Until the End of Everything

Chapter 5

“Mikey, Natalie is here to see you,” Gerard’s tone nonchalant.

Gerard and I weren’t on good terms. Every time he came to talk to me about Mikey’s situation, we always fought and blamed one another. He told me Mikey was worse, and I would just yell at him instead of listening to my heart break.

Mikey sat up as I entered his room. He was laying down in his bed with a comic book in his hands; his glasses at the tip of his nose. He really did look bad. But it wasn’t as bad as I had pictured him in my mind. Thank god for that.

It was awkward. I never thought it would get this way with the guy I thought might be my potential husband in a few years. My eyes examined his thin body as he stared back at me. I hadn’t realized I was staring until Gerard coughed.

“Can we get some fucking privacy?!” I snapped at him.

Gerard rolled his eyes then walked out of the room, shutting the door. I sighed and turned back to Mikey with apologetic eyes. Another sigh escaped my lips when Mikey didn’t say anything to me. His eyes looked pained.

“You look awful.” I laughed a little, trying to lighten the mood.

“You do too.” He added with a little laugh. “When was the last time you slept?”

“I can’t remember.” I shrugged and looked down.

“Natalie,” Mikey sighed, “you can’t do that.”

“I’ve been so worried, Mikey.” I admitted and looked at him with sad eyes. “I miss you.”

Mikey sighed again then look at me. “Come here.” He held out his arms.

I got up from the chair and walked to the bed, dragging my feet. I curled up next to Mikey as he pulled me into his arms. I couldn’t help but smile. It felt so nice being in his arms again. I missed it so much.

“I miss you, too,” he whispered.

“How are you?” I asked quietly, not knowing if it was a hard subject for him.

“I’m doing better. I promise,” He said honestly. “I stopped the pills.”

Good. The pills thing was slightly under control. “And the drinking?” My heart sank.

He was quiet. After a while he decided to answer since he felt how frozen my body was. “I’m trying.” His voice broke.

“Mikey.” I looked up at him sadly.

“I’m trying, Natalie. I swear. I really am.” He looked at me sadly, meaning it.

I sighed and looked down, feeling a little bad for getting angry since he didn’t say what I wanted him to. “Okay.” I nodded.

He kissed my head and sighed a little. “You have no idea how good it feels to have you back in my arms,” he admitted shyly.

“You have no idea how good it feels to be in your arms,” I laughed a little against his chest.

He lifted my chin, looking down at me and kissed my softly. I got the same feeling in my stomach that I had when we first kissed. I pressed my lips harder against his, missing how his lips felt against mine.

I could feel the corner of his lips curve into a smile as he kissed me back. His hands found their way to the small of my back, pulling me closer to his warm body.

I slowly parted my lips, letting his tongue slide into my mouth. He kissed me deeply as he pulled up my shirt.

I wasn’t surprised Mikey and I were so sexually attracted to each other at a time like this. It was our way out. Our escape from reality for a while.

I tossed his jeans aside, and then he was completely naked, as was I. I crawled back on top of him and kissed him deeply as I spread my legs over him. He slowly raised his hips and I pressed mine down against him. I moaned as he slipped inside me and felt my insides shiver.

After a while, I climbed off Mikey and laid next to him. My legs were too weak to hold me up any longer. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him as he tried to slow his breathing. “I love you.” he whispered lusciously.

“I love you too.” I kissed his ear softly and sighed.

Mikey could tell something was bothering me. “What, Natalie?” He asked quietly.

“We didn’t solve anything,” I told him in a somewhat sad tone.

“No, but we certainly satisfied ourselves.” He laughed, obviously trying to stay positive.

“True enough.” I laughed and rest my head on his chest as he pulled the covers over us.

I knew Mikey could tell something was still on my mind. He leaned down and whispered, “I promise I’m trying my best. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be okay.” He kissed my head.

I nodded, not able to speak and closed my eyes. Mikey kissed my head again then slowly fell asleep also.