A Beautiful Lie

Drugs?

"Nathan!" Nathan heard David scream for him. "Nathan! Help!"

"David?" Nathan called.

"Nathan! Help me!" David let out a scream of horror and fear and pain. Nathan took off running to their bedroom.

"David!" Nathan called again.

David woke up by Nathan screaming his name right outside the door.

"Jesus Christ, Nathan! If you wanted me to get up, you could've just shook me!" David said frustrated.

"You...were sleeping?" Nathan asked confused.

"Yeah! What's wrong with you? Are you okay?" David asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Nathan answered and walked away. He decided to get a glass of water to calm his nerves and watch a little TV.

David decided to get up since it was already 12:30 and walked into the kitchen. He made some turkey sandwiches for him and Nathan and opened the fridge to put the mayonnaise back.

"David," Nathan called.

David let out a sigh of frustration before answering, "What?"

"What's burning?" Nathan asked.

"What the hell are you talking about?" David started to lose his temper with Nathan. "Honestly Nathan, if you want that much attention, why don't you apply to be a stripper?"

"No seriously, David. I smell something burning."

"Well I don't. Are you sure you're okay? Are you on drugs?"

"How can you ask me something like that?"

"The way you're acting. It's immature."

"Don't tell me what's immature!" Nathan yelled and back-handed David so hard the butter knife he was holding fell to the ground.

David immediately flew his hand to the spot Nathan smacked. He felt the blood rushing and the bruise forming.

David gave Nathan a look of pure hatred and bent down and picked up the butter knife.

"You never fuck with someone who has a knife in their hands." David spat and raised the knife to Nathan.

"No! David! Don't! I'm sorry!" Nathan screamed and backed up into the table and covered his face.

David was filled with disgust and confusion. "Nathan, if you keep this up," He paused. "...I'm leaving you."

"David, you just-"

"I don't want to hear it! You're scaring me! Is that what you want? Is that why you're doing this? Because you want to scare me? Well you've achieved it! You can stop now!"

"David-"

"I don't want to hear about it! I've had enough!" David yelled and walked into their bedroom. He pulled out a pair of jeans and a shirt and got dressed. He walked to the door and slid his shoes on and grabbed the apartment key.

"Where are you going?" Nathan asked.

"Away from you." David answered coldly and opened the door and walked out. He didn't even look back before he shut it.

Nathan felt the stinging feeling in his eyes.

"He hates me." He said to himself. "He hates me!"

"You know what to do." Something whispered in his ear. "You know you want to."