#1095;&#1077;&#1084;&#1091; &#1079;&#1076;&#1077;&#1089;&#1100;?” asked Evgeni’s mother curiously, her eyes drifting towards Sidney, who stood nervously but overall well behaved.

“Are they asking why I’m here?” asked Sidney quietly, pointing his finger at Evgeni’s parents. “Tell them I’m trying to find a house nearby.”

“&#1054;&#1085; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1073;&#1091;&#1077;&#1090; &#1085;&#1072;&#1081;&#1090;&#1080;, &#1095;&#1090;&#1086; &#1084;&#1077;&#1089;&#1090;&#1086; &#1078;&#1080;&#1074;&#1077;&#1090; &#1087;&#1086;&#1073;&#1083;&#1080;&#1079;&#1086;&#1089;&#1090;&#1080;.” Sidney just watched as Evgeni translated his sentence for is parents, the two of them slightly easing up and backing away.

“You look nervous.” whispered Sidney, taking a seat on the couch next to Evgeni as his parent’s wandered back into his kitchen.

“Parent’s ask questions.” mumbled Evgeni, hoping to himself that his mother hadn’t picked up any sort of suspicion. “My parent’s know you live with Mario.”

Lived with Mario.” Sidney was smiling, for some reason, considering the fact that he was basically homeless now. “I don’t anymore.”

“Okay.”

Evgeni could hear quiet footsteps heading back into the living room, causing him to shift a few inches away from Sidney on the couch. He looked up, realizing it was his mother.

“&#1047;&#1072;&#1074;&#1090;&#1088;&#1072;&#1082;.”

“&#1061;&#1086;&#1088;&#1086;&#1096;&#1086;.” replied Evgeni, standing up and beginning to stretch.

“What’d she say?” asked Sidney, joining Evgeni off of the couch.

“You need to learn Russian.”

Sidney grinned, rolling his eyes and trying his best to haul the t-shirt he was wearing down a bit more over his arms. Evgeni didn’t like this shirt, it distracted him too much when his parent’s were around.

“Breakfast.” added Evgeni, leaning in to give Sidney a quick kiss before marching off to his kitchen to devour whatever his mother had made him.

***

Evgeni was nearly thankful to be back inside the dressing room, even if it meant having to face game four against Detroit. Living with both his parent’s and Sidney was beginning to frustrate him. His mother’s constant, nagging questions and Sidney’s constant desperate attempts to become friendly with her were slowly wearing him thin.

Being secretive was the worst. It was hard in front of his teammates, but his mother was much more difficult. Since she was a much higher risk, Evgeni had to put more effort into trying to make things seem less comfortable with Sidney. He’d sit far away from him in the living room and try to make as little eye contact as possible if his parent’s were anywhere near. The dressing room was almost beginning to feel like a safe zone.

“I’ve got a good feeling, you know?” said Jordan.

Evgeni laughed to himself, while secretly hoping Jordan’s feelings were spot on. Nobody said much of anything, possibly because they were too afraid that there’d even be the smallest chance of jinxing it. Sidney, being superstitious, especially didn’t mention anything.

“We will play good.” added Evgeni, nudging Jordan with his stick.

“I know we will.”

Max and Marc were talking to each other, much like they did before every game. Nobody really knew what they said, since they spoke quietly to themselves. Evgeni wouldn’t have understood anyway since it was French, and probably would have only caught certain words if it had been English.

Evgeni just knew one thing for sure: they needed to win this game if they expected to have any chance at winning the cup.

***

Winning game four gave them back hope, even if they had a possibility of having to play two away games. There was a chance, now, even if it still looked the same as last year. On the drive home, Evgeni and Sidney would occasionally exchange glances at stop signs. The two of them would either grin or let out a small laugh, mostly out of excitement.

“Back to Detroit tomorrow…”

“Yeah.”

Sidney’s smile stretched over his face, and he looked as though he was excited for something. Hockey, of course, was always on his mind, but he looked a little preoccupied.

“What are you thinking?” asked Evgeni, squinting his eyes a little at the road.

“Nothing.” replied Sidney, still grinning contently in his seat.

The ride felt like forever, even though it wasn’t overly long. Evgeni was thankful for his parent’s going to bed almost directly after Evgeni and Sidney had made it back to the apartment, leaving the two of them alone in the living room. Evgeni couldn’t keep his eyes off of Sidney, sitting there on his couch with his tight t-shirt and wet hair; he didn’t want to have to pretend to not be distracted with every little piece of Sidney.

“You can go to bed if you want, Geno.” Sidney nodded in the direction of Evgeni’s bedroom. “You don’t have to stay up.”

Evgeni listened closely, making sure he couldn’t hear any footsteps or movement coming from anywhere else in his apartment. He was almost positive he could hear his father’s snores creeping out of his spare bedroom.

“Sleep with me.” muttered Evgeni, snatching the remote from Sidney’s hand and turning off the television.

Sidney’s eyes were wide, but he tagged along eagerly behind Evgeni in the hall. He would have questioned him but he didn’t want to face a glare of death from Evgeni, who was trying his hardest to creep into his bedroom without making the slightest noise.

“Sleep with you?” whispered Sidney, an outrageous grin still spread across his face.

“I mean-”

“I know what you meant, I was just being perverted.” Sidney’s tight t-shirt was already thrown onto the floor, his pants shortly sitting next to them.

Evgeni was still standing in the doorway and Sidney was already undressed and under the sheets of is bed, patting the side next to him; he never seemed to get on Evgeni’s side of the bed, and Evgeni liked that.

“Quiet.” muttered Evgeni softly, crossing his arms against his chest.

