The Young and the Hopeless

The Day That I Die

McKala's P.O.V.

I met Joel at his locker. "Y'know, this 'few-days-apart' thing ain't working out too well for me."

"Same here."

"I still love you completely."

"And I'll never quit loving you."

"So should we give this another try?"

"I'd love that."

"Me, too."

I pressed my lips to his cheek. "I honestly will love you forever."

"I'll love you past forever."

We headed to lunch and sat cuddling in a corner, but this time, the silence was comfortable. Benji glared and sat at the table. Joel brough up a random topic: our past---and hopefully---what our future would hold.

Laughed I, "God, we had so many fights with strangers."

"Yeah. I hope when we have kids, they learn from the mistakes we've made so they won't make the same ones."

"Jesus, I hope our daughter doesn't meet her future husband the way you met me."

"I'd have to be slightly hypocritical on that one. That kind of love only happens once."

"Our love was...chemical. A bit like chemistray class. Mix the wrong things, and they go ka-boom!"

He chuckled. "Except the wrong things wrong in our chemical equation were the idiot groping you, the cops, and your sudden exit from Mom's van."

"Yea. We definitely are a different kind of couple."

"Agreed."

"Y'know what?"

"Hm?"

"I'll love you till the day that I die."