I Dreamt of You Last Night...

The Hardest Part

Frank sat by Mikey's hospital bed with a sigh. Gerard stood next to him and put his hand on his shoulder. Frank looked up at him with tears in his eyes
"I can't do this, Gee." he choked out.
"Can't do what?"
"I can't just leave Mikey to be with you. Look what happened!"
"You think being with him when you don't love him would be better? Both of you could end up like that, instead of just him." He pointed to Mikey's lifelessly pale body.
"He doesn't deserve to have his heart broken like that."
"And you do?" Frank stood up and glared at Gerard.
"Stop making this about me! Mikey needs me!"
"Mikey needs honesty, not you sitting there pretending you love him!"
"Fuck you." he spat venomously.
Gerard glared back and pushed him against the wall, pinning his arms by his side.
"My brother just tried to kill himself. I know it was my fault just as much as yours. I refuse to let this get in the way of us, though."
"There is no 'us'."
Gerard loosened his grip enough for Frank to push him away. He stared at Frank in shock for a moment before he finally found his voice.
"What do you mean?"
"I won't do this to Mikey. I Already told you I don'y care how much I get hurt. That doesn't matter. What matters is that he's okay. Besides, I do love him. Maybe not the same way I love you, but I love him enough to make sure I don't hurt him."
"Frank?" a strained voice said. Frank's head snapped to look at the bed.
"Mikey! Thank god you're okay."
He sat by the bed again while Gerard stood by his side awkwardly.
"I'm so sorry I hurt you. I do love you."
"Frank, stop. I heard the two of you arguing."
"Dammit. This happens all the time."
"Gerard's right. You'll end up hurting us both in the end. Besides, I'm really not that upset anymore. It'll take a while for me to get over it but I will. I love you, but I can tell Gerard loves you more than I ever could."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Okay."
"So, how long am I stuck in this shithole?"
"Two whole weeks. You fucked yourself up pretty bad." Gerard said.
"I know, and I'm sorry."
"We have to cancel the rest of the tour because of you."
"Sorry, you guys. I honestly wasn't thinking when I did it."
"We're not mad. Just don't ever do it again, okay?"
"Okay."
"We should let him get some sleep." Frank said to Gerard. Gerard nodded and they walked out of the room, closing the door behind them.
"Since we're not gonna be touring anymore", Gerard started, "I was wondering if you'd come back to my place with me. Only if you want to."
Frank smiled shyly and nodded.