You Are More Loved Than You Know

Chapter 12: Dreams Are the Only Form of Hope

“What is the Beach Boy song that lists all the tropical paradises?” Joe looked over the seat at me and stared down at me.

“Kokomo.” Nick stood up and glared at me, while I shot him a confused look.

“Thanks Kevin! Now we can sing that as our theme song!” Oh, now I know why he glared.

“No way Joe, I refuse to sing that.” I laughed as my two brothers started bickering in the seats in front of me. I turned towards the seat next to me to find Steph passed out next to me. We were flying to Bermuda right now to film something for Regis and Kelly. Steph was the only girl coming with us, mainly because she was our photographer, but also, I couldn’t let her out of my sight. Getting her to leave Ally at the house with Frankie and the sitter was a job in itself. I think she made herself this exhausted. Ash and Ellie stayed behind to finish moving into their own houses, so after getting them to tell her that Alyssa would be alright, she finally said yes. I could see my mom sleeping on my dad as he read. It was funny, but Steph and I seemed to act like them, which was something I always wanted- a relationship like my parents.

“Dude, that’s not cool!”

“I just poned you!”

“You guys, your mother and Stephanie are trying to sleep. Keep it down.” Joe and Nick sank back down into their seats and I mouthed to them “poned”. Both of them glared at me but I just shrugged it off. Steph stirred a bit before setting her head in my lap. I ran my fingers through her soft hair before drifting off...

We drove to Hamilton and now we were standing backstage waiting for our names to be called. Steph was taking pictures of everything along with Rob (aka Robarazzi). I could hear her phone going off, but she was ignoring it, so I didn’t want to go and answer it.

“Kevin, which guitar do you want?”

“The silver one! It’s the only one that has been tuned.”

“Nick is using that one.”

“Fine, the white one, but tune it first!” Our guitar tech left and Nick came out of the bathroom.

“Does anyone have a granola bar on them?”

“In my purse Nick!” Nick thanked Steph and went to her purse. Mom rushed over to Nick and Joe laid his arm on my shoulder.

“You know you want to check on him.”

“Mom got it.”

“Just go over there-Steph is over there now with orange juice too.” Indeed, she was and forcing Nick to sit down. I walked over and sat next to Nick who rolled his eyes at me and smiled.

“Hmm, Ash called me. I’ll call her back after this but I wonder what’s up. I hope everything is alright.”

“Steph, don’t worry. She probably was calling because they are bored. I mean, Grandma does get boring every once in a while, especially during her nap time.” Nick smacked Joe as the stage manager warned us about 3 minutes until stage time. Steph headed towards the stage and we followed her. I could see all the girls in the audience screaming and we weren’t even out yet.

“They should stick those girls into a screaming room before a concert. That way, their lungs will implode,” Maya said walking by us. Steph suppressed a giggle as Maya joined her behind the curtain.

“They are on a sold-out tour with The Veronicas, have a multi-platinum album that just came out- here are, The Jonas Brothers!” Joe Nick and I ran out and greeted Regis and Kelly before sitting down.

“Now Kevin, every time I see you, those sideburns are so perfect, but aren’t you hot in that scarf?”

“As usual, nope. Although, I like your sideburns. They remind me of Abe Lincoln.”

“Now, you three are on tour right now. Any time for girls?”

“Kevin is no longer single and neither are we. I mean, we aren’t going into details, but we all have girlfriends that we are madly in love with and our parents love them as well.”

“You boys seem really happy, I mean you usually are, but more so this time.”

“We are Kelly, and thank you.” Nick is always the congenial one.

“Now, we are actually here to give you boys something. We asked our audiences at every show for something and we are proudly here to present a 10,000 dollar check for The Change for The Children Foundation.” I could hear Steph and Maya squeal from backstage as Nick stood up to grab the check. Pretty much the interview was like any other interview we have done for this tour and album. Finally, it was time to perform.

I'm hot
You're cold
You go around
Like you know
Who I am
But you don't
You got me, on my toes

[Chorus:]
I'm slipping into the lava
And I'm tryin' to keep from going under
Baby you turn the temperature hotter
And I'm burning up, burning up
For you baby

I fell (I fell)
So fast (so fast)
Can't hold myself
Back
High heels (high heels)
Red dress (red dress)
All by yourself, gotta catch my breath

[Chorus]

Walk in the room
All I can see is you
You're staring me down
I know you feel it too

[Chorus x2]

[Big Rob rap:]
Burning up in this place tonight
Gonna sing it loud
And we're feeling right
Get up and dance
Don't try to fight it
Big rob for real
And that's no lie
Stop drop and roll
And touch the floor
Keep on burning up more and more
I got JB with me
Layin' it down
Come on boys let’s bring the chorus around

[Chorus]

Burning up, burning up
For you baby!
We ran off stage to find Maya white faced and Steph panicing.

“Ellie’s in the hospital.”

“WHAT!?” Joe ran up to Steph and hugged her.

“Ash said she had a seizure. They are running tests, but they don’t know what happened. Your dad is setting up the jet now.” Joe wasted no time. We were all packed within 5 minutes.

5 hours later, we were all running through the halls of the Dallas Hospital. As soon as we turned the corner, Ash stood up and ran straight into Steph’s arms. Joe ran straight into Ellie’s room with Nick behind him. Ally ran up to me and hugged her as Mom picked up Frankie. I think the worse part of all of this was the fact of how calm Steph was. She calmed everyone down, made Joe eat and sit down at least, and made sure Nick had his Omi-pod. I mean, I was helping her out, but I was amazed. She really put everyone ahead of herself. A couple more hours went by when the doctor finally came into Ellie’s room.

“Good news! Now, your seizures seem to be cause by a problem with your heart. It is easily treatable with the proper medication. Now, this isn’t a cure all, but it will help you out a lot. You can leave tomorrow. We want to see how you react to this medication, but be thankful that you have people here who love you.” I heard everyone sigh happily and Ellie crying happily as well. Ellie once said to me so eloquently, “Dreams are the only form of hope left.” I have to say, I agree. Both her and Ash had dreams of getting better, and that was their only source of hope. Now, they are both getting better. Steph kissed my head as she walked over to Ellie and hugged her. Now to make Steph’s dreams come true.