A Picture Changed My Life Forever

New Jersey And Secrets

- - GEE'S P.O.V - -

It's great to be back in New Jersey. And it's kinda different having a thirteen-year-old who's never been to NJ be here with us. Don't get me wrong, we're all phsyched that Sam's with us. In fact, we were happy.
Mikey and I were actually meeting Mom again. Haha, I missed Mom. I'm sure that momma's boy of a brother I have does too.
Not to mention, he's meeting his wifey today. He must be happier than anyone here.

- - FRANKIE'S P.O.V - -

SWEET OLE NEW JERSEY! My Chem and Sammy were riding this large cab thing that Brian sent for us. I told the driver to head to my place first. I noticed that Sam was being awfully quiet. I put her on my lap and rocked her back and forth.
"You alright?" I asked her.
"Um, yeah," she said with a smile. "I'm excited."
"Miss your Dad and Phil?"
"I miss Dad.... and Mom. Not Phil."
"That's mean, Sammy. I'm sure he loves you."
She looked at me with a serious face. I know I saw a single tear slide down her face. She looked down as tear after tear silently rolled down her cheeks.
Gee and Ray looked at me. Gee scooted nearer to me and whispered, "Dude, what did you say?"
I looked at him and blinked. "I honestly don't know."
Gee told Ray what he found out from me----which is basically, nothing-----and he gave me a sympathetic look. Gee tried to cheer her up by telling her some old band memories where I mess up or Gee ripping his pants on stage. But we got no laughs out of her.
"Sammy, sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked when Gee and Ray gave up.
She looked at me with bloodshot eyes. "When you said... 'I'm sure he loves you,' you know.... about Phil.... He... doesn't love me...."
"What do you mean, Sammy?"
"He... he used to beat me, too!"