“Alright, Evgeni, I’ve got it. We’ve got to be quiet, just get in the damn bed already.”

Evgeni was mildly surprised with the amount of force used in Sidney’s voice, but as soon as he saw the ridiculous grin still planted on Sidney’s face, he realized Sidney wasn’t serious. Sidney still looked as though he was excited, resembling a kid on Christmas Eve.

“What?” asked Sidney, raising his eyebrows in curiosity as he rolled over on his side.

Evgeni sat on the bed gently, hauling his t-shirt over his head. He caught Sidney’s eyes and made a ‘huh’ noise, still trying his hardest to be quiet.

“You keep looking at me funny.” stated Sidney, tugging on Evgeni’s arm to get him to move back against the bed with him. “Why?”

“You… look different.”

“Oh.” muttered Sidney, pursing his lips. “Is this a good different or a bad different?”

“Good different.” Evgeni’s cheeks blushed a deep red, feeling his lips break out into a smile along with Sidney’s.

Sidney’s hand grazed over his chest, making him shiver slightly into the sheets. He knew he wouldn’t have to explain himself to Sidney, that Sidney would completely understand why Evgeni hadn’t been able to take his eyes off of him since their last ‘encounter’ (Evgeni grimaced at the idea of adding ‘sexual’ in front of ‘encounter’, even if it was only inside his head).

“A good different, eh?” Then came the melodic, high-pitched Sidney laugh.

Evgeni nearly threw himself on top of Sidney, his mouth covering Sidney’s instantaneously, quietening the laughter that had sprung from Sidney’s lungs. Sidney didn’t mind, his arms tightening around Evgeni’s waist as Evgeni continued to kiss him, even though the laughter had stopped.

“Loud.” whispered Evgeni.

Suddenly feeling brave, Evgeni trailed his right hand along Sidney’s chest, continuing to drift lower. Sidney smiled, throwing his head back against the fluffed pillow beneath him; he had no desire to object from Evgeni’s subtle touches.

“What?” mumbled Evgeni, his hands fumbling over Sidney’s underwear.

“Someone’s getting bold.” Evgeni snorted, ignoring Sidney’s soft, muffled snickering.

His hands gently gripped at the waistband, tugging downwards when Sidney lifted his hips off of the bed. Evgeni grimaced as his bed squeaked a little, praying to himself that his parent’s were sound asleep.

“Calm down.” Sidney’s voice was relaxing, and Evgeni could somewhat ease himself over the fact that Sidney was so calm himself.

Caught in a gaze at Sidney’s naked body, Evgeni felt himself puzzled at what to do next; he’d already undressed Sidney, it was far too late to quit now. After all, Sidney always seemed eager enough when the roles were switched.

“Something wrong?” asked Sidney softly, peering down at Evgeni.

Evgeni frowned, shaking his head ‘no’ at Sidney. He wondered if Sidney ever felt the slightest bit insecure, but assumed that he didn’t by the relaxed vibes that seemed to surface. He’d seen Sidney naked before, and he’d touched Sidney’s naked body before, so he was slightly unsure of how he could clam up so easily. It wasn’t like he didn’t like it, because most of his time lately was devoted to admiring Sidney’s body .

Evgeni laughed nervously, his fingers tracing circles around Sidney’s abdomen. Sidney’s breath would hitch every time Evgeni’s fingers would drop further, the sensitivity increasing with every millimetre moved. Sidney, now fully and completely aroused, still laid still on the bed, patiently waiting as Evgeni would slowly touch him, his kisses falling further and further away from Sidney’s lips.

“I do not know how to… not able to-”

“Just do what I did.” interrupted Sidney.

Evgeni wanted to sigh, possibly stomp his foot on the floor out of annoyance. He felt possibly too awkward for words, he couldn’t have replied to Sidney if he had wanted to. His hands grabbed shakily at Sidney, causing Sidney to gasp out as though he had just taken in a deep breath of fresh air.

“J-just do what I did.” stammered Sidney. Evgeni wondered if he was aware that he’d just repeated himself.

Evgeni ducked down low, turning his head to the side to hide his face from Sidney as he practiced opening his mouth widely; he felt embarrassed at himself for being so clueless, hoping that Sidney wouldn’t abandon him if he turned out to be completely horrible at performing sexual favours.

Then, before he could have possibly persuaded himself to do differently, Evgeni put his fears in the back of his head. He licked his lips, sliding down to make himself closer to Sidney’s waist. He could feel Sidney proudly hit against his cheek, and all of the blood in his body seemed to divide and head to both his cheeks and his crotch.

His mouth opened (almost just as wide as he’d practiced second before) and he was nearly impressed at how much easier it was than it looked. He tried to ignore the fact that he had another man’s dick in his mouth and tried to focus on a now writhing Sidney tossing around on his bed.

Every now and then he’d become curious and his tongue would slip out to seek out particular spots just to see Sidney’s reaction. Sidney began to flail, even if it was just mildly, putting the pillow beneath his head over his mouth to drown out the moans. Evgeni was grateful.

“Evgeni, slow- slow down.”

But Evgeni didn’t listen, he was actually beginning to smile to himself as Sidney’s hips began to rise off of the bed. Sidney’s hand was at the back of his head, pressing down gently to bring him closer. Evgeni didn’t mind, even if he occasionally hauled at his hair.

Evgeni could feel that it was over, returning to Sidney’s side as he wiped his mouth into his arm. The ending was probably the only part he disliked, his nose scrunched up in disgust; but it was worth it to look over at Sidney, looking flushed and sweaty, but grinning from ear to ear. It felt different now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I feel extremely awkward posting this one. xD
I feel so perverted it's not even fit, but... whatever.

D: