Fatal Attraction

Fancy Houses

He was right. The trip up the driveway didn't take long at all. There was no way anyone could have this much money. The driveway around me was covered in plants so beautiful it made me want to cry.

"Does your mom do the gardening? It's amazing in here!" I said, wonder filling my voice.

"No, we have a gardener." he replied. He grabbed my hand and gently led me up the steps to his home. The house was huge! I couldn't even call it a house, more of a mansion! It was pearly white and looked almost like a smaller version of the White House. It streched on for forever.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked.

"Don't worry. My parents won't mind. They"ll love you!" he remarked before giving me a quick kiss and opening the door.

My mouth dropped open. The ceiling was at least 12 feet tall and was so pristinely white it hurt. The walls were covered in gold trim and the floors reflected all that was around.

Caleb looked at me and smiled. He placed his hand under my jaw and closed my mouth. He took my hand and led me to a room that was even grander then the foyer. The couches around the room were leather, and the lights shined off the black surfaces.

"Oh. Who do we have here?" a voice said from across the room. A woman emerged from behind a desk in the farthest corner from me. Her hair was the same chocolate brown as Caleb's but her eyes were a deep green.

"Mom, this is Jess. I know her from school." Caleb told her. He squeezed my hand as she started to walk towards us.

"Hi Jess. My name's Elizabeth. It's really nice to meet you." she stretched out her arm to shake my hand.

"Mom, she doesn't have anywhere to go. Can she stay with us?"

"Of course Caleb! You can bring her to your sister's old room. she looks about Nicole's size so Jess can borrow her clothes."

"Thank you so much ma'am. I won't be any trouble, I promise." I said. She smiled as Caleb led me away towards the rest of the house. Already, this house felt more like home then mine did. A smile crept across my lips as we walked to where I would stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooo sorry this took so long! I will try to write more often!
Comments are appreciated!!! ;)
p.s. sorry about how short it is!