You Are More Loved Than You Know

Chapter 4: Mine All Mine

Image

So, we are attempting another shopping trip. I was paired with Ashley, while Steph was with Joe and Ellie was with Nick. Nick, Joe and I were in disguise. We wanted to get Halloween costumes, since it was in two weeks and today was our first day off. Ashley wanted to go into Forever 21 for a scarf for her costume, when we ran into Steph and Joe, who were goofing off over by the jewelry. Nick and Ellie walked in after us and we all laughed at the slight coincidence. A couple girls purposely ran into Ashley, but we really didn’t think much of it at the time.

“Ash, why did you wear that shirt?”

“Because I love it?”

“Aren’t you afraid to blow our cover?”

“Oh, I didn’t think of that!”

“Here, wear Steph’s sweater. I don’t know why I am carrying it.” Ashley smirked at me and grabbed the hoodie out of my arms. As she put it on, those girls ran into her, again.

“Watch where you are going Jonas wannabe.”

“I didn’t do anything. What do you mean ‘wannabe’?” I could see Steph looking on and having a confused look on her face. Joe was holding her back.

“You like to copy Nick Jonas with that dog tag?”

“She’s diab-“
“Kev, stop.” Ashley put her hand on my arm and stood in front of me.

“That dog tag is so fake! Are you a Miley impersonator? You certainly seem to dress like a slut.” I could see Ash’s hands tighten into fist and Steph struggling against Joe’s grip. Ellie was now heading straight towards the girls with Nick trying to stop her. When Steph finally broke from Joe’s grasp, something horrible happened: the girl ripped off Ashley’s tag, threw it on the ground and kicked it out of the store. Ashley eyes filled up with tears and her whole tough exterior deteriorate. Steph and Ellie ran straight to the girl and started yelling at her. Nick wrapped his arms around Ashley, while Joe searched for the tag.

“Where do you think that bulling is ok?” Ellie’s accent was really noticeable at this moment and it kind of scared me.

“Do you realize that she is diabetic and that tag is what helps doctors? Why would you do such a cruel thing? In case you haven’t notice, she isn’t a poser like you.” Steph shouldn’t have said that...

“Listen if you can deaf girl, I can say and do what I want. You have no say in what I do.”

“She can’t, but I can.” I pulled off my disguise and the girl’s mouth dropped.

“Kev-Kevin Jonas?”

“Yes, now, you need to replace my friend’s tag and apologize to her, or else I’ll get security.”

“Why should I? She was copying you?”

“No she wasn’t. She happens to be one of our dear friends.” The girl’s eye twitched and I tried hard not to smirk at her.

“I won’t pay for a new one and I’ll see to it that you’ll be the ones getting kicked out.” I don’t know what happened next, but somehow, we were back on the bus with Ashley crying, Nick and Ellie trying to calm her down, Joe calling dad and Steph being furious.

“I could have defended myself!”

“Steph, I’m sorry. I just wanted to help.”

“I can help myself! Just because I am a ‘deaf girl’ doesn’t mean I can’t defend myself!” She stormed out of the room and I put my head in my hands, sinking into the chair. Ashley soon cried herself to sleep. Nick was rocking her. Joe was now rubbing Ellie’s shoulders, both watching a movie. I headed to the back of the bus, grabbing my guitar on the way. I sat on the couch and stared playing a random melody when Steph sat down on the opposite end.

“I’m sorry.” I looked at her tear-stained face and pulled her into a tight embrace. I could smell her Nina perfume in her hair and her small body fitted well with mine. Pretty soon I could hear her starting to sing something.

“The sun kisses the windowsill and I am still
On my second cup of pity me.
It’s been a long night chasing ghosts, but at the most
It’s been a rude awakening
That all too late to finally see.

That it’s
My loss, my lonely,
My mistake, my only,
Mine all, mine all mine.
And it’s my bad, my broken,
All my should have’s left unspoken,
Mine all, mine all mine.

I drove you to the edge of the map and after that
I pushed you off just to watch you fall.
You never were the bounce back kind,
But boy this time you’ve proven me wrong after all.
Now I’m the one who’s gonna crawl.

Cause it’s
My loss, my lonely,
My mistake, my only,
Mine all, mine all mine.
And it’s my bad, my broken,
All my should have’s left unspoken,
Mine all, mine all mine.

Always thought I’d get to sorry,
But the chance has come and gone
So if it finds its way back in
I’ll hold on, hold on, hold on

My loss, my lonely
My mistake, my only,
Mine all, mine all, mine all mine.”
I ran my fingers through her hair and whispered in her ear, “I forgive you”. I felt her nod and she sat back up.

“I’m sorry too. I just wanted to defend you. Be-“

“My knight in shining armor? Thank you Kevin.” I smiled at her and she blushed. I heard a camera click and saw Ellie in the doorway, looking very suspicious.

“How long?”

“Since the song, which Joe recorded. I got to say, you two look so cute!” Steph chuckled and I laughed along with her. I don’t know what Steph is thinking, but I am thinking that Ellie is right.