Fatal Attraction

The Park

I ran full speed until I saw the gates. The park. That's where I'll go for now, at least until I think of somewhere to stay. I stopped just inside the gates and leaned over to catch my breath. When I could breathe again, I walked farther in. I took a seat on the first bench I saw and dug around in my bag for my iPod. I found it and turned it all the way up so I wouldn't be interrupted by anyone or anything. I was instantly lost in the world of music. I sat at that bench until well after dark, just listening to my music. Nothing bad would ever happen in my own little world, made of music. If only the real world worked the same way.

I had been sitting there for 6 hours, only moving to grab my un-eaten lunch from my bag. Then, all at once, my solemnity was shattered. Someone was tapping me on the shoulder. I turned to see who it was.

It was a cop.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, not looking very happy.

"Ummm, I-" I started

"How old are you?" he interrupted, not even waiting for me to answer his first question.

"I'm-"

"Where are your parents?" Okay. This guy is really starting to tick me off.

"They're-"

"Why are you here alone?"

"She's waiting for me." A voice called out from behind me. The officer lifted his head to look at whoever was behind me. I turned to look as well. A tiny gasp escaped from my lungs when I saw who it was.

"Hey." Caleb said to me, then turned to the policeman. "Is there something wrong here, officer?"

"No. Not at all." The cop said. He turned and left without another word.

"Wow. Thanks!" I exclaimed when the cop was out of earshot.

"It's no problem, really. I looked for you after school but I couldn't find you."

"Yeah, well, I left in a hurry."

He looked me in the eyes. I had that weird feeling that he knew exactly what was going on again. It almost freaked me out, but it felt to good to really scare me. It was like he already knew me, even though we'd only known each other for a day. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. This was so comforting, the feeling that someone actually cared about me. I could sit here, like this, forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I'm sorry it's so short. And I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter up! I had no ideas whatsoever. I'll think about it more often so I can get more up soon!
<3