Kissing You That Friday Night

Chapter Thirteen

I walk in to class, grasping my books to my chest. I wanted to see Aiden...To give him his movie back. There he was, sitting in the seat he's sat in all week, right beside my usual seat. I take a deep breath and walk over to sit next to him but before I can reach the seat, someone else slides into the desk right besdie him. I stop and study the face, it's Jen Fieldman. She's one of the popular girls, you know, dates football players, she's like, a flyer or whatever on the cheerleading team...JV, might I add. She totally wouldn't be into someone as dark and sensitive as Aiden...Surely. I choke down whatever words I wanted to say and took a seat a few desks behind him. I flipped the DVD over in my hands and examined it. Do I give it to him now? I looked back over at Jen and Aiden. They were talking. Aiden was...Smiling. Jen was twirling a piece of stiff blonde hair between her manicured fingers... I winced and slid the DVD into my hello kitty backpack on the ground.
"Pst."
I looked around the room to see where the noise came from. My eyes landed on Tara who was motioning me over to her desk. I looked at the clock, two minutes until class started. I got up out of my desk and mozzied on over to Tara. But before I did I grabbed a compact and stick of eyeliner out of my bag. "What are you doing?" Tara asked as I opened the compact and positioned the mirror at eye level and "put on" eyeliner.
"Shhh." I whispered and tilited the mirror slightly so it was aiming in Aiden and Jen's direction.
"What's going on? Spying on the new kid?" Tara whsipers harshly.
"His name is Aiden." I correct.
"Well excuse me..." Tara puts a hand to my face as if I totally just dissed her.
I looked through the mirror still pretending to fix my makeup, then something happened. Jen pushed a piece of blue paper toward Aiden and he picked it up. He opened it and smiled at her. I made an accidental gasp and quickly covered my mouth with my hand. I suddenly saw Aiden starring at me in my compact and I quickly closed the lid. Mr. Turner then walked in the door and I headed back to my desk. I swallowed hard and payed attention to the lesson.

"What do you think you were doing?" Aiden says as he places a hand against the locker beside mine, blocking my escape to the door. Damn, he's good.
I pretend like I don't know what he means. "Wh- What are you talking about." I try to dodge past him but he blocks my escape route.
"You were watching me like a hawk in Bio today." He states and looks down at me, his eyes darker than usual.
I stare into those dark eyes for a minute and then think quickly. "Uh.." I glance around the crowded hallway at everyone walking to their next class. "Look, there's Marcy, Hi Marcy!" I yell and quickly walk around him. I don't even know a Marcy but I keep walking, praying he won't follow.
"Laila." He walks infront of me. Great, I'm pretty much doomed. "Tell me what's going on."
I take a deep breath before I talk. "What's that?" I ask, motioning to the blue paper sticking out of his History book.
"What?" He looks down at his book and pushes the paper into his book so it is no longer in veiw. "Nothing, just some notes."
"No, they're not. I saw Jen the playboy bunny pass that to you in Bio today."
"Ha, you were spying!" He yells loud enough for people around us to turn heads.
"No! No, I wasn't." I yell back. "Stop making a scene!"
"You're the one making a scene!" He barks back but then hears someones interupted throat clearing and notices Mr. Deerborn, the school Principal, and apoligizes. He then grabs my arm and pulls me around the corner of the stairwell by the water fountain.
"Why were you watching me?" He asks.
I ignore his question. "Do you honestly like that slut?" I hiss.
"What? Jen isn't a slut, she's very...Nice..." He says calmly.
"Yeah, she has a very nice bust, now doesn't she, Aiden?" My eyes grow big and my face feels hot. "Yeah well just to let you know, she was a size A until last year Kary Martin told her she had the body of a guy and her mom let her get inplants. Yeah, she's got boobs full of that pudding crap in bags."
"Well I'm so sorry your jealous." His face gets a little red and I notice his fists are clutched by his sides. "It's not like me and you would ever work, if that's what you think. You're going to the Spring Fling with Ricky." He looks up at the ceiling and shoves his hands into his hoodie pockets.
♠ ♠ ♠
...(this scene continues in the next chapter